News "World of Color – One" coming to Disney California Adventure

waltography

Yes…and nearly every park show since (especially at WDW). I think this template coming to WOC sooner or later is a pretty good bet.
Honestly, doesn't it already kind of go through that template already? WoC as-is already goes through the contours of a hero's journey, it is the proto-Disney movie: exposition followed by motivation/"I want" song, then the start of a journey where hijinks ensue, encountering a love interest or otherwise platonic friendship with comedic relief, then the threat of danger, the villains "win", sentimental climax when all hope is lost, then magic/love/good saves the day.

(It's also why I find that WoC is more successful than most other clip shows, because it hits those plot beats so well despite having no actual story in mind.)

DCBaker

Premium Member
There will be a sneak peek of World of Color – ONE during Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve.

"This year’s broadcast includes a special celebration from the Disneyland Resort for the first time ever, plus a sneak peek at “World of Color – ONE,” just one of two nighttime spectaculars and more special offerings debuting at Disneyland Resort on January 27 in celebration of the Walt Disney Company’s 100th Anniversary."

DCBaker

Premium Member
Disney has shared more details of World of Color - ONE, including use of a virtual queue.

"The spectacular features songs and stories of some of the most courageous, loving and inspiring characters who dared to be wavemakers and change the world. In fact, this is the first Disneyland Resort nighttime spectacular to feature characters, music and moments from Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, the Avengers, and Star Wars in the same production. Moments from favorite films such as “The Lion King,” “Moana,” “Coco,” “Mulan,” “Soul,” and others emerge on an immense water screen that can span up to 380 feet across

This spectrum of stories is set to a beautiful musical score comprised of 18 different compositions, including a new, original song “Start a Wave,” which was written by GRAMMY®-nominated artist Cody Fry and features lead vocals performed by singer-songwriter and actress Loren Allred."

"When “World of Color – ONE” debuts, you will be able to access viewing areas for the show through a virtual queue system available only via the Disneyland app.* Distribution for the complimentary virtual queue will begin at noon, daily (subject to availability), and is available for guests who have entered Disney California Adventure park for the day or have entered Disneyland park with a Park Hopper ticket.** On nights when there are multiple showtimes, distribution for additional showtimes will begin immediately after distribution for the first showtime has ended. If you have obtained a virtual queue selection, enter your designated viewing area for your designated show time via one of the two marked entrance points (Blue or Yellow) approximately 30-45 minutes before the show begins. How-to details on the virtual queue system are available at Disneyland.com. If the virtual queue reaches capacity, check in with a cast member at the Paradise Bay viewing area shortly before “World of Color – ONE” begins for walk-up viewing options. Joining the virtual queue is not required, but it is highly recommended as walk-up viewing options for each performance are available on a first-come, first-served basis."

Disney Analyst

Disney has shared more details of World of Color - ONE, including use of a virtual queue.

"The spectacular features songs and stories of some of the most courageous, loving and inspiring characters who dared to be wavemakers and change the world. In fact, this is the first Disneyland Resort nighttime spectacular to feature characters, music and moments from Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, the Avengers, and Star Wars in the same production. Moments from favorite films such as “The Lion King,” “Moana,” “Coco,” “Mulan,” “Soul,” and others emerge on an immense water screen that can span up to 380 feet across

This spectrum of stories is set to a beautiful musical score comprised of 18 different compositions, including a new, original song “Start a Wave,” which was written by GRAMMY®-nominated artist Cody Fry and features lead vocals performed by singer-songwriter and actress Loren Allred."

"When “World of Color – ONE” debuts, you will be able to access viewing areas for the show through a virtual queue system available only via the Disneyland app.* Distribution for the complimentary virtual queue will begin at noon, daily (subject to availability), and is available for guests who have entered Disney California Adventure park for the day or have entered Disneyland park with a Park Hopper ticket.** On nights when there are multiple showtimes, distribution for additional showtimes will begin immediately after distribution for the first showtime has ended. If you have obtained a virtual queue selection, enter your designated viewing area for your designated show time via one of the two marked entrance points (Blue or Yellow) approximately 30-45 minutes before the show begins. How-to details on the virtual queue system are available at Disneyland.com. If the virtual queue reaches capacity, check in with a cast member at the Paradise Bay viewing area shortly before “World of Color – ONE” begins for walk-up viewing options. Joining the virtual queue is not required, but it is highly recommended as walk-up viewing options for each performance are available on a first-come, first-served basis."

The new song sounds nice.

So definitely no physical prop, the concept art was simply an exaggeration.

Vinnie Mac

Idk if I'm gonna be the unpopular opinion here but I really like that song based off that little snippet. Like to see Disney touch on the idea of unity and change. Let's see if they can replicate that for Epcot this October...

Emmanuel

Was looking at some recent footage of Season of Light, and I think they've definitely been working on the fountain array to get it in better shape for the new show, noticing a lot less issues. Still some, but not as bad as when World of Color first came back.
And the classic WoC comes back the day after the holidays so definitely no downtime in between the end of the holidays and the start of the 100 anniversary.

TTA94

Idk if I'm gonna be the unpopular opinion here but I really like that song based off that little snippet. Like to see Disney touch on the idea of unity and change. Let's see if they can replicate that for Epcot this October...

I’ll probably be the unpopular opinion and say I dislike these new songs. Not catchy or ear worm by any means and to slow. I’m sure some hated the original upbeat WoC theme song though.

Vinnie Mac

I’ll probably be the unpopular opinion and say I dislike these new songs. Not catchy or ear worm by any means and to slow. I’m sure some hated the original upbeat WoC theme song though.
Understandable. Do you prefer more orchestra-based music that Disney used to do?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom