WL Flag Family

psdisney

Does anyone know if WL still does the raising of the flag at the top of the hotel every morning? I know I read somewhere you could request to be the flag family. Has anyone ever done this? How do you request it? There will be a group of 15 of us staying there in November.

Thank you!

imamouse

You have to request to be the Flag Family at check-in. They'll look in a notebook to check availability and put you on a wait list if no days are open during your stay. Good luck :wave:.

Upvote 0

psdisney

Original Poster
I think it starts at around like 8:15ish in the morning and I would guess probably about an hour long? I think there are like 4 or 5 flags to raise. I wonder if there is a limit of how many people can do it...we'll have a Grand Gathering of 15!!

Upvote 0

swimmom

I have my letter right here from March 30, 2007. We had to go to the Lobby Concierge desk at 8:15 a.m. Stan and another cast member was in the lobby waiting for us. We took the elevator up to the concierge level of the hotel then walked up the stairs to the roof. We had five flags to raise; the United States flag, the State of Florida flag, a Disney logo flag and two Wilderness Lodge flags. It took about 20 minutes for the flag raising allowing plenty of time for photos. After raising the flags we took in the tremondous view from the roof. When we returned to the Concierge level, we were allowed to eat breakfast & presented with a certificate acknowledging our participation in the flag raising.

You must request to be a flag family during your visit when you are checking in. There are no advance requests. We were a group of 5 and I think the maximum number can be 6.

It was an awesome experience and we hope to do it again sometime. It gives a whole new meaning to those flags flying at the roof top knowing that your family raised them that morning.

Upvote 0

DAKOTADISNEY

How difficult is it to be selected to raise the flags? I'm sure it depends on how busy they are and a little luck. We'll be there for a week and I hope we can be selected for one of the days.

Upvote 0

swimmom

How difficult is it to be selected to raise the flags? I'm sure it depends on how busy they are and a little luck. We'll be there for a week and I hope we can be selected for one of the days.

In March of 2007 we were there for 8 days and the last day was available when we checked in. I felt very lucky since this was over spring break. I really didn't think there would be a day available and almost didn't even ask.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom