Worst meal on Disney property?

BeachClub

Ok, let me play the devils :fork: advocate.....we all come on these boards praising everything Disney. (Eisner excluded-wrong thread)...:D
Now, lets see if we can finagle some answers for this question.

Where have you had the WORST meal on Disney property? And why.

:hurl:

BeachClub

Original Poster
Mine was in Canada, Le Cellier Steakhouse. The food was so horrible, I would rather eat hospital food. There was absolutly NO taste or pizzaze to any of our meals. The childs steak was worse than jerky. I was just very disappointed, after all the hoop-la about it, I was expecting much more.
:hurl:

Upvote 0

riess424

Worst meal

Bongo's Cuban Cafe, House of Blues, somewhere on the Boardwalk (Spoodles maybe, dont remember), theres some other restaurants at WDW, but just cant remember.

Upvote 0

jriddle

We have been to WDW 8 times in recent years. We try to set apart one day for a special dinner. We have experienced Cinderellas Royal Table, & The Crystal Palace at The Magic Kingdom. But by far the worst meal we've had was at Epcot. We had lunch in Italy at L'Originale Alfredo of Rome. When we seated, the server immediately started trying to push the most expensive items on the menu. I don't mind the prices so much, but he just kept pushing. The rolls served could have easily been used for bricks. Even the knives had difficulty getting through them. We had Spaghetti & Fettuccine Alfredo. Both items were very overcooked & dry. It wasn't busy the day we were there, but the server was in a hurry to get us out. We'll try somewhere new in May. Suggestions??:mad:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Can't say that I have ever had a bad meal, but I have been disappointed. Were guests of another couple & we ate at The Whispering Canyon Cafe in the WL for dinner...BBQ...it was very expensive, but not very special. The food wasn't bad, but I thought un-inspired. Really enjoyed the food in Moracco, but the kids didn't...OK, but not their style.

Upvote 0

Ergens2

Worst meal

It is very hard to say we have ever had a bad meal. We have had some that did not meet expectation, but to pin point one will be hard... Here goes....

And the winner (or loser :lol: ) is...

ESPN!!!! I got so sick one trip from a hamburger. We will only go back for drinks. (we usually stay at Y&B or Boardwalk so it is hard to say we will never venture in again.)

And the second runner up is...

Alfredo's in Italy

Upvote 0

PixyDust

Breakfast at Olivia's - December 2001

The waiter took forever to bring out our food (which was cold pancakes). Then he dropped the lemon out of my husband's tea, and stuck it back on the glass. Then he dropped my dad's bacon and put it back on his plate.

We couldn't believe it!!!

My parents hadn't been to WDW in several years, so we were trying to provide a really nice trip and thought Olivia's would be good and quick (since we were staying at OKW).

The waiter sat down with an elderly couple a few tables over from us and just talked and talked while we waited and waited for our food.

Upvote 0

Ergens2

Originally posted by jriddle
But by far the worst meal we've had was at Epcot. We had lunch in Italy at L'Originale Alfredo of Rome. When we seated, the server immediately started trying to push the most expensive items on the menu. I don't mind the prices so much, but he just kept pushing. The rolls served could have easily been used for bricks. Even the knives had difficulty getting through them. We had Spaghetti & Fettuccine Alfredo. Both items were very overcooked & dry. It wasn't busy the day we were there, but the server was in a hurry to get us out. We'll try somewhere new in May. Suggestions??:mad:

I have to agree. Maybe I should start a thread about the worst service at a WDW eatery. We had bad food and bad service while we were there as well. We made P.S. and still waited an hour for a table!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will never go back.

Upvote 0

conntom

one of the worst for me was L'Originale Alfredo of Rome
this food I can have at home there was nothing good
about the food . The price was high for that kind of food
never again.

:mad:

Upvote 0

murphy

Garden grill Hands down!! This was the most horrible food I have ever eaten!!I remember saying during our meal that I would have rather had bologna and enjoyed it!! To top it off we all got sick that night! I also agree with Italy. The food was very bland and very pricey, the price i don,t mind if the food was good! But i have had better cheif boy r dee!!

Upvote 0

celestia

the sci-fi diner restaurant at disney studios was the worst for me (though i've heard it depends on what you order) but i would certainly *NEVER* go back there unless it is for a milkshake or something. they serve food that is pretty much like what i ate when i was a little kid at the cafateria in highschool, and is way overpriced for what you get (including the soggy crinkle cut french fries, YUCK!) :hurl:

also alfredos at epcot is natoriously bad, i've never eaten there personally but i've heard all the horror stories.

on the other end of the spectrum, my favorite is Marakesh, at the morocco pavillion at epcot, and the shwarma at the quick food service in the same pavillion is also great, along with the backlava and incredible mint tea. yum! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

mandib

Restuarant Akershus or w/e its called in Norway. Cold cuts was not my thing but it was good friday so no meat and it seemed like a good place. Not again. I'm going to eat pizza this year when we're down there. lol

Upvote 0

WDWhumanmap

the worst meal i mean i am not the one to complain about wdw nor the great food at some of the resturants but others leave something to be disired....

MK:
i would have to say the caslte has the worst food and the worst service and for the price and wait and time etc. and just it being the castle you thought it would be better no thats y my family and i go back to epcot to eat after MK or we eat w/ pooh at the crystal palece

Epcot:
coarl reef not enough fish for the price
China and Japan had flying bugs
France and Italy never go there again and people sometimes say those are the best resturants i would rather eat at Mexico Norway or Germany thanxs

MGM:
the brown derby is horrible mean people small plates and very pricy and u know your just paying for the atmosphere
i'll take prime time and sci fi alot more fun

DAK:
i don't usually eat there only in africa for lunch i have no complates unless its about the rainforest cafe outside i don't know what it was but for the next 3-5 days after i was sick w/ flu symtoms

Downtown DIsney:
Don't eat anywhere at the westend except for planet hollywood i mean its safer than something there and the cheesecake at disney quest i mean its the cheescake factory come on they're great everywhere

Upvote 0

pinkrose

Originally posted by celestia
the sci-fi diner restaurant at disney studios was the worst for me (though i've heard it depends on what you order) but i would certainly *NEVER* go back there unless it is for a milkshake or something. they serve food that is pretty much like what i ate when i was a little kid at the cafateria in highschool, and is way overpriced for what you get (including the soggy crinkle cut french fries, YUCK!) :hurl:

I totally agree on the sci-fi diner. Been there once, but won't go again.

I was looking at trying Alfredo's this year when we go, but have now changed my mind. lol I think we may try Morocco. I've heard so many good things about it.

Upvote 0

Pippa

I used to love Alfredos but the last couple of times we have had warm food and the waiter almost forcing us to have a dessert! Won't be going back there to eat.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom