Wonders of Life: Open?

Frank Stallone

It's open, and very..very...very empty.

Out of curiosity, I walked in there around noon the other day while working, and counted less than 15 people in the building (most of which were taking pictures, I assume disney fanatics who just wanted to see the pavilion while it still exists). That of course doesn't include people that may have been riding body wars at the time, or inside Cranium Command (but I did see a whopping 2 people come out of the previous Making of Me show).

It's definitely fun to go in there, just to see what a pavilion looks like while empty.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
It's so strange to hear about Body Wars being empty like that. I can remember running there after rope drop not that long ago to avoid the huge lines it would most certainly have.

Anyone have any idea why it is so empty? Is its opening not being advertised anywhere?

Sad...

Skippy

Anyone have any idea why it is so empty? Is its opening not being advertised anywhere?

Sad...

I don't believe it is mentioned on the park maps, but in the times guide I'm pretty sure they mention it. Was it getting high attendance last time it was open this time of year?

And yes... sad... but so is the pavillion. Ever so outdated. Sad indeed.

pheneix

Its actually getting way higher counts than it did last year. In fact, the pavillion as a whole is pretty darn close to Mission Space right now. Keep in mind that both of these pavillions don't even come close to the number one pavillion at the park right now though, The Land.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Its actually getting way higher counts than it did last year. In fact, the pavillion as a whole is pretty darn close to Mission Space right now. Keep in mind that both of these pavillions don't even come close to the number one pavillion at the park right now though, The Land.

My own personal "get the word out" campaigne I like to feel has helped a smidge ;)

They also put an A-frame outside that usually resides inside the building that directs people to Cranium Command which says "I Want You" which works pretty well. That's getting the walkway folks.

Energy is doing fairly well in general as well, so as long as people are walking to Energy, then Wonders will have people inside. You can miss Wonders from M:S and Test Track but you tend to notice it from Energy.

If they put it on the guidemap, I think the numbers would double or triple.

meanstreak82

I believe that Body Wars, Cranium Command, and Making of Me are on the tip board, but that of course doesn't help guests who have no idea where in the park they are (since they're not on the park maps). The times guide just lists Wonders of Life.

pheneix

If they put it on the guidemap, I think the numbers would double or triple.

They should just put a sign out by the turnstyles that says "Wonders of Life: Now Open." It would be the biggest draw in park... again. Pulling that building off the guidemap was a dumb move too, especially considering that the pavillion is getting decent attendance. Quite frankly, if the numbers hold, Disney would be better served by putting Imagination out of its misery and keeping Wonders of Life open in the interim. At least the guests that venture in to Wonders of Life seem to enjoy it a lot.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
They should just put a sign out by the turnstyles that says "Wonders of Life: Now Open." It would be the biggest draw in park... again. Pulling that building off the guidemap was a dumb move too, especially considering that the pavillion is getting decent attendance. Quite frankly, if the numbers hold, Disney would be better served by putting Imagination out of its misery and keeping Wonders of Life open in the interim. At least the guests that venture in to Wonders of Life seem to enjoy it a lot.

The only problem I see with that is the still popular Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. If they closed Imagination, would they keep that running?

hayzer11

Energy, you make the world go round!
The only problem I see with that is the still popular Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. If they closed Imagination, would they keep that running?
good piont, i love figment, i love JII, the original, but the last two:brick: , i heard that they were thinking about making one, with dream finder again (off topic) anyway, HISTA still is popular, and the Imagination Pavillion would make absoultly no sence?

Frank Stallone

They should just put a sign out by the turnstyles that says "Wonders of Life: Now Open." It would be the biggest draw in park... again.

Am I reading that correctly? I think it would take more than guest awareness to make that pavilion a "draw".

Wonders of Life won't become much of a draw again until it finally gets a new sponsor and the attractions are gutted and replaced.

jason976

Am I reading that correctly? I think it would take more than guest awareness to make that pavilion a "draw".

Wonders of Life won't become much of a draw again until it finally gets a new sponsor and the attractions are gutted and replaced.

I agree. I used to love this attraction, but now it's just outdated and quite boring. The film in Body Wars and Cranium is so old that it's almost embarrasing.

That being said, I think the theme is great and they should keep the Wonders of Life theme but completely replace every attraction inside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom