World of Color Question

PortOrleans

Original Poster
I recently heard rumors that World of Color had returned but was not working fully (i.e. fountains and other things not working) leading to a “thinner” show. Is this true? I really don’t want it to be true but I want to keep expectations in check.

oo_nrb

Here are some comparisons I just threw together, taken from this 2013 video and this 2019 video. Both were shot from roughly the same spot, though the 2019 video has a wider field of view.

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Nonsuch

It does appear a great deal less functional than before.
The video stills might give you that impression, but World of Color is fully functional.
I have seen every version of WOC many times, and the show has never looked better.

There are a few temporary lighting towers in the viewing area used for Food and Wine, which are a minor obstruction.

SuddenStorm

The video stills might give you that impression, but World of Color is fully functional.
I have seen every version of WOC many times, and the show has never looked better.

There are a few temporary lighting towers in the viewing area used for Food and Wine, which are a minor obstruction.

There are clearly less fountains being used in the newer video, what do you mean it's fully functional?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
There are clearly less fountains being used in the newer video, what do you mean it's fully functional?

I have a question, just asking for inquiring minds...

Are we actually sure its not fully functional? Or are we making assumptions just based on past videos? Could it be that Disney decided to change a few things around and the "new show" is just slightly different than the show from years passed?

SuddenStorm

I have a question, just asking for inquiring minds...

Are we actually sure its not fully functional? Or are we making assumptions just based on past videos? Could it be that Disney decided to change a few things around and the "new show" is just slightly different than the show from years passed?

Looking at the images, the fountain choreography is exactly the same- minus the broken fountains. Doesn't look like it's an intentional change.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Looking at the images, the fountain choreography is exactly the same- minus the broken fountains. Doesn't look like it's an intentional change.

Well I guess the question is if you're actually right or not. One would assume that if there really were broken fountains they'd fix them eventually. However if it remains the same for the foreseeable future then one would assume its an intentional change.

SuddenStorm

Well I guess the question is if you're actually right or not. One would assume that if there really were broken fountains they'd fix them eventually. However if it remains the same for the foreseeable future then one would assume its an intentional change.

There's clearly fountains that should be going but aren't. It's not a new style choice- something's broken. If Disney doesn't fix it, that won't mean something isn't broken.

oo_nrb

It's not a perfect matchup, but here are the two videos compared side by side. If you do some creative pausing, you can get them to sync up perfectly: http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/5c8b4d9b1cb88-woc-comparison-2013-2019.php . It's pretty obvious that there are fountains missing from the 2019 version of the show, especially since none of the choreography changed. There are also other things missing from the show, notably the projection into the loop (which can't be done now due to the "Pixar Pier" logo).

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It's not a perfect matchup, but here are the two videos compared side by side. If you do some creative pausing, you can get them to sync up perfectly: http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/5c8b4d9b1cb88-woc-comparison-2013-2019.php . It's pretty obvious that there are fountains missing from the 2019 version of the show, especially since none of the choreography changed. There are also other things missing from the show, notably the projection into the loop (which can't be done now due to the "Pixar Pier" logo).

Which to me indicates a possible change in the show due to the changes made to Pixar Pier, as you mention the logo being one reason. So its not that far of a stretch to think they may have also changed the fountain configuration in light of the overall issues from the 2018 maintenance fiasco.

Anyways the show is back and that is really all that matters. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom