World of Disney store in NYC

copper

Original Poster
Has anyone been to the new World of Disney store in NYC? I wanted to know what its like and what merchandise it sells. How does it differ from the regular Disney stores at your local mall?

disneychamp

I haven't been there yet but have friends who work there(I worked at that location for several years when it was a Disney Store/Walt Disney Gallery). It is now run by WDW, as opposed to the Disney Stores. Apparently they carry similar merchandise as the World of Disney stores in WDW and DL...including the monorail toys, Pal Mickey, and the Disney bears, as well as merchandise specifically created for NYC. They also have a permanent character meet and greet area now...the characters will appear daily in blocks of time (for example: Lilo and Stitch now through mid-November, then Santa Goofy and Chip and Dale through Christmas, etc.). Their is also a separate ticketed "interactive" experience with Cinderella available.

Check out www.worldofdisney.com for more information.

AliciaLuvzDizne

im going to try to get there on friday...the plan is that im going for the weekend so my mom can come home and im spending the weekend there for my dad...if i end up going i'll take pictures.
Do you think that would be a problem? sometimes stores dont like it when you take photos...

but like i said... i'll give it a try :)

netenyahoo

Do you think it is possible to order the NYC specific Potato Head parts directly from the store? I know you can't at WDW or DL.

casualrdt

I work right down the street from the store and still need to get over there I will try to do that this weekend and post a few shots.

MarcV

I went to the store on Columbus Day. they have three different floors. On the first floor they have to ns of Incredibles stuff..action figures...tshirts. They also have a large candy session(where I bought a tin of the mickey peppermints that I had only found prieviosly in WDW). That section has most of the candy selection you find at the parks including the make your own pixie stick. then they have NY specific items and clothing.
On the second floor they have picture frames,toys and stuffed animals. They even have Walt Disney Railroad models and Monorail models that are normaly found at the park.
On the third floor they have a multimedia section with computers where you can test disney video games and a huge selection of dvds and cds(although at the time they only had Aladdin on tape), oh and computer programs. Also on that floor they have different computers where you can find out information to help you plan a Disneyland and WDW vacation(including cruises). This is also where they hold the princess reception. I had a great time browsing with the Fam and I even got my peppermints :animwink:

Kwit35

MarcV said:
They also have a large candy session(where I bought a tin of the mickey peppermints that I had only found prieviosly in WDW).
You just made my night! I am addicted to those mints and have a hard time finding them. I am in New York often. Yeah! In fact, I will be there in 3 weeks for the marathon. I will have to 'run' by the store. hehehe.
Of course we are also spending a day at Disney on Nov. 1. I will try and stock up there too. Thank you so much for this info. :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

copper

Original Poster
Thanks for all the feedback! I'm glad to hear that they have alot of WDW stuff. Was the store extremely crowded?

popkid

I was in NYC the other day and we started to make our way towards the Disney Store but had to turn back due to rain and some weary legs. NYC is just thru the tunnel tho, so I'm sure I'll get there eventually...

AliciaLuvzDizne

AliciaLuvzDizne said:
im going to try to get there on friday...the plan is that im going for the weekend so my mom can come home and im spending the weekend there for my dad...if i end up going i'll take pictures.
Do you think that would be a problem? sometimes stores dont like it when you take photos...

but like i said... i'll give it a try :)
Ok I went yesterday. I really liked it but it was super crowded. The NYC stuff was really great, but other than that...I guess if I want to buy wdw suvoniers I want to get them at wdw...
I DID like that they had a home section.
I took some pictures and I will try to post them tonight, I just wanted to throw this response in first. (by the way...I think its nearly impossible to leave that store empty handed :lol: )

weluvtink

My ASM went last weekend. They carry $300 cashmire sweaters (something you would never find in a Disney Store). The third floor is primarily for Cinderellas Court. He said he did not see any collectables or art, which is disappointing. I hope to make it up there soon and see for myself.

goofyman

I was there a few days after the opening and in fact just today! It really is not much different then it was as far as decor. In fact I noticed that they did not even paint the 2nd floor. you can see the hand prints of the little visitors and marks on the wall. Aside from that ,the NYC items a great and it is cool that I don't have to wait for my next trip to get my supply of Goofy cany. Although it's not the same as getting it at the park. And it's cool and weird at same time to see the characters outside the parks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom