Worst ride in Hollywood Studios?

Worst ride?

• Total voters

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If I'm in a party of 6 (and luckily, I often am), Smuggler's Run is super fun. High energy, chaotic, challenging.

Riding it with strangers sucks.
They’re gonna need to retheme it to a dogfight

Cause…Star Wars.

Just get rid of Bob and have someone new start ripping the bandaids off 10 years of horrible “creative management”

…due it now…gen x will have all the money in 5 years

Goofyernmost

It’s actually a toned down version of flight of passage…it’s on a hydraulic platform

The problem is they’ve gotten lazy with indoor rides…and video game style shooters…and sims

People are gonna go bug nuts for tron…as they did guardians…and slinky…and mine train.

Reason: gravity.

Humans instinctually love speed and movement. Most…at least 😎
So Body Wars / Star Tours in a smaller vehicle. It was ok, if for nothing else, the detailed queue etc. but the ride itself, not so much.

Club Cooloholic

None of them are terrible, but Mickey and Minnie's got my vote because it it so much less fun than the ride it replaced and it usually has such a line. Alien Flying Saucers is actually pretty fun, just wish it was a bit longer, but the lines are usually not that long.
I'd anything this question reminds me of how there aren't enough rides at the park!

Club Cooloholic

It’s actually a toned down version of flight of passage…it’s on a hydraulic platform

The problem is they’ve gotten lazy with indoor rides…and video game style shooters…and sims

People are gonna go bug nuts for tron…as they did guardians…and slinky…and mine train.

Reason: gravity.

Humans instinctually love speed and movement. Most…at least 😎
Tron will underwealm many people.

JIMINYCR

Alien Saucers. Not only because it’s a poor ride but it’s not unique enough and we were expecting something better to come into the new TSL. Kind of a .. What can we stick in here that isn’t too costly and will be passable.

SpectreJordan

I sadly have to go with Alien Swirling Saucers. But I actually really like that ride, it's my favorite spinner in any park. It's so much fun.

Hollywood has my favorite lineup of attractions at WDW. There's nothing I'd consider a dud. I just wish there was more to do besides the current lineup.

celluloid

Oddly enough, Smugglers Run is just PoTC battle for Buccaneer Gold in a SW universe with Mission Space elements thrown in for extra measure...

Yes, a mix of the Alien Encounter Invasion Disneyquest and Toy Story Mania uses the same pull string canon that Battle for Buccaneer good did.

This is exactly why I said it.

JMcMahonEsq

If I'm in a party of 6 (and luckily, I often am), Smuggler's Run is super fun. High energy, chaotic, challenging.

Riding it with strangers sucks.
This times 1000 for me.

Maybe its because we have always ridden as a family, but we always find Smuggler's Run to be a great experience. The kids laughing as we, or their grandparents or cousins keep driving into walls, or crashing. yelling at the gunners missing, or someone forgetting to hit a button. While I know what people "like" can be subjective I can't see the negativity for this one.

Club Cooloholic

This times 1000 for me.

Maybe its because we have always ridden as a family, but we always find Smuggler's Run to be a great experience. The kids laughing as we, or their grandparents or cousins keep driving into walls, or crashing. yelling at the gunners missing, or someone forgetting to hit a button. While I know what people "like" can be subjective I can't see the negativity for this one.
Rise is a more " impressive" ride, but with my family, Smugglers is the more "fun" ride.

UNCgolf

Rise is a more " impressive" ride, but with my family, Smugglers is the more "fun" ride.

That's understandable (even though I think it's a bad video game regardless), but it's also not great ride design for it to only work well if guests have enough people in their party to fill all the spots. Has to be a pretty small number of Disney visitors that have exactly 6 (since having 8 or 9 or whatever ends up with the same problem since the group has to split up).

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

That's understandable (even though I think it's a bad video game regardless), but it's also not great ride design for it to only work well if guests have enough people in their party to fill all the spots. Has to be a pretty small number of Disney visitors that have exactly 6 (since having 8 or 9 or whatever ends up with the same problem since the group has to split up).
It's strange, we have ridden it 3 times and twice they just had our 4 group do it. The other time with other people iin our it was still fun.

JMcMahonEsq

It's strange, we have ridden it 3 times and twice they just had our 4 group do it. The other time with other people iin our it was still fun.
We have ridden now i think 5 times, 4 times with 10 people, and one time with 8. Each time they never broke us up or mixed us. We did 4/6 the times we have gone with 10 people, and only 1 time did they mix in 2 people with our group of 4, and on that occasion they asked if we minded first (it was an older couple and they just did engineering so it didn't detract from the fun.)

It's a special type of ride so I think to UNC's point if it is maximed for a "group" there is the potential for it to not be as fun if you don't have that group size. I don't think it makes the ride bad, if your only a group of 2, but if your looking for a "group" type ride, certainly the design will have a result that its not as fun without that group.

Mireille

Premium Member
I was going to vote for Swirling Saucers, but I can get on that, usually after a short wait, and just sit in the vehicle and enjoy the ride. Smuggler's Run is a neat walk-through followed by an unpleasant, stressful, (due to the) forced-multiplayer video game with no instructions and no time to get used to the controls. I'm glad I went on it but I don't feel the need to ever ride it again. I don't feel like I need to ride Saucers again either, but if I'm walking by and there's a 10 minute wait, I could see getting in line. I'd have to be paid to actually play Smuggler's Run again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom