News Wondrous Journeys firework show coming to Disneyland

gerarar

Premium Member
I noticed they aren't doing the B mode pyro version of Wonderous Journeys like before, they are just straight up cutting all the pyro. There was a night in the past week where the wind was only 10mph and they straight up cut all pyro despite running it in B mode during the Disney 100 run.

They could also just run castle close proximity pyro only which wouldn't be affected by higher elevation winds but they seem to chose not to for some reason.
Interesting enough, the B-mode low castle pyro was running last night in addition to the normal A-mode pyro and fireworks.

So basically, a double loaded A & B-mode show. The most pyro WJ has ever had for a show.

I wonder what caused them to do/trigger this.

gerarar

Premium Member
Wonderous Journeys was out of sync for the whole show tonight

Might have something todo with this

Wow, do love a good Disney fail!
Don't think I've ever seen something like this before. Only thing I can ever recall is the audio for Wishes being cutting off in the finale.

Everything from Immortals to Dos Oruguitas to the reprise was really jarring since the spotlights and fireworks are timed/synced so well there. Seems to be about a 3-4 secs delay.
I do remember that once pyro goes off, it's hard or impossible for a show to do a reset, considering there's that initial fan of comets on the very beginning of WJ.

truecoat

Wonderous Journeys was out of sync for the whole show tonight

Might have something todo with this

This is a great way to get more from the fireworks show. It'll move crowds to another part of the park during fireworks when the area is practically dead.

Finally, some Star Wars music in Star Wars land, who would have thought it possible?

Starship824

In the Parks
No
It's such a baffling decision to only this incredible show run for a few weeks, and they didn't even have the flying characters come back. It should have run January to the beginning of Pixar fest at least. How much more expensive could it have possibly been to run fireworks on weekends and then projections during the week like they did last year. Is it really that much more money to run Wondrous Journeys than Mickey's Mix Magic? Well at least you can go to galaxies edge and avoid the horrible remixes of classic Disney movies and listen to John Williams before Pixar fest begins. As you can tell I hate Mickey's Mix Magic.

jrhwdw

It's such a baffling decision to only this incredible show run for a few weeks, and they didn't even have the flying characters come back. It should have run January to the beginning of Pixar fest at least. How much more expensive could it have possibly been to run fireworks on weekends and then projections during the week like they did last year. Is it really that much more money to run Wondrous Journeys than Mickey's Mix Magic? Well at least you can go to galaxies edge and avoid the horrible remixes of classic Disney movies and listen to John Williams before Pixar fest begins. As you can tell I hate Mickey's Mix Magic.
Yeah....There is No Reason why Mix Magic HAS to be the Default!!!!

gerarar

Premium Member
Mickeys Mix Magic still has the snoap during the Let It Go segment right? That increases the cost of the show more imo (when running in projection-only).

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom