worried about being bored on the cruise

steviej

my family and i are taking the eastern cruise in june. When i was a younger teenager, i used to love going into that teen club, but now that im 18, im no longer welcome, nor do i want to go to common grounds. so what is there for an 18 year old to do on the cruise? thanks!

Laura

That's a good question. I kinda had the same dilemma when I went on a cruise at 18. As a younger teen I loved meeting friends in the clubs, but then once you turn 18 you're too old for the kids and too young for the adults.

The Disney Cruise I took when I was 18 was my honeymoon. I don't remember it well, but I think they had different activities throughout the day, like game shows and live entertainment. We spent a lot of time off ship. Castaway Cay was very nice. There's also the pools.

You are right though, there just isn't a lot for an 18 year old.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

When you first get on board, in the stateroom there should be a daily listing of events. Usually on the first day they have different meets for various groups. There may be one for young adults and, if so, you should go.

Upvote 0

Brent

May I add if you did want to go to the teen area by any chance you would be welcome. Another cruise line basicly yelled like mad to get overaged people out but DCL does have an understanding of wanting to still be w/ other teens & not with "older" adults since the adult areas are mostly populated by 30 up & not a lot of people in the 18-late 20s range. So don't feel too old for the teen area if you enjoying doing those activites still I know when I go on DCL again I will be at the teen area not the adult ones as much.

Upvote 0
:D I went when I was 18 - one day was spent in Nassau, one at Castaway Cay, and on the 1 or 2 days at sea, I got my parents to buy me some drinks, I went into all the clubs - dueling pianos, keraoke, dancing, etc., sat by the pool, ate, read, watched movies in the theaters, went to see all the shows, and had a fabulous time. Granted it might've been more fun if I'd brought a friend, but that's just something to remember next time!!:wave:

Upvote 0

monkey

celticdog said:
Drinking age in most of the Bahamas and Carribean is 18.

It doesn't matter if a ship is registered in America or the Caribbean the drinking law is 21. I have been on many cruises and even the American ships that sail in Europe during the summer wont allow you to drink unless you are 21.

Its really annoying particually as the drinking law in the UK is 18. Lucky for me I am now over the American drinking age but my brother is 20 and when we go to the states he cant drink.

Upvote 0

Yoop33

Well if the drinking age doesn't change in International Waters then I am sure the guys with girls age will change out there. Go to the teen clubs and have some fun. and don't worry about anything. You will probably never see any of those people again so do what you have always wanted to but were never able to!!

Upvote 0

Tim G

steviej said:
my family and i are taking the eastern cruise in june. When i was a younger teenager, i used to love going into that teen club, but now that im 18, im no longer welcome, nor do i want to go to common grounds. so what is there for an 18 year old to do on the cruise? thanks!
DON'T GO... YES!! YOU'RE GONNA GET SOOOOO BORED... SO DON'T GO... I'LL GO IN YOUR PLACE... :lookaroun :) :D :lol:

Upvote 0

steviej

Original Poster
Brent said:
May I add if you did want to go to the teen area by any chance you would be welcome. Another cruise line basicly yelled like mad to get overaged people out but DCL does have an understanding of wanting to still be w/ other teens & not with "older" adults since the adult areas are mostly populated by 30 up & not a lot of people in the 18-late 20s range. So don't feel too old for the teen area if you enjoying doing those activites still I know when I go on DCL again I will be at the teen area not the adult ones as much.

I appreciate everyone's suggestions. I truly do. But wouldn't it be weird seeing a 19 year old hanging with 14 and 15 year olds?

Upvote 0

celticdog

monkey said:
It doesn't matter if a ship is registered in America or the Caribbean the drinking law is 21. I have been on many cruises and even the American ships that sail in Europe during the summer wont allow you to drink unless you are 21.

Its really annoying particually as the drinking law in the UK is 18. Lucky for me I am now over the American drinking age but my brother is 20 and when we go to the states he cant drink.

I wasn't refering to the ship, I was refering to the Islands. The ship has it's own rules about drinking. On board it's 21, however, those under 21 are allowed in to some of the clubs on the ship. It the person is under 21 but 18 or older, they could go on a shore excursion and stop at any of the local watering holes for a beverage.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom