News Woody's Roundup ticketed event coming to the Contemporary Resort this summer

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I totally get that. But where is the line of reason here? I do interior repairs on vehicles for car dealerships. There is a GM at a Chevy lot that makes over $300,000 a year. He beats me up on price all the time when I try to repair and dye leather that is cracked, worn, or has holes in it. I charge $120. He says, "Nah, I'll pass on that. That's too much." AND HE MAKES $300,000 a year! How are people, regardless of their income, OK with paying $528.00 for 3 hours of BBQ and fireworks?

They're pulling a quarter of a million dollars a year in salary/interest? In that case, this is loose change.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Way too much Toy Story at the parks. Yuck!

You've got a terrible two years ahead of you.

Kman101

I am sure someone has already mentioned this, but if not.....

This really seems to be something that would be a much better 'fit' for the Fort Wilderness Campground.
The theme fits much better compared to the Contemp, and the more 'rustic' setting would certainly make it feel more like a Western Cookout.

-

I agree. This is a very strange choice. Basically falls under "let's throw anything against the wall and see what sticks". And boom it sells out (has it? I can't remember now ...). They must be so proud of themselves for coming up with random things like this that people throw money at them for.

DisneyOutsider

Is it sad agree with all/ most of this yet I’m still going to it? (Again wife really wants to and never asked for anything like this and I was able to get a couple side jobs set up to pay for it.)
You don't have to justify your purchase to us ... It's your money and obviously this is something your family will enjoy.

Could be a nice alternative for a family who wants to enjoy the July 4th fireworks without dealing with the suffocating crowds

olie64

You don't have to justify your purchase to us ... It's your money and obviously this is something your family will enjoy.

Could be a nice alternative for a family who wants to enjoy the July 4th fireworks without dealing with the suffocating crowds

Well I know that. I’m sure my daughter will love it. Actually probably be the only time we watch fireworks cause two younger ones and that crowd/rush at night is terrible.

Obviously I just hope it not to many tickets so the little games and stuff aren’t completely packed.

MickeyMinnieMom

Well I know that. I’m sure my daughter will love it. Actually probably be the only time we watch fireworks cause two younger ones and that crowd/rush at night is terrible.
Our kids are 12 and 14 now, but I definitely remember that rush when they were younger! Hope you guys enjoy!

raymusiccity

I agree. This is a very strange choice. Basically falls under "let's throw anything against the wall and see what sticks". And boom it sells out (has it? I can't remember now ...). They must be so proud of themselves for coming up with random things like this that people throw money at them for.

The strangest part of this 'event', is the description of the evening ending with "fireworks viewing from the porte cochere at the resort's convention center." Isn't the 'port cochere' a fancy word for the Contemporary's driveway overhang!? :oops:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The strangest part of this 'event', is the description of the evening ending with "fireworks viewing from the porte cochere at the resort's convention center." Isn't the 'port cochere' a fancy word for the Contemporary's driveway overhang!? :oops:
Yes, but it’s a reasonable viewing location and used for a lot of corporate events.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
This is a spot frequently used for convention firework viewing. It isn't a bad spot, and they bring in the audio. It is on the right side of the driveway near to the flag poles (if facing the front of the hotel).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom