World Drive Phase-III

Mike730

Seems like the perfect place to plop a Fantasy Springs clone from Tokyo. Bobby loves a 2 for 1.
1636653401931.png

Next Big Thing

Good god…nobody with a Brain builds circles BY CHOICE in this day and age

they are absolutely terrible for flow and visibility.
Sorry to pull this from the beginning of the thread, but this is a terrible take. I love round-a-bouts and the positive side of them is that it avoids the need for a stop light and generally lessens accidents (and also makes traffic flow better).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sorry to pull this from the beginning of the thread, but this is a terrible take. I love round-a-bouts and the positive side of them is that it avoids the need for a stop light and generally lessens accidents (and also makes traffic flow better).
Where are you driving?

I hope it’s not with high volume and many unfamiliar travelers?

maxairmike

Where are you driving?

I hope it’s not with high volume and many unfamiliar travelers?

If these were going to be on Buena Vista Dr. I would agree with you, however their location on this part of Floridian Way will have a much, much higher level of "local" traffic compared to tourist traffic, even if you want to include a hypothetical future resort north and east of the Grand.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If these were going to be on Buena Vista Dr. I would agree with you, however their location on this part of Floridian Way will have a much, much higher level of "local" traffic compared to tourist traffic, even if you want to include a hypothetical future resort north and east of the Grand.
Right now…

…why are they doing this kinda work in the longterm? They’ve rerouted every road around magic kingdom…so there seems to be a longer range goal here.

JoeCamel

Roundabouts have been a success even to the good ol boys in Jawjuh (Georgia for those not from my part of the country) and have reduced accidents at many previously problematic intersections.

I can agree that they’re not the end all be all though.
I've run into several miles out in the boonies. Always a surprise to find them out there. I guess if the people are going to run the stop signs and crash you just remove the stop signs and recontour the roadway.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I've run into several miles out in the boonies. Always a surprise to find them out there. I guess if the people are going to run the stop signs and crash you just remove the stop signs and recontour the roadway.
They work great in BFE…

not so much at park dump in the magic kingdom

hosekiller

Nor am I…

but I do work with them quite often. I’m told they can be functional…but have limits
They have limits for sure and definitely don’t make sense in every application.
Nor am I…

but I do work with them quite often. I’m told they can be functional…but have limits
They have their limits for sure. And of course my experience is limited to a noticeable reduction in accidents, both serious and minor, in the area I live. We also had people freaking out when they started installing them locally (I believe GDOT has mandated that a study has to be done when improving an intersection to get grants and such) but people love them now.

It‘ll be interesting to see how this works out as well as finding out the whole purpose of the realignment.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

JoeCamel

I use to work for a company HQ'd in Waltham so I'm familiar with the pain.

I lived in Everett for many years...and during that time commuted to Newtonville daily. :)
Y'all assuming those people know how to drive in the first place. This is WDW where everyone learned to drive on the speedway. Whole different situation here...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom