Worst people to be in line next to?

photomatt

Self anointed Disney "experts", Celtic supporters mainly because of reason given in post two, anyone who likes Disney pop artists, French Canadians and people from New York, vampires, people who eat turkey legs, gingers, war criminals, sand dancers, bunny boilers, anyone with ebola, that guy, monorail spotters, the flatulent, the dead and the living dead.

That list is almost complete, but you forgot to add sportos, motorheads, geeks, *****, bloods, wasteoids, dweebies, and *********.

(It's only funny if you get the reference right away, and even then it's still a stretch. But, if you've seen the movie 9 times or more, it will be pretty easy.)

wdwgreek

So I shouldn't tell my father in line the year the ride was built, the imaginer responsible and the rides hourly capacity.... Sorry :p.

seahawk7

Let me just say this... recently I attended the U.S. Open in Pinehurst, N.C. Upon my arrival my leg started to pain me very badly. I couldn't walk for any distance before it hurt so bad that I had to sit down. I finally broke down and got a scooter otherwise I would have thrown away the $135.00 ticket fee.

I have been a professional driver. I have driven 18 wheelers, straight jobs, 44 foot tour buses for years and never once had an accident. I'm hear to tell you that it is easy for those scooters to get away from you. I mistakenly turned sharply to turn around and came within a second of tipping it over. The controls are hard to get used to and for those that feel that if they step out in front of one, the driver can stop, I am going to have to inform you that they have no direct brakes. You have a control on the handle grip that you pull on to go forward and the only way you stop is to let go of it. Even if you are able to let go immediately the brakes take a second to go on. An accident like the one mentioned was probably a panic situation where the scooter got away from her and she didn't have the reaction time to figure out what to do. That is the one drawback to them. You need training and space to operate. I would bet that 99.9% of the people that get hit by them either stepped in front of them or stopped quickly in front of them. But, it is easier to turn around and curse at the operator then to give any blame to oneself for not paying any attention to where they were walking and what was near them.

Just saying!
I hear you. I wasn't talking about handling an ECV sober. My Mom had an ECV and I tried to drive it and failed miserably. So hats off to those who can drive them. My thought was about whether a person driving an ECV should be allowed to drink. Just a question I have had for a couple of years since observing people drinking around WS. I just thought maybe the two should be exclusive of each other. I was in no way implying the woman had been drinking. My apologies if it came across that way.

Goofyernmost

I hear you. I wasn't talking about handling an ECV sober. My Mom had an ECV and I tried to drive it and failed miserably. So hats off to those who can drive them. My thought was about whether a person driving an ECV should be allowed to drink. Just a question I have had for a couple of years since observing people drinking around WS. I just thought maybe the two should be exclusive of each other. I was in no way implying the woman had been drinking. My apologies if it came across that way.
It didn't to me at all. What I was saying is that those things are a godsend and at the same time can be downright scary. If someone, like me, that had years of experience handling all types of moving vehicles can have a problem then it shouldn't be surprising that an older lady, with limited experience, could have something like that happen.

I think that people should be allowed to have them and that they have to be super careful, but those around them should be conscience of the possibilities and take precautions. After all, it's they that are going to get hit, accidentally. I used the word accidentally because all those folks that feel that they intentionally run into people are delusional and don't understand how easy it is to have a problem with them.

I have personally seen a number of people that have been run into, all minor thankfully, and each incident happened because someone stepped right directly in front of one, with no warning. They then, as expected, turned around and cursed the poor person that had the misfortune of being in the area with someone that didn't take any effort to pay attention to what they were doing. I guess it's human nature to immediately decide that nothing is ever their own fault.

Dwarful

I will say the accident we witnessed was in the MK before BOG opened, so I am not 100% sure, but I doubt intoxication was involved. I do know her whole gang was yelling at her in what seemed to be Spanish. I think the speed of the scooter got away from her and she panicked and others paid the price. I will say it was ugly....bloody, painful, loud and ugly. I felt bad for her and sorry for those she plowed down when she jumped the curb.

KAAAAAHN

On the seven dwarves train ride a few days ago, there was this kid climbing all over everything. Even the trash can at the entrance to the line. Where the 7 barrels are though, the kid was climbing all over it. I mean ALL OVER IT. I eventually figured out that some 17 year old looking girl was the mom to this 3-4 year old. I also noticed grandma. Neither of them reprimanded the kid or told him to get down. They literally looked like they didn't care at all. They have areal nightmare on their hands.

Goofyernmost

On the seven dwarves train ride a few days ago, there was this kid climbing all over everything. Even the trash can at the entrance to the line. Where the 7 barrels are though, the kid was climbing all over it. I mean ALL OVER IT. I eventually figured out that some 17 year old looking girl was the mom to this 3-4 year old. I also noticed grandma. Neither of them reprimanded the kid or told him to get down. They literally looked like they didn't care at all. They have areal self-imposed nightmare on their hands.
Fixed that for you! You're welcome!

ninjaprincesst

On the seven dwarves train ride a few days ago, there was this kid climbing all over everything. Even the trash can at the entrance to the line. Where the 7 barrels are though, the kid was climbing all over it. I mean ALL OVER IT. I eventually figured out that some 17 year old looking girl was the mom to this 3-4 year old. I also noticed grandma. Neither of them reprimanded the kid or told him to get down. They literally looked like they didn't care at all. They have areal nightmare on their hands.
I know exactly what you mean, my daughter and I were in the Test Track line and this kid about 7 was climbing and swing on everything, going under the ropes, climbimg on all the displays, in the room where you customize you cars he literally climed on top of the computers and was walking on top of them, while mom and dad did or said nothing. My 14 year old was ready to grab him and spank him herself lol.

seahawk7

It didn't to me at all. What I was saying is that those things are a godsend and at the same time can be downright scary. If someone, like me, that had years of experience handling all types of moving vehicles can have a problem then it shouldn't be surprising that an older lady, with limited experience, could have something like that happen.

I think that people should be allowed to have them and that they have to be super careful, but those around them should be conscience of the possibilities and take precautions. After all, it's they that are going to get hit, accidentally. I used the word accidentally because all those folks that feel that they intentionally run into people are delusional and don't understand how easy it is to have a problem with them.

I have personally seen a number of people that have been run into, all minor thankfully, and each incident happened because someone stepped right directly in front of one, with no warning. They then, as expected, turned around and cursed the poor person that had the misfortune of being in the area with someone that didn't take any effort to pay attention to what they were doing. I guess it's human nature to immediately decide that nothing is ever their own fault.
My mom had the same problem with people just jumping in front of her. I think it could be very stressful because of that as well. Like I said, I couldn't drive an ECV even in an open area very well so I'm impressed with those who can especially at closing time at the MK.

cw1982

1. People who don't control their children.
2. People who refuse to use deodorant.
3. People who rush to beat everyone into the line, just to not pay attention to the line in front of them moving forward. They then get annoyed when anyone behind them points out that the line moved... even if everyone else has been waiting patiently for several minutes.

Goofyernmost

I'm starting to read this thread backwards - and learning a BUNCH of good stuff....

It appears I'm doing Disney all wrong! If I just don't bathe, act obnoxious, climb on everything (I'm 62 - I can STILL do this!) - everyone else will want to get rid of me as quickly as possible.... so when I just go to the front of any line? The folks in BACK of me will be relieved!

Thanks folks - GREAT advice :).
I'm 66 and can still do the climbing. Not nearly as fast as I could at one time, but, it's the end goal that counts, right?
Getting back down may or may not be a major problem, but, it should be entertaining.

4disneylovers

A little off topic but a good story non the less. I was pushing my 85 year old Grandmother in a wheel chair at MK. This girl stepped right in front of me and I knew I hit her leg because I couldn't possibly stop. She turned around and gave me a horrible look. I just stood there waiting to see what was next. I tend not to pick a fight but will always rise to the occasion if someone else starts it. She said very nastily "can I have my shoe". Here I didn't know because I couldn't see under the wheel chair that I had taken her shoe clear off and it was under the chair when I backed up. I bet she is more careful nowadays.

DisneyFreak23

Oh, um, let's see... naked people, angry parents, big groups, very sweaty people, overly friendly or under friendly people... maybe just people in general. :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom