Woman airlifted to ORMC after riding Mission: Space

wannab@dis

metscool said:
Did she die or is she still alive. If she is alive then she knows not to ride that ride again.
she was treated and released about 3 hours later... (noted in updated story on first page of the thread)

Spectroman2003

according to an insider i have (emt on duty) the woman was a cast member on her day off playing in the parks and was reportedly drunk in the first place. it's her own fault for being that stupid and getting on the ride.

Paranoid

Well..

Bleh.. I really really didn't like that ride.. I was fine with the G's it pulled but I am clostraphobic, small spaces scare the crap out of me. But, if I weren't oh so afraid of small spaces, this ride would have probably been my favorite. And be warned you who have never been on Mission: Space.. Take heed of the warnings.. You're proably thinking 'it's Disney! How bad could it be?' *shudders* It really is very very little space to move.. And when the front end of it comes towards you in the begining.. :dazzle: :lookaroun

CrashNet

Paranoid said:
Bleh.. I really really didn't like that ride.. I was fine with the G's it pulled but I am clostraphobic, small spaces scare the crap out of me. But, if I weren't oh so afraid of small spaces, this ride would have probably been my favorite. And be warned you who have never been on Mission: Space.. Take heed of the warnings.. You're proably thinking 'it's Disney! How bad could it be?' *shudders* It really is very very little space to move.. And when the front end of it comes towards you in the begining.. :dazzle: :lookaroun
That's actually the only thing that bothers me about M:S. Its such a tiny little space and when the front comes down and the door closes you feel like you're in a sardine can.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
cac2889 said:
when the front comes down and the door closes you feel like you're in a sardine can.

Ive never been in any kind of can, so I guess this is another experience I can tick off thanks to Disney

PhilosophyMagic

Frank Stallone said:
....after they told her she was an idiot for going on that attraction while heavily intoxicated.

Was she really intoxicated? I did hear that she was feeling sick al day, but not that she was intoxicated. I'm a Mission: Space cast member, and I left an hour or so before it happened, but another cast member who saw it said she was stumbling down the exit corridor but said she didn't want to sit down when a cast member asked. But that was the exit, not the entrance.

CrashNet

Pumbas Nakasak said:
Ive never been in any kind of can, so I guess this is another experience I can tick off thanks to Disney
Well of course I didn't mean litterally in a sardine can. Its just a comparison. Small spaces bother me somewhat, but it still hasn't stopped me from riding M:S everytime I visit the park. :D

DCLcruiser

MS is great. I went on it 1.5 years ago. No one was in line, ever. We went on it about 3 times. I have no idea how people are getting sick. That little kid who died never should of been on it.

They better not close it. Epcot is starting to loose its cool, but that ride brought back the fun for Teen+ ages (im 22).

MSTINKHERBELL01

Well I'm glad she's okay. People really should take heed to the warnings..I personally visit the world once a month and I refuse to ride MS again. I went on the tamer version a few weeks ago and still felt :eek: .

Unplugged

cac2889 said:
Well of course I didn't mean litterally in a sardine can. Its just a comparison. Small spaces bother me somewhat, but it still hasn't stopped me from riding M:S everytime I visit the park. :D

I thought "The Sardine Can" was the name of a proposed attraction in Epcot: Norway? My mistake....must have been the project code name by Imagineering for M:S? :lol:

dopey

Pumbas Nakasak said:
no the new attraction in Norway is based on athletics, its a short sprint race immediately after the boat ride

Incredibly, a sprint never seen BEFORE the boat ride.

(They could solve that by adding rolling cheese.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom