World of Color-Season of Light and more Holiday announcements

TP2000

Select nights for Paint the Night makes me wonder if we are finally going to get stuck with Christmas parties.

Doubt it, but Miceage had a good point last month where they said it would make Signature APs seem worth the extra money. Makes the bean counters happy and makes the Signature folks feel like they are getting a better deal.

Disney Analyst

People are saying "Luminaria 2.0"... But I wonder if Disney would use that song in both parks? As it is at Disneyland for the castle show...

jrhwdw

Thankfully no. Select nights means weekends and nightly during Thanksgiving week and the 2 weeks or so surrounding Christmas.
Will ACF get a night performance when PTN isn't running? I used to seeing ACF at night as well as in the daytime all these years!

Is DL going to go for 2 Believes during Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years like last year? IDK if I heard the final report on how that went.

GiveMeTheMusic

Will ACF get a night performance when PTN isn't running? I used to seeing ACF at night as well as in the daytime all these years!

Is DL going to go for 2 Believes during Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years like last year? IDK if I heard the final report on how that went.

Last year they were doing Disneyland Forever and demand was high. The 2 fireworks per night idea was an operational nightmare and I'd be shocked if it returned.

TP2000

Well did WDW's Jingle Cruise get axed?

I don't think WDW has released a Christmas season press release.

But then again, aside from the upcharge private parties WDW doesn't do much for the Christmas season at any of the four WDW parks except decorate Main Street USA, string garland over the entry turnstiles at the other three parks, and put up a really fake looking Christmas tree somewhere near each entrance.

Magic Kingdom Park Christmas Tree - 2015
Magic-Kingdom-Tree-TPC.jpg

Last edited:

TP2000

And because why not compare MK's tree to DL's tree:cool:. I still wish DL had a real tree but at least the artificial one looks pretty good.

It's only September and we're already talking about this annual comparison. It's my fault.

But there's such a huge difference in the way the trees are decorated between the coasts.

At WDW they have these sparsely decorated trees with giant-but-generic and totally period-inappropriate 1970's decorations mostly flat and in two-dimensions. And then for no apparent reason it has popcorn strings where the popcorn has been cultivated on some alien planet where corn kernels grow to be the size of melons and the popcorn comes out the size of basketballs, and then the townsfolk of Main Street USA string this massive unearthly yet buttery popcorn onto the town Christmas tree. Popcorn kernels the size of your head!
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2015/11/12212392_10153073424545981_1996335920_n.jpg

At Disneyland, they have a huge budget and this hip Etsy vibe that is still obviously themed to early 1900's Americana with period decor like you would have found in a Midwest department store or toy shop circa 1905. There's a hundred different types of deocrations; dolls, wooden toys, glass finials, nutcrackers, birdcages, jeweled brooches, brocaded balls, beads and baubles, etc., and it's all in forced perspective where the decor on the bottom is normal size and it gets progressively smaller towards the top. Classy, elegant, festive, and expensive looking.
tumblr_ny6rkerz1Q1uv5n9po1_1280.jpg

I just don't understand how two trees decorated by the same company for the same environment can come out looking so dramatically different. One is cheap 1970's KMart, the other is expensive 21st century Nordstrom. Odd how that works. :eek:

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

I thought TP was kidding about the popcorn thingy, but I zoomed in on the photo, and sure enough, the tree legit has popcorn garland. Wow. That looks pretty bad in the photo, as well as all the decorations in general, but I'd have to see it in person to make a final judgement call. Seems no effort is put into the tree, as it looks bare. Where are the ornaments? My Christmas tree every year looks much better, even with decades-old ornaments my siblings and I made in kindergarten with awkward photos of us glued on the front.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom