world showcase dining!??

tarzan rocks

I was wondering if anyone could help me choose where to dine around the world show case in Epcot? I have eaten at the Coral Reef restaurant in the park and loved it but have never eaten in a restaurant around the lake. Has anyone got a favourite place? Or is there a restaurant thats not very good? There is so much choice and would love to hear from anyone with useful comments! Good or bad?

Thanks

kennyj29

Tarzan

We also love Coral Reef but we found Canada to be GREAT and my adult children love Japan! Germany was fun but I would have liked it better with a bigger crowd. Anyway I would give Canada a try!

Upvote 0

Disneynutcase

My 2 cents:

Depends on where your tastes lie and how adventurous you are. If you're looking for atmosphere, the San Angel Inn in the Mexico pavilion has them all beat. It's really really cool to eat in there. However the food is a bit pricey for Mexican and the food quality is good to passable.

Teppanyanki in Japan pavilion is fun, but it's a Disney version of Benihana. But I always like the food and the energy in the place and kids love the chefs cooking and chopping away right in front of them.

We tried Restaurant Marrakesh in Morroco the last time we were at Epcot and found it to be a beautiful setting, with great food and a nice show. In fact, this place is now one of our favorites in all WDW. You have to be a bit adventurous to eat here since Morrocan cuisine isn't found in every city.

The Biergarten in Germany can be fun, but it's a buffet--not waitress service--and the food is not that fancy. I personally don't like that they don't really offer any real German beer--just Becks. But you can find authentic German wine.

Safe bets are also: meat and potatoes in Le Cellier/Canadian pavilion. Decent Chinese food that for some reason isn't served family style (i.e. individual dishes on separate plates to pass around like 99% of all U.S. Chinese restaruants) at Nine Dragons. And upscale pub food at Rose & Crown in UK pavilion.

I've never tried France or Norway, although I'm contemplating trying Chef's du France on my next trip to Epcot. I have tried Alfredos and was underwhelmed (I don't like mediocre Italian).

My family's faves at Epcot are Coral Reef and San Angel Inn with Marrakesh recently added to the mix. If you want more specific info about all Epcot (and WDW) menus and prices, try logging onto WDWig.com. All their stuff is pretty up to date and they even have a few restaurant reviews.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Damico

My family always loved that Japanneese restraunt with the chef's doing all the fancy tricks and cooking the food. But go for lunhc and no tfor dinner its the same menu but dinner is more expensive.

Upvote 0

kosherkid411

Just adding my two cents as well...

The biggest factors for my family's dining at WS is the food and price. We often eat at the Beirgarten in Germany. My grandmother (from Germany) says that it is fairly close to her homeland. The other resturant that we like to go to is Le Cellier Steakhouse in Canada. We food is really good and reminds us of our many trips to Toronto and Northern Ontario (I was born in Buffalo, NY).

I've always wanted to try Markesh in Morraco. My family isn't big on unusual food, but it is suposed to be really good. I'm hoping to try it on my next trip.

And as always, there is like a million sites that will give you menus and reviews.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Over the past 4 years my wife and I have eaten all over the world showcase and my comments echo just about everyone elses.

The food at all the places is average to good... but none of them are especailly great. Each place gives a good representation of the some of the authentic native dishes of the country in the world showcase. But if you're a big fan of certain cusine, especially the American-ized version of a certain cusine, you might be a bit disappointed by Epcot's "authentic" versions.

Having said that.... notiable mentions:

San Angel Inn. AMESOME view inside. True Disney set magic. Menu is good but a bit limited.

Tempura Kiku. Great lunch stop. Good tempura and sushi. Very authentic Japanese wait staff.

Chef's de France. I'm not a big fan of french food, but my wife LOVES this place. I will say it's got great desserts.

The only place we've been disappointed by was Alfredo's. The pasta wasn't anything special, and the place was AMAZINGLY packed. Seems like there's always a long line, and we had to wait 30 minutes, even with a PS. A scat few inches seperated us from the table of two next to us, and I felt like I was intruding on their honeymoon dinner, especially when all the waiters sang to them... skip this and head for Spoodles at Boardwalk if you're looking for great pasta.

Honorable mention... Le Cellier Steakhouse. the only place my wife and I haven't been. But comes highly recommended by a close friend and it's tops on our list for our trip in November.

Happy eating!

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
All of them are pretty good. Some more expensive than others, but if you've done Coral Reef, then you've done one of the most expensive in the Epcot park already.

You should also keep in mind that Disney usally tones down the exotic flavored place a little bit to be more accustomed to the average "American" pallet.

This is not to say that the food is bland or anything like that, but that they know in some places that real "authentic" flavors just wont sell to the masses as much, so they choose more open type dises that most people will eat.

A good example is Mexico or China. I've eaten more "authentic" Mexican food from places in Texas, Arizona, etc. A while the Epcot food is very good, it isn't quite the "real thing" in all cases (IMHO).

But all of them are good, and each has it's own atmosphere that are great to see at least once.

If you don't have a particular one you want to go to, but them all in a hat and choose one randomaly and have fun with the choice. :hammer:

Have fun! :wave:

Upvote 0

imagineer99

I have one word to say: Morroco!

Marrakesh is my favorite world showcase restaurant. The portions are gigantic, the food is excellent, the setting is tucked away and quiet, and the waiters are extremely nice.

Don't be afraid to try something unusual. You'll be glad you did.

Heck, they even have a belly dancer. How can you go wrong?:)

Upvote 0
Ditto to what the others have said. We do like eating in the WS.

Chefs de France
Le Cellier
Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki (gotta support my peeps)

Nothing extraordinary,but very good nonetheless.

:slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

Upvote 0

civileng68

Account Suspended
mexico

I agree with the second poster:

Mexico Hands Down! San angel Inn. Atmostphere is unreal and the food is just enough to make you salivate thinking of it.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by Disneynutcase
My 2 cents:

I personally don't like that they don't really offer any real German beer--just Becks. But you can find authentic German wine.

Are you commenting on the lack of variety? beacuse Becks is defiantely a product of Northern Germany, and Im asuming that any product sold under the name has to follow the same purity laws as if sold in Germany. Personally i prefer Warsteiner but we cant have everything, and id much rather drink dark Becks than the dish water that Bass produces.
:)

Upvote 0

LivefortheMouse

Well i have had dinner at several restaurants in world shocase all good(Nine dragons-china, Alfredo di roma-itally,San angel inn-Mexico my favorite) On our next trip in 3 weeks and 2 days we will eat at the jappenesse restaurant .

Upvote 0

Disneynutcase

Re: my Beck's comment.

Sorry, you may be right about it being Northern German beer--not sure from where. However, what they are selling in the Germany pavilion is an Americanized version of Becks like the Americanized Lowenbrau that can be found in most markets--not bad for what it is, but not that German tasting to me.

In comparision to other pavilions--like the U.K.-- the lack of beer variety in the German pavilion kind of stinks. It's not like some of the bigger Baviarian breweries don't import because I've bought stuff like EKU and Spaten in all kinds of places--even a few grocery chains.

With that said, in my three trips to Germany--all as a tourist with stopover visits to family living in Southern Germany (almost near France), I've never ever seen Becks sold anywhere, but again maybe it's because of the region it's from and the regions I've been in. I've never been north of Frankfurt or Munich or Berlin (whichever is more north).

I know I'd like the Biergarten more if it had better variety (or sold Spaten instead of Becks). So add another penny to my two cents...

On a side-note, interesting how everyone is saying mainly the same thing about WS dining--with San Angel Inn, Le Cellier, Teppanyaki, Marrakesh, and even the German and French restaurants, you got good eats. In fact, I always kind of find it mildly irritating having to pick just one or two to do on our Epcot trips. I'd do all the restaruants if I could, but then I'd be fat, out some nice cash, and probably miss a lot of rides and shows because I'd be chowing down.

Upvote 0

kverdon

I'll toss our two cents in the water here.

For Dinner our two places to eat are:

San Angel Inn - It is not Epcot until I've had the Mole Poblano
Marakesh - Lemon Chicken, Our favorite dish at World Showcase

Both places are loaded with atmosphere and the food is good.

For Lunch our top two picks are:

Biergarten - Germany
Ankerhaus - Norway

Both have a buffet sytle and the food is quite good. I'm not so sure about Ankerhaus now that they've taken the Hot food off the buffet. This time round we are looking at Germany for our Lunch at Epcot.

If you don't mind going a little far afield, and you like seafood, hop on the boat from the international gateway to the Beach Club and have the seafood buffet/clam bake at Cape May. Its pricey (~24.00) but its all you can eat with endless clams, crab legs, fish, ribs, chicken and even hot dogs, chicken strips and mac&Cheese for the little ones.

Have a grand trip,

WDW - Boardwalk Sept 2003
- AKL Sept 2002
- Ft. Wildernes Cabin May 2000
- Dixie Landings Oct 1997
- Carribean Beach Oct 1990

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom