Working Around Major Holidays

david10225

Original Poster
Hello -

I've started planning a trip to Japan that will start in Osaka and end in Tokyo with side trips to Nara, Kyoto, and the Hakone area. I'm ending my trip with a 2 day visit to TDL and TDS. (I've been there once before). I'm retired now so am flexible and could go anytime during the month of October up to the first week in November. Are there any big holidays there during that time that would make the tourist spots really crowded that I should avoid? Airfare doesn't matter as I'm burning through all of my United miles and its pretty much the same amount any day. Thank you for any insight you may have.

David

Smugpugmug

I was about to come in with the same question actually. I am in the very early stages of planning a Japan trip with Tokyo Disneyland for sometime in October 2024. I'm taking 1 (maybe 2) people who have never been to the parks before. Would October be a good time to go, especially for first timers? We plan on using Premier Access when needed. The only time I went was in early June and was considering October due to cooler weather.

david10225

Original Poster
My last trip before Covid was also in October. I thought the crowds were managible, with a crush of people b4 park opened and at park opening. I do remember one day it wad unbelievably hot and humid
Looks like Oct 2023 is going to work for me. Can't wait to see the Fall colors outside of the city.

tanc

Only thing that may spoil your plans are typhoons, the parks are usually open during them though.

BasiltheBatLord

I was about to come in with the same question actually. I am in the very early stages of planning a Japan trip with Tokyo Disneyland for sometime in October 2024. I'm taking 1 (maybe 2) people who have never been to the parks before. Would October be a good time to go, especially for first timers? We plan on using Premier Access when needed. The only time I went was in early June and was considering October due to cooler weather.
Great time as far as weather goes, although you may catch the tail end of typhoon season. If you care about Halloween stuff you can also check out HHN at USJ in Osaka (Halloween stuff at TDR has been fairly small and lame recently, although the guests go all out with costumes).

Golden rule for Japan travel is avoid summer, especially July/August.

Smugpugmug

Great time as far as weather goes, although you may catch the tail end of typhoon season. If you care about Halloween stuff you can also check out HHN at USJ in Osaka (Halloween stuff at TDR has been fairly small and lame recently, although the guests go all out with costumes).

Golden rule for Japan travel is avoid summer, especially July/August.
Thank you for the advice! Yeah, my first trip was late May/early June and that was pretty hot.

Would late October/early November be better for avoiding potential typhoons? As well as seeing fall foliage in other parts of Japan? That's a shame about the Halloween festivities not being that exciting in TDR. My group and I love Halloween. We're unsure if we're going to add a day at USJ or not.

BasiltheBatLord

Thank you for the advice! Yeah, my first trip was late May/early June and that was pretty hot.

Would late October/early November be better for avoiding potential typhoons? As well as seeing fall foliage in other parts of Japan? That's a shame about the Halloween festivities not being that exciting in TDR. My group and I love Halloween. We're unsure if we're going to add a day at USJ or not.
Typhoons are typically over by end of September, October is just the tail end. Temperatures will probably be cooler by November.

Keep in mind that if Halloween is important to you, most Halloween stuff in Japan ends immediately after Oct. 31.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom