Working at Epcot

aj_macack

Original Poster
Hey there... I was just wondering is anyone has any info on working at Epcot... I live in Canada and desperately want to work at the Canadian pavillion.. I guess what I am asking is does anyone know how Epcot's country exchanges or whatever they call them work....

Thanks a bundle!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I believe that Disney recruits at several universities across canada

Maria

Originally posted by aj_macack
Hey there... I was just wondering is anyone has any info on working at Epcot... I live in Canada and desperately want to work at the Canadian pavillion.. I guess what I am asking is does anyone know how Epcot's country exchanges or whatever they call them work....

Thanks a bundle!

There are agencies in each country that do all the paperwork before the Disney recruiters come to personally interview you there.

In Canada, you need to contact "Cast-A-Way":

Cast-A-Way Cruise and Resort Hiring Agency
3539 Boulevard St. Charles
Suite 218
Kirkland, Quebec H9H 3C4

Phone: 514-696-0361
Fax: 514-624-0290
e-mail: castaway@total.net

Very briefly: if you are hired, they will issue you a Q-1 Visa that will allow you to work as a "cultural representative" in your country´s pavillion. It has a few restrictions and will cost you a few dollars, but the living and learning experiences are totally worth it! You will be living at The Commons, a very nice apt. complex for internationals, sharing it with people from other countries but yours. It´s a lot of fun! Rent will be deducted from your paycheck every week, and it includes transportation on property with scheduled buses from The Commons, maintenance, fully furnished apartment with laundry machines inside, gym, pool, clubhose, tennis court, etc. ;)

Good luck! :)

Don L Duck

Hey Maria; A lot of people consider New jersey a foriegn country,
would I qualify for the same jobs? and where can I get my visa?

:lol: :slurp: :hammer:

Maria

Originally posted by Don L Duck

You just try..... you might be one of the lucky americans to live at The Commons! :animwink: :lol: good one! :animwink:

hail2pitt1103

Also, from what I remember, the international college program lasted 11 months, that may be something you need to consider. in my opinion its definitely worth it, just dont be rude to the american cp's like some of the internationals :)

aj_macack

Original Poster
Thanks for all the info everyone, I found a really good site on the net too... and don't worry not all internationals, canadians included, are rude... especiallly me... I'm quite plesant!!!:lol:

Thanks again!!!:sohappy:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I like the internationals... it's a refreshing change... new views and opinions.... not to mention new friends, and a place to stay if I ever venture to some of these countries..

hail2pitt1103

dont get me wrong, one of the best experiences i had was working the first event and actually getting to bs with alot of the great international cps that had to work the event, canadians and norwegians especially. my hometown isnt a culturally diverse place, and it was nice to talk to everyone, but a few tended to be cold and aloof. luckily this was the exception and not the rule. i guess as with everything, a few can give the rest a bad name.

jaimjaim25

Originally posted by Don L Duck

:lol: i desperately want to work at EPCOT as well.. my dream.. my jersey dream.. to get the heck outta here!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom