Wonders of Life

J Sulley

Original Poster
I was in there on friday and all still looks the same. Lights were all on in all their glory. The bikes remained covered yet all signage is up. There was a smaller event taking place in the VIP lounge, which like I mentioned at the start of this post,that is regularly used.

ok im new to posting on wdwmagic but i have been reading things on the site for 2 or 3 years now but i wanted to give my take on wonders of life closing or whatever they are doing with it and i had a really interesting thought...well im big into whats new and exciting in theme park rides and i like to search all the companies websites for new rides and one that really caught my eye was one from Vekoma Pandoras Box ride and i thought wouldnt it be awesome if they used this idea and redid bodywars with this system. http://www.vekoma.com/rides_specialties/pandoras_box.htm
thats a link to what the rides all about but hey its a interesting thought and with disney who knows what they could pull off if they did it:cool:

OmegaKnight

As Grizz said earlier, cast member events are being held in the pavilion this month. In fact, today I was in there for the Cast Excellence Survey, which is a yearly event in which cast members fill out surveys about how they feel about the company and things like that. Also going on this month is the Showcase of Opportunities, which is a event WDW holds strictly for cast members. When I was in there today, all the lights were on and it was a shame to see it just sitting there, unoccupied.

wdwishes2005

coastermaster83 said:
ok im new to posting on wdwmagic but i have been reading things on the site for 2 or 3 years now but i wanted to give my take on wonders of life closing or whatever they are doing with it and i had a really interesting thought...well im big into whats new and exciting in theme park rides and i like to search all the companies websites for new rides and one that really caught my eye was one from Vekoma Pandoras Box ride and i thought wouldnt it be awesome if they used this idea and redid bodywars with this system. http://www.vekoma.com/rides_specialties/pandoras_box.htm
thats a link to what the rides all about but hey its a interesting thought and with disney who knows what they could pull off if they did it:cool:

thanx for posting this! that looks reallly cool.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
A quick note for folks lamenting the closure of Wonders...

When was the last time you experienced Coach's Corner?

How about when you saw Anacomical Players?

The pavillion was already dead space.

Body Wars queue rivals Soarin' for length, but was a walk on even in the summer.

What about the two flanking seating areas for Pure and Simple - you know, the ones roughly the size of the Tomorrowland Terrace - when did they ever have people in them?

Frontiers of Medicine was outdated and everyone knew it. How many folks even lingered there long enough to realize the card-access door to the VIP longue was there in plain sight?

Nothing in the Sensory Funhouse has worked in ages - well, atleast not the magic paint brush, nor the hot/cold pipes, the braille was worn away, and the headsets had no audio anymore.

Well and Goods was identicle to Team Mickey in Downtown Disney except, wait, it had less stuff.

The screens at Goofy About Health were burned in from showing the same images over and over.

Cranium Command had all sorts of broken effects (like the light-up hearts) and the carpet walls were falling apart.

Body Wars ride vehicles suffered regular failures and downtimes with the hydrolics unable to keep the ride in-synch with the film.

The roofs of the buildings were covered in an inch of dust.

The panels of the dome were falling down on a regular basis.

The final straw - the lights were burnt out around the giant mobil and the mobil itself often wasn't spinning.

Good riddence to bad show.

CThaddeus

Most of what you're complaining about in Wonders of Life were due to Disney negligence, not guest attendance. Let me just say that each of the times I've been to Epcot, not only did I happily go through everything in that pavilion, but the lines there were just as long as any of the others I encountered, except perhaps Test Track...and to me that is really a sad statement. I think part of what might have been needed was to make the Wonders of Life more visible from the main walkways. It always seemed to me it was set back too far behind a lot of greenery, and if it weren't for the giant DNA, and one or two small signs, you could easily bypass it. That's a shame for those who missed it, because it had some wonderful (and yes, educational - that now evil concept) stuff in it. Cranium Command and "The Making of Me" are on my list of all-time Imagineering greats. I'm just happy I have videos of all of the attractions in there to remind me of the way EPCOT once was...amazing.
Now I fear for Spaceship Earth.

hey i just had a thought what if they took that pandoras box idea that i posted earlyer and put it inside of spaceship earth that would be a cool ride as well.

Since1976

WoL *was* getting old and creaky. On my trip in 2002, I was dismayed at how much the interior resembled a 1980s shopping mall food court. Heck, even most major cities' science museums are more interesting than what WoL had to offer.

CThaddeus

blackride said:
Except that it's highly visible and has very very high numbers of riders.

Yes, but when Project: Gemini started being thrown around, there was also talk of gutting Spaceship Earth and putting in a (surprise) thrill ride called Time Chasers...or something to that effect. Luckily, they discovered they couldn't do it due to the structural supports, but my guess is that since it is now the only pavilion that hasn't had a major overhaul in years and one of the few left to still be heavy on Audio-Animatronics, they'll find some way to screw it up. I don't mind if they update a few things in there - ie. the future portion of it - I just don't want to see another Journey Into Imagination, World of Motion, or Horizons debacle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom