Wonders of Life

J Sulley

Original Poster
I just wanted to share what I was told today at work regarding WoL. As we all know, it appears WoL will either a.) go through a major rehab or b.) be closed as we know it.

I was informed today that a small notification was given yesterday stating that WoL will not open again. I asked my source it they had heard what if any plans were mentioned, yet they had only been told this by "someone" in management.

I have only been at EPCOT for a short time, but the person who told me this has been there for 8 years and I (I repeat "I") feel is relativly credible.

I also know that it will be continued to be used for conventions and other various events such as the one that took place in the upstairs lounge today as well as the tables that are set-up through the main concourse of the building.

Once again, this is not any "new" news, just sharing what I learned at work today...and yes a thread search was done!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
They probably will, Horizons didn't sit unused for too long (Test Track was the reason for the delay) and they'll probably start on it or another project as soon as Seas reopens. Epcot has a fairly good track record of "constant improvement."

Austin1

If and when we see a new attraction I will be very happy. WOL was a great pavillion but showed it's age more than any other. All I ask is no more simulators. I love M:S and im sure I will love Soarin' but I think it's time for a new concept.

jedimaster1227

Heres how it will go: 1st-TLS, 2nd, Sprucing up of WS (possibly including the two new films for Canada and Norway and maybe a new ride or country), 3rd- Finding of use of the Millenium Pavilion, and 4th- WOL retheming.

All of this will be done in celebration of the end of the Happiest Celebration and the beginning of Epcot's 25th!

DisneyRoxMySox

jedimaster1227 said:
Heres how it will go: 1st-TLS, 2nd, Sprucing up of WS (possibly including the two new films for Canada and Norway and maybe a new ride or country), 3rd- Finding of use of the Millenium Pavilion, and 4th- WOL retheming.

All of this will be done in celebration of the end of the Happiest Celebration and the beginning of Epcot's 25th!

This would be great!! We can only hope!

jedimaster1227

No doubts there, I bet that the MV will become a building that shows the history of Epcot with features on ALL of its PAST ATTRACTIONS! AND NEWS OF ANY NEW ONES OR REVIVALS! :animwink: :animwink:

jmoisa

according to all ears net isn't WOL is still open seasonally. I sure hope so cause we are off in 11 days,, and I was so hoping to seet this attraction again (haven't been in 10 yrs)

speck76

jmoisa said:
according to all ears net isn't WOL is still open seasonally. I sure hope so cause we are off in 11 days,, and I was so hoping to seet this attraction again (haven't been in 10 yrs)
It has not been open this summer

speck76

jedimaster1227 said:

The millenium pavillion is used......often.....

Skippy

as mentioned about a week ago, the disney website took WoL off of the 'seasonally open' list. so i don't think it will be open for a while.

jedimaster1227 said:

just curious, is this just being hopeful (sounds like a plan to me) or is there some source behind this?

jmoisa

I was just in the disney official web site, and it also states open seasonally.

I have e-mailed Disney....lets see what they say. (not that I don't believe any of you, I do, I'm just curious as to why they are still avertising it if its closed.)

General Grizz

jmoisa said:
I was just in the disney official web site, and it also states open seasonally.

I have e-mailed Disney....lets see what they say. (not that I don't believe any of you, I do, I'm just curious as to why they are still avertising it if its closed.)
It says "operates seasonally" on the operational calendar... but it is no longer advertised on the attractions list. Good luck with Disney.

J Sulley

Original Poster
Do you have any idea of the number of events that take in the World ShowPlace Events Pavilion? Trust me, we (Epcot Events) host a ton of large groups in there every week and with the continual growing size of the food and wine festival, you will not see the building under going any major changes soon. I feel that it is way to valuable of a space for conventions to be replaced.

All though many of us would like to see this venue be turned into a attraction/public area, it is way to profitable now to be under going changes. Let's start with a change/replacement to WoL and SE first.

AND...I promise that WoL will not be opening any time soon, and if you're taking bets, I'm putting my money on never again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom