Woo hoo! New baby

Glasgow

Well, my wife and I just had our first child last weekend. Woo hoo!! It's certainly a lot of work though :)

This changes my view of WDW of course. A lot of discussion has been put into the best age to take your child to the World, but in this thread I'm more or less wondering about the best places to stay.

I think we will be taking our daughter when she's around 2 1/2 years old I suppose. Our last stay was at AKL so I was thinking about WL or possibly POR. Opinions?? Just wanted to get the ball rolling!

Thanks! :)

c27beanie

congrads!
I've yet to have any childern myself, but my first trip to WDW came when i was a mere 3 months old. myself and my parents were able to manage with a 5 year old son and a 3 month old baby at the fort wilderness in the heat of a florida summer.

Upvote 0

monorailguy01

first of all CONGRATZ on your baby :sohappy: now lets see If I may say so I would stay at POFQ It is alot smaller the POR and only one bus stop, unlike POR they have like 3 I believe and if you never stayed there it's soo big... and WL is a very very nice resort... I would say stay there.. if its a money issue I would check out POFQ......

Upvote 0

MR. DISNEY

Congratulations! I took my Princess at 11 months. She was just pulling herself up trying to walk. Well with all the time we had to spend with her she took her first steps (4) on Main Street USA and I got it on video. Its something I will never forget. Everyone asked us "Why would you go to WDW with an 11 month old She'll never remember it?" Well that trip wasn't for her it was for us. My wife, Father,and In-laws got to see it. So if that's where you go for vacation then take her and have a great time! We are DVC members and that made it very easy.

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

Congrats on the baby girl.

We are expecting our son anytime between now and in 8 1/2 weeks. Hoping for at least 4 more weeks.

We are already thinking of the first trip

Upvote 0

Glasgow

Original Poster
Wow - that must've been something, having her first steps on MSU :)

We generally like to go when it's cooler (ie. Feb) so our baby will probably be either 6 months, 18 months or 30 months - it's probably between the latter two. 1 1/2 has a nice ring to it

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom