News World Showcase torches refurbishment begins today

trainplane3

And there you go...
Anyone know the fate of the torches? I thought they'd be done after RoE, but they were incorporated into Epcot Forever and still light during the preshow. They are one of my favorite parts of World Showcase. Even though the amazing RoE preshow music is no more and was replaced by music that's fine, but doesn't stand out like the RoE preshow music, I'm glad the torches are still there, at least for now.

hpyhnt 1000

1579631951988.png

Those torches are so unique and huge asset to World Showcase. Wonderful news they are staying.

Skywise

Character overlay. :p
Meet me at the Chip n Dale torch - Nah, nah, let's watch it from the Chernabog torch! :)

For you non-midwesterners - King's Island in Ohio had a long time Hanna-Barbera land which included naming the parking lot rows after popular characters, leading to the common joke "Remember we're parked in Bam-Bam 7!"

MrPromey

I wonder what the refurb entails? Work on the torches themselves, and, or, work on the fuel lines running to them?

My guess would be some of both. I know in the past, those who would know have suggested deterioration of the existing lines that were not installed with the intent of lasting as long as they have (or with easy maintenance access being accounted for) would be a reason for them probably not staying.

Happy to see we'll (probably) be keeping them as I think they add great even atmosphere even when not being used in the show.

Kevin_W

Meet me at the Chip n Dale torch - Nah, nah, let's watch it from the Chernabog torch! :)

For you non-midwesterners - King's Island in Ohio had a long time Hanna-Barbera land which included naming the parking lot rows after popular characters, leading to the common joke "Remember we're parked in Bam-Bam 7!"

I'm 45. I still use that joke. Everyone (including my wife) looks at me funny.

Epcot82Guy

They are just upgrading the barges from the old, outdated Maxi barges. They have a new HD LED screens coming to replace on the earth barge. The fountains, lighting, pyro will be more reliable from these new barges.

I truly hate you because of what you just made my imagination do...

I'm now going to cry quietly in a corner of the office...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom