WL Courtyard v. AKL Savannah

LizLovesDisney

Hello,

I just put a courtsey hold on a disney vacation from may 18 to 25. As you may have read in another post we are splitting our trip into two parts.

For the second part which is better the WL courtyard or the AKL Savannah. With the code the price difference is $10 more for the AKL room.

Which is better in you opinnions?
Also who has better transportation, dinning, etc....

Thanks alot!!!

kennedy

I've stayed at both. Hands down, my vote is for AKL, but ONLY if you are going to stay in a savannah view room. The best part of the hotel is being able to be in your room while watching the animals. Another pro for AKL is the restaurants-- Boma is a great buffet, and Jiko is a very good, upscale restaurant.

Upvote 0

johnvree

Do you have kids and how old are they? (sorry if I missed this)

The reason I am asking is because if they are young and you will be spending a lot of time at MK, then I would choose WL. Then you could plan all of your MK days for when you are staying at the WL, which has the launch directly to the park.

Last May, we split up our vacation between the Poly and the AKL. We loved AKL, though it does feel a bit secluded from the rest of the World. We stayed at the AKL 3 days and went to DAK twice during that time. If you fall out of bed the right way, you will land near DAK's front gates. We saved MK and Epcot for when we were at the Poly.

I guess what I am saying is you may want to take the proximity of the parks you will be visiting into consideration when making your choice.

Upvote 0

MaxPower

We've stayed @ WL Courtyard View and AKL Savanah view a couple of times each. Both of these resorts are the only ones on property that feel like "home" to us.

If you are the rugged outdoors type who prefers rustic over ritzy, then you won't go wrong with either choice. WL leans a bit more to the rustic, which we love, but AKL is great for this too.

We've booked basic rooms at both resorts with AP rates and been given complimentary upgrades to both in the past, but don't count on it. That said, a regular room in either is still great. And I'd disagree with some who have said that a non savanah view at AKL is not worth it. There are plenty of viewing areas around the resort and unless you're planning on spending your entire trip in the room, you may actually spend a lot less time than you'd think looking at the animals. Also, I think not everyone realizes that most of the savanah view rooms do not look out onto the main savanah area that you can access via the lobby, but onto seperate savanahs. That's not to say they're bad views, but just a heads up so that you understand that along with the animals, you may be looking at other guest rooms across the courtyard.

As far as transportation goes, if you're strollering at least one child and want to go to the MK a lot, the boats at WL are very nice, because you don't have to fold up the stroller most of the time. As far as buses go, I've waited more than 20 minutes for my desired bus at both resorts, so it's not like going with AKL means that you'll never have to wait for a bus.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom