woah... another new wdw dvd

mickhyperion

I picked up WDW's new Where The Magic Lives DVD a couple of weeks ago at the Magic Kingdom and was impressed. I don't know how it compares to the WDW souvenir DVD that was available previously, but this one seems to be a compilation of footage from different promotional clips made for each attraction and park through the years, so there's some really dated stuff for Space Mountain and others that is really funny, but cool to see. There are even some Walt voiceovers. It doesn't feel like a vacation planning video fortunately (like Disneyland's last one did), but rather like a documentary, and without the annoying pitches or actors as spokespeople. That gives it a high re-watchability rating for me which ultimately makes it worth the money.

MicBat

Re: * * * *

Originally posted by mickhyperion
I picked up WDW's new Where The Magic Lives DVD a couple of weeks ago at the Magic Kingdom and was impressed. I don't know how it compares to the WDW souvenir DVD that was available previously, but this one seems to be a compilation of footage from different promotional clips made for each attraction and park through the years, so there's some really dated stuff for Space Mountain and others that is really funny, but cool to see. There are even some Walt voiceovers. It doesn't feel like a vacation planning video fortunately (like Disneyland's last one did), but rather like a documentary, and without the annoying pitches or actors as spokespeople. That gives it a high re-watchability rating for me which ultimately makes it worth the money.

I had heard that the last dvd (100 years) had almost all of Illuminations. Does this one?

gjpjtj

I should have bought the 100 YOM DVD on our last trip, but didn't. Guess I'm gonna have t start a collection with this one!!!:) :sohappy:

MKCustodial

Wow... That little "View Price In" has this HUGE list, but not my currency! I wonder if that's a message they're sending us... :lookaroun

Anyways, cool site, and cool DVD, thanks! :wave:

WDWJunkie

Banned
I ordered my free WDW dvd quite some time ago and STILL have not arrived it. It's been several months at least. Gee...how long does it take?

MicBat

Originally posted by WDWJunkie
I ordered my free WDW dvd quite some time ago and STILL have not arrived it. It's been several months at least. Gee...how long does it take?

Mine took quite a while (at least 2 months) to come in. I thought it had gotten lost in the mail, so I ordered another one. A few days after the first one arrived, I received my second

Nineinchnailsmk

the 100yom has nearly the entire illuminations. According to the Mainstreetmegastore the new dvd has rare things on it. Im not sure what it has on it....

im ordering it as we speak!

According to Mail Order from WDW, the DVD is only 19.99?

Works for me! Better than the 29.99 theyre selling it for in mainstreetmegastore.com

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom