Wonders of Life Pavilion Confirmed Opening

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I wonder who they are training over there or if they are trying to pull people with previous training.

In the past, they usually pull from the people who worked there. But also, they bring in Star Tours CM's because the ride systems operate in a nearly identicle manner.

The CMs I know who can operate Body Wars are scattered around Future World East (Energy, MS, and Test Track) and last time - if i recall properly - they brought in the Star Tours trainers to recerfity those CMs first (because they hadn't worked it in over 6 months), then started training new CMs like CPs and CRs and possibly other full timers.

yeti

Crap. I just came back yesterday. :zipit: :brick:

Oh well,I never really liked WoL very much anyway.

The Timekeeper

Well I guess ill never get to go in the WOL because my next trip to WDW is in 2 years I'm guessing it will be gone by then and i also heard on a rumor site about WDW that they will slowly be tearing down sections of WOL.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Well I guess ill never get to go in the WOL because my next trip to WDW is in 2 years I'm guessing it will be gone by then and i also heard on a rumor site about WDW that they will slowly be tearing down sections of WOL.

That'd be interesting. It would explain why Body Wars gets listed as closed while Making of Me and Cranium Command dissapear in January.

Body Wars and Cranium are actually seperate buildins from the main dome, but Body Wars as a whole is really substantially removed from the whole dome, whereas Cranums queue and marquee extends into the dome. You could reasonably put up a small refurbishment wall at the hallway where you enter the main Body Wars queue (just up the steps, where the MET Exploration sign with the pictures is and you round the corner and the plaque about Leonard Nemoy can be found) and then demolish the entire dome and not harm any part of Body Wars.

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
On the park map from last monday 11/13 - WoL wasn't even listed as seasonal any longer. They didn't even make reference to it.

Things that make you go Hhhhmmmmm:brick:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Isn't there a food court in WOL pavillion too. i think they said that was the first thing that was going.

When you enter Wonders of Life there is a ramp that double around on either side left/right and puts you onto the main walkway around the dome.

Straight ahead was the side of the Anacomical Players theater and directly to the right was some of the seating for Pure and Simple (the quick service). Pure and Simple had seating on both sides and was on the outer loop of the main pathway. It was boarded up when the attraction became seasonal. It served an interesting variety of foods including turkey wraps, cheese and fruit plates, chili dogs, whole wheat belgian waffles, and chocolate mousse.

When Pure and Simple closed, so did Well and Goods, the store. It was to the left of Body Wars and actually hides the Body Wars extended queue.

The Anacomical Player theater actually faces (faced?) the Pure and Simple restaurant. The Anacomical Players were removed far earlier, when things like the virtual batting cage/golf swing analysis were removed/closed. Later things like the exercycles began to dissapear. Those used to extend further then their last known location - just right of Body's Wars entrance.

So, Wonders of Life has been closing in phases for a long time. First the Anacomical players and the batting cages, then the store and the restaurant. Next might be the two smaller shows.. and finally Body Wars permanently *shrug*

Epcot82Guy

When you enter Wonders of Life there is a ramp that double around on either side left/right and puts you onto the main walkway around the dome.

Straight ahead was the side of the Anacomical Players theater and directly to the right was some of the seating for Pure and Simple (the quick service). Pure and Simple had seating on both sides and was on the outer loop of the main pathway. It was boarded up when the attraction became seasonal. It served an interesting variety of foods including turkey wraps, cheese and fruit plates, chili dogs, whole wheat belgian waffles, and chocolate mousse.

When Pure and Simple closed, so did Well and Goods, the store. It was to the left of Body Wars and actually hides the Body Wars extended queue.

The Anacomical Player theater actually faces (faced?) the Pure and Simple restaurant. The Anacomical Players were removed far earlier, when things like the virtual batting cage/golf swing analysis were removed/closed. Later things like the exercycles began to dissapear. Those used to extend further then their last known location - just right of Body's Wars entrance.

So, Wonders of Life has been closing in phases for a long time. First the Anacomical players and the batting cages, then the store and the restaurant. Next might be the two smaller shows.. and finally Body Wars permanently *shrug*

It's as if it's been going through the phases of life. Pretty soon we'll have to start calling nursing homes for it. Wow... that's PHENOMENAL storytelling! :lookaroun

EpcotMark

Wonders of Life is still closed as of today. According to Cast Members at the Epcot Tip Board, it will open on November 26th, Next week Sunday.

Isnt it kind of strange that WOL is even opening up for a short period? Wasnt there a thread a while back that stated that they were and or had dismantled body wars from the building? Then there was a thread, not too long ago with pics of construction around the outside of the WOL building? Unless this was cleanup to get the building all perty again...

Epcot82Guy

Isnt it kind of strange that WOL is even opening up for a short period? Wasnt there a thread a while back that stated that they were and or had dismantled body wars from the building? Then there was a thread, not too long ago with pics of construction around the outside of the WOL building? Unless this was cleanup to get the building all perty again...

In a very very brief nutshell, if the pavilion sits closed permanently, there are tax consequences. Whereas if they open it for a specified period (amazing just short enough that the Thanksgiving-NYE season covers it), there are favorable tax results. Therefore, it can be cheaper for them to do so. Now, if a new sponsor rolls around and updates the pavilion... or when Disney decides it's just not worth having it around at all (ala 20kl).

rdour@techminds

So, how stale does that building and its attractions smell? Could all of the dust itself be unhealthy? I'm curious, has Disney kept the equiv. of Epccot's unused basement nice and clean? Or will it be like opening a room at your grandmother's house that hasn't been visited in a really, really, really long time?

I remember a lot about this place, but I sure hope that most of it is functional when I visit in December. Why do I get the feeling it will be like visiting a snapshot frozen in time? At least I get to show my girlfriend what Epcot was like in its glorious past.

Ryan

CThaddeus

I'm incredibly excited about this re-opening, especially since I'll be there during that time. Does anyone know if in the past when it re-opened they also had Goofy About Health running or was it just the "Big 3?" I have pretty decent copies of just about everything in there except that, so while I'll certainly be taping (and taping and taping) everything again anyway, I really want to get Goofy...no pun intended. Or, maybe it was.

zeroFantasy

So, how stale does that building and its attractions smell? Could all of the dust itself be unhealthy? I'm curious, has Disney kept the equiv. of Epccot's unused basement nice and clean? Or will it be like opening a room at your grandmother's house that hasn't been visited in a really, really, really long time?
It doesn't smell bad at all.

SewIn2Disney

I'm incredibly excited about this re-opening, especially since I'll be there during that time. Does anyone know if in the past when it re-opened they also had Goofy About Health running or was it just the "Big 3?" I have pretty decent copies of just about everything in there except that, so while I'll certainly be taping (and taping and taping) everything again anyway, I really want to get Goofy...no pun intended. Or, maybe it was.
Do you have a copy of the Making of Me, and is there any way you could post it online? I've been searching for some time now for that show online. The last time I was there, and WoL was open, I was "too young" to view that, and I'd love to see it!

BTW, I've read that there is an error somewhere in that film, does anyone know anything about that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom