WL Club (no pool) or GF (no club but pool)

HotelAttorney

Original Poster
Hello all! I am looking for opinions to help on my family's first visit to WDW.

We just learned that the WL main pool will be down during our upcoming trip in September. My wife and I are bringing our two boys (3 and 1). We had booked the club level at the Lodge and were really excited.

Now, with the news of not having the main pool available, we are looking at other options. The only thing that makes sense is possibly moving to GF but the cost of the club upgrade is much too high.

My thinking is that if we have to pick, we should pick pool over club because we've planned to spend much of at least one day at the pool and we may need a place to come and decompress if the boys get too worked up in the parks.

My wife feels the opposite and thinks that we'll need the club more for the access to breakfast and snacks for the boys if they get hungry.

Thoughts?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
As someone who has stayed club level at WL and just returned from a non-club stay at GF, my advice would be GF hands-down. Being on the monorail line is so great when you have small children and you will likely spend a good deal of time in the MK. You also get that long monorail ride to Epcot. And you can leave the kids in the stroller when riding the monorail.

The GF has two amazing pools, both with zero-depth entry. There is also a children's play area with a water feature.The lounge chairs are padded and you can order food (and have it delivered to your chair) at both pool bars. The only resort pool option at the WL during your stay is the Villas pool, which does not have zero-entry and is small by pool standards. I can only imagine how crowded it's going to be! And if you want food, you will have to get it yourself from Roaring Fork.

All rooms at the GF get nightly turndown (not just club level), Belgian chocolate and bathrobes included. The rooms have been recently refurbished and are beautiful! The rooms are also bigger than those at WL.

There is a fairly large fridge where you can keep food items/snacks and Gasparilla's has a large selection of meal items, both cooked to order or grab-and-go. Perhaps not quite as convenient as walking over to the club lounge, but an adequate substitute!

tamotu99

Maybe one of the other deluxe resorts. Beach or yacht both have a great pool, or akl has a huge amount to do at the resort as well as a really good pool they have the animals, African drumming, there are different things everyday

Although they are not mk area resorts and that may influence your choice of course

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom