working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
If this were to happen, my husband would quit. He has to stay for a year at this job or else we have to pay back the relocation cost. He started this job in May, so we're coming up on a year. He would just work there in the week and fly home at the weekend. The only thing I am miffed about is moving needlessly. I had a life back home and I had to leave it all behind. :(
Sympathy like.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning. I've got to start listening to my body! Some days i wake up just needing yoga but have not always listened because with all the cold and ice I was worried about getting my miles in. Well no more! Today was a I needed yoga day and just did some:joyfull: We'll be getting some shmutz later so I have some aerobics ready to go once everybody leaves. I'm feeling much more energized:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Since I'm off from work today, I'll take a long walk in the woods. Funny thing is that even though I think of this as exercise, I probably exercise more on a regular work day--between the walks to and from buses and trains, and the walks around the multi-building complex where I work, most likely I log in a good 4-5 miles daily! :joyfull:

Sans Souci

Since I'm off from work today, I'll take a long walk in the woods. Funny thing is that even though I think of this as exercise, I probably exercise more on a regular work day--between the walks to and from buses and trains, and the walks around the multi-building complex where I work, most likely I log in a good 4-5 miles daily! :joyfull:

Nice! This is such a great time of year to walk in the woods, too. It's really encouraging to see buds on trees and flowers beginning to sprout up. The cardinals around here have really started singing again, too.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I felt a little under the weather, but not completely. So I did a Jessica Smith You Tube Workout called, "Belly, Buns and Thighs Walk" and then I followed it up with a weightless arm workout that felt much longer than the 15 minutes it lasted. Ouch. The burn. LOL

I love the JS workouts where Peanut is just chilling out on the floor. Sometimes she waddles in front of JS, stops momentarily, and then goes back to her little corner. <3

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I felt a little under the weather, but not completely. So I did a Jessica Smith You Tube Workout called, "Belly, Buns and Thighs Walk" and then I followed it up with a weightless arm workout that felt much longer than the 15 minutes it lasted. Ouch. The burn. LOL

I love the JS workouts where Peanut is just chilling out on the floor. Sometimes she waddles in front of JS, stops momentarily, and then goes back to her little corner. <3

B,B,T is a fun one:) Peanut is so cute that sometimes I'll do one of her workouts just to see what if anything he does:joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Nice! This is such a great time of year to walk in the woods, too. It's really encouraging to see buds on trees and flowers beginning to sprout up. The cardinals around here have really started singing again, too.

Oh cardinals! I love red cardinals--you just gave me an idea today--to look for one in the woods when I go out for a walk. Not sure if it's too early for them to return yet, though.

Sans Souci

Oh cardinals! I love red cardinals--you just gave me an idea today--to look for one in the woods when I go out for a walk. Not sure if it's too early for them to return yet, though.

I have loads of them in my yard. I love when it snows and you can see them on a snow covered branch. So pretty. I've been seeing more blue jays, too. It's almost time for hummingbirds to come back, too. They're good for a chuckle or two. :)

Sans Souci

Today I dusted off a Jessica Smith DVD. I think it's called Ten Pounds Down: Cardio Abs. It has 3 ~25 minute workouts. I combined the kickboxing and the circuit workouts. No Peanut in this workout. Boo. But it was good, nonetheless. She did sneak in some burpees, though. :cautious:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am going to check that channel out. I have so many saved and I seem to stick to one or two.
I think i got in a bit of rut over winter:hilarious:. It's not so bad for me to do so over the summer because I get out and walk, ride my bike or if it's really nice swim in addition to a morning workout of some type:joyfull:. I hate winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning another weight loss yoga PT but it seemed like mostly lower body which was what I was looking for today:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: We're all going mall walking later(note to self leave my wallet at home LOL) While out yesterday I once again cornered the market on peppers, they were beautiful and on sale. I guess the guys will be getting chili and some type of tex mex casserole this week:joyfull:

Sans Souci

I think i got in a bit of rut over winter:hilarious:. It's not so bad for me to do so over the summer because I get out and walk, ride my bike or if it's really nice swim in addition to a morning workout of some type:joyfull:. I hate winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like it, either. I usually go out for more walks in the summer, too. I end up going out a few times, just because I love the warmer weather. :inlove:

Sans Souci

I think I am taking a break today. I was up all night with sinus pain. I had to keep sitting up right to relieve the pressure. I am pretty tired today, and I still have some pressure. I think it's the quick weather change. This time of year is torture for me. I might just do some gentle stretching later on.

On the bright side, I have made two loaves of banana bread for my son. I really didn't feel up to it, but the recipe I use only requires one bowl to dirty and no mixer required. I had a loaf in the oven in less than 10 minutes. I think the only thing that would be easier would be buying a loaf at the store. :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I think I am taking a break today. I was up all night with sinus pain. I had to keep sitting up right to relieve the pressure. I am pretty tired today, and I still have some pressure. I think it's the quick weather change. This time of year is torture for me. I might just do some gentle stretching later on.

On the bright side, I have made two loaves of banana bread for my son. I really didn't feel up to it, but the recipe I use only requires one bowl to dirty and no mixer required. I had a loaf in the oven in less than 10 minutes. I think the only thing that would be easier would be buying a loaf at the store. :)
Sorry about your sinuses! Can you take anything? GWS xoxo

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning I did another PT practice and this one seemed to hit my shoulders and back plus stretch everything else out:joyfull: It's raining so I'll pop a couple of LS miles in when I kick everybody out.:joyfull: Today I'm going to cook some eggplant parm for the guys and a chili casserole with cornbread topping. I may not have much or any of the casserole and just do a salad day because it's a bit warmer and I got some yummy kalamata olives and artichoke hearts were on sale:joyfull:

Songbird76

Howdy. So...I've been working a lot, which is great exercise, but hubby has been driving me when I work evenings so I don't have to ride my bike home at midnight. So if I work during the day, I HAVE to ride my bike because hubby is already gone with the car before I take the kids to school. But the last few months, it's been SOOOO hard. I thought I must be going crazy...suddenly it was taking me 30 minutes to get to work when it used to be only 20. And when I got there, I was so exhausted and out of breath. My tires seemed low on air so I kept trying to pump them up, but couldn't get any air in them, so I assumed that they were fine and it was just how big I am and that I was just in horrible shape which didn't make much sense considering how much walking I've been doing. Then I had to take DD to the dentist last week and she said my back tire seemed almost flat...but I had JUST tried to pump it up the week before. So when we got home, I tried again...still nothing would go in. So then the next day it was DS's turn at the dentist and on the way home, a bus driver stopped to tell me my back tire seemed flat. Now, I've been having to walk my bike up the 2 big hills every time because I could NOT bike up. And even biking on a flat area was exhausting to keep pedaling and I started having problems with my knee and had to keep getting off the bike to walk. So when the bus driver said that my tire was flat, I immediately took my bike to a shop and he pumped both tires up for free. It turns out the valves are broken so that's why I can't get air in with a hand pump....but his pressure hose pump worked. Today I rode my bike and made it up both hills, never had to walk, and I made it to work in 20 minutes without hardly breaking a sweat. I wasn't out of breath and didn't feel like I had just run a marathon. Holy cow, what a difference!! I actually felt GOOD when I got to work...like I do when I've done a workout. Like I can feel that I've used the muscles, but in a GOOD way. It was so nice. So I'm NOT in horrible shape...it could be better, but it could definitely be a whole lot worse!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Howdy. So...I've been working a lot, which is great exercise, but hubby has been driving me when I work evenings so I don't have to ride my bike home at midnight. So if I work during the day, I HAVE to ride my bike because hubby is already gone with the car before I take the kids to school. But the last few months, it's been SOOOO hard. I thought I must be going crazy...suddenly it was taking me 30 minutes to get to work when it used to be only 20. And when I got there, I was so exhausted and out of breath. My tires seemed low on air so I kept trying to pump them up, but couldn't get any air in them, so I assumed that they were fine and it was just how big I am and that I was just in horrible shape which didn't make much sense considering how much walking I've been doing. Then I had to take DD to the dentist last week and she said my back tire seemed almost flat...but I had JUST tried to pump it up the week before. So when we got home, I tried again...still nothing would go in. So then the next day it was DS's turn at the dentist and on the way home, a bus driver stopped to tell me my back tire seemed flat. Now, I've been having to walk my bike up the 2 big hills every time because I could NOT bike up. And even biking on a flat area was exhausting to keep pedaling and I started having problems with my knee and had to keep getting off the bike to walk. So when the bus driver said that my tire was flat, I immediately took my bike to a shop and he pumped both tires up for free. It turns out the valves are broken so that's why I can't get air in with a hand pump....but his pressure hose pump worked. Today I rode my bike and made it up both hills, never had to walk, and I made it to work in 20 minutes without hardly breaking a sweat. I wasn't out of breath and didn't feel like I had just run a marathon. Holy cow, what a difference!! I actually felt GOOD when I got to work...like I do when I've done a workout. Like I can feel that I've used the muscles, but in a GOOD way. It was so nice. So I'm NOT in horrible shape...it could be better, but it could definitely be a whole lot worse!
With all that extra effort how did your hip hold out?

93boomer

Premium Member
Hi everybody! I got to do my walk outside today since it is in the 70s. It was very nice! I started my daily inhaler on Friday night. And I haven't had to use the rescue one at all. So, hopefully, this has controlled my asthma.;)
I love Jessica Smith workouts. I have done them off and on. I tried a new yoga video that was on amazon prime on Friday afternoon. I haven't done yoga in a long time. Wow, I needed that. It was so relaxing that I almost didn't get up off the floor! lol
Tonight is leftover vegan lasagna and a salad. It was really good. Used swiss chard for one of the layers. Yummy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom