working out for Disney

real mad hatter

Yeh.The minute I book that magical vacation I go into keep fit mode.( what are you laughing at ) I start by cutting back on my eating late on at nights,my drink intake goes from big beers to wee beers,A glass of wine at night instead of a bottle. I leave the car at home and ride the horse to town. I order a 10" pizza on Saturday nights instead of the 16" pizza.I swim out the loch on Sundays to Scar island to dive for scallops then swim home again ( 2 miles ) My diet goes almost vegetarian with soya beans & whole wheat bread.Then my alarm goes off and it's time to get up.Ah well, at least the dream was good.;)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Good for you, @figmentfan423! I tried JM's 30 Day Shred once and thought I was going to drop dead.

At this time of year, I do my workouts on the weekends, because I have to do them first thing or else they don't get done, and I despise getting up in the dark. So I do an hour-long DVD on Saturday and Sunday. This past weekend, I did two of the older FIRM workouts.

I'm looking forward to "spring ahead" and get back to my 4 days a week schedule, and following your thread will keep me motivated!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good for you, @figmentfan423! I tried JM's 30 Day Shred once and thought I was going to drop dead.

At this time of year, I do my workouts on the weekends, because I have to do them first thing or else they don't get done, and I despise getting up in the dark. So I do an hour-long DVD on Saturday and Sunday. This past weekend, I did two of the older FIRM workouts.

I'm looking forward to "spring ahead" and get back to my 4 days a week schedule, and following your thread will keep me motivated!
Good for you when I do the shred I do 2 back to back and usually a 5mi Leslie Sansone walk or some Zumba! But I'm nuts!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I run everyday.... And coach cheerleaders... And teach PE to k-5.... But it keeps me young :)

It sure is working! I took up running last year after the Shred nearly killed me and managed to increase my cardio capacity, but just last month my doc recommended that I give it up, as it's no good for my bad back. :(

Good for you when I do the shred I do 2 back to back and usually a 5mi Leslie Sansone walk or some Zumba! But I'm nuts!

I'd have to agree, you're nuts. :p (kidding). I would love to do Zumba, but I am extremely uncoordinated. Hopefully I get the same effect from putting dance music on the radio and shimmying around the kitchen for a half hour. :)

Sans Souci

I haven't worked out yet today. I am 2/3 of the way through a 108 day power yoga program called Ultimate Yogi. I follow a set rotation. Today is "Gentle Yoga", so I like to do that one before bed.

I used to all kinds of high intensity, high impact cardio and lift weights, but then my knee betrayed me. :( I used to scoff at yoga, but this program is no joke. I like it because I do not get as hungry as I did when I was going full-bore. I have leaned out a bit more and I can see more of the muscle definition I worked so hard to create.

I also wear a Fit Bit and aim for a minimum of 10K steps/day. I have it linked to My Fitness Pal, where I track my eats.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I haven't worked out yet today. I am 2/3 of the way through a 108 day power yoga program called Ultimate Yogi. I follow a set rotation. Today is "Gentle Yoga", so I like to do that one before bed.

I used to all kinds of high intensity, high impact cardio and lift weights, but then my knee betrayed me. :( I used to scoff at yoga, but this program is no joke. I like it because I do not get as hungry as I did when I was going full-bore. I have leaned out a bit more and I can see more of the muscle definition I worked so hard to create.

I also wear a Fit Bit and aim for a minimum of 10K steps/day. I have it linked to My Fitness Pal, where I track my eats.
Not to hijack our thread but how did IEP go?

Sans Souci

Which FIRMs do you have? There is a place online where you can buy the old Anna Benson FIRMS. Someone is converting the VHS videos into DVD format, in case you were interested. There is a renewed interest in them, apparently. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom