Worth staying at a Disney hotel?

Astro Blaster

Original Poster
I am going to Disneyland Paris in June and still need to book my hotel and park ticket. I'm leaning towards a hotel/ticket combo at Disney's Sequoia Lodge but wanted to get everyone's opinions on here first.

When I go to WDW I like staying on property because the hotels have that Disney "feel" in addition to the extra magic hour benefits and the convenience of being right there. Is it the same at Disneyland Paris or would I be better off saving some Euros and staying at a nearby hotel?

tinkerbell24

I've stayed at the sequoia lodge and thought it was great. We were there at Christmas so the log fire and cabin effect was great. I've also stayed at the Newport bay, this is a lot bigger and a bit further from the park than the sequoia but still within walking distance. I would say defo stay onsite but don't expect the disney feel you get from disneyworld. They are completely different but it's still disney and I wouldn't think it would be the same staying offsite.

RonAnnArbor

Here's the thing -- if you are going to Paris to go to Disneyland Paris and THAT is your main reason of being there, then absolutely stay on site -- the resorts are very good, but the "magic" isn't quite the same as at WDW, still, its right there, and you DO get EMH and I think it is every single morning, actually, one hour before regular admission -- well worth the price.
If you are going to Paris to go to Paris and DLP is just a day or two, then for heavens sake don't stay at DLP -- get a great hotel in downtown Paris and use RER to get to/from DLP.

Astro Blaster

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses! I was thinking along those lines as well, and the extra magic hour definitely is a big plus, especially since I will be going during a busy season.

I think I will go for the Sequoia since I keep hearing good things about it, and because I will be going there just for Disney, not for the actual city of Paris. I figure since it's my one trip to DLP I might as well get the full Disney experience!

RonAnnArbor

Sounds great! Take photos! Post them! And get us a trip report when you are done. I'll be there in a few months again but only for a daytrip...Oh, and Disney Village has a Starbucks...I'm just saying given the outrage on another thread!....Have a great time.

dagobert

The Extra Magic Hours are everyday from 8:00am to 10:00am. You should know that not all rides in Discoveryland and Fantasyland are open and that Frontierland and Adventureland are also closed until 10:00am.

In Discoveryland Disney usually opens Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear and Astro Orbiter and in Fantasyland Dumbo, Mad Hatter's Tea Cups, Le Carrousel de Lancelot and usually one dark ride.

I know that's not a lot, but we always enjoyed the EMH, because it gives you the opportunity to take some pictures or enjoy a cup of coffee at Cable Car Bakeshop with no crowds. I recommend to visit the Dragon beneath the castle and to do Space Mountain.

croboy82

We stayed at the Newport (because it was the only one available haha) but it was still managable to walk to the park and it was lovely. We even got a pic with Minnie Mouse in the Lobby hehe.

Obviously the Disney Hotel itself is the begining of the park (the gates are under the hotel) so its better but also way more pricey :)

You also get EMH with the other Disney Hotels. And as stated not all rides are open but it's still nice to visit the park when it's almost empty. For example we could get on Peter Pan within minutes when later on it was about a 40 minutes wait.

m steve

We liked Sequoia lodge very much and thought that staying on property was well worth the cost. The convenience of being able to walk to the parks or Disney Village was great. Take advantage of EMH because DLP fills up very quickly after ten. When we opened the place at 8:00 am on a Saturday in July and there were fewer than 20 people at the gates.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Stayed at the Sequoia Lodge on opening day so many years agoand loved it than. Will be returning this fall for a three night stay. Two days in the park and one day in Paris. We found visiting Paris was no problem while staying at than Euro Disneyland. Still have my ticket from that day.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
A bit late, but absolutely. DLP is a bit isolated- Disney hotels are within walking distance, any others are not and their busses aren't known to be brilliant.

Newport is great, stayed at Sequoia last year and would do again. Recently renovated with all new rooms. Ask for a Montana room so you're in the main building.

Plus of course you get the magic (European flavoured) and EMH. When you check in, make sure to book an inpark breakfast at least one day during EMH.

Edit- the current 30% off offer is not valid at Sequoia, but is at Newport. Compare your needs for both resorts since you may get 20% at Sequoia.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom