Wishing Well

Master__Gracey

Original Poster
Well I'm going in Feb. and I've got plans at Cinderella's Wishing Well, but I have one problem. I've never been there! I've gotten some directions already but i'd feel more confident if I could find it on a satellite map so I could get my bearings. Below is an image I took and put 2 arrows. Can anyone tell me if either of them are pointing in the right place? Thanks.

mkwellwm4.jpg

Edit: Fixed Image Link

Figment82

If you are near Sir Mickey's, or Belle's Storybook Garden, it's along the small pathway that connects the two. It runs next to the castle (on the right side if you're walking up from Main Street).

The easiest way to get there from the entrance is to walk towards the castle, take the second bridge on the right (the one that leads to the Mad Tea Party), then you'll see a small pathway to your left right before you get to Belle's Storybook Garden and Cosmic Ray's. Take the path, and you'll find the wishing well on your left. It's a wonderful quiet spot.

DisneyJoe

or walk thru the castle from the hub towards fantasyland, and as soon as you come out from underneath, take a hard right and go down the path...

Chape19714

It's the red arrow. That pathway closes before wishes, so be sure to visit in the daytime.

The Cinderella Fountain is just behind the castle on the west side.

Teenchy

Well I'm going in Feb. and I've got plans at Cinderella's Wishing Well, but I have one problem. I've never been there! I've gotten some directions already but i'd feel more confident if I could find it on a satellite map so I could get my bearings. Below is an image I took and put 2 arrows. Can anyone tell me if either of them are pointing in the right place? Thanks.

MK_well.jpg
You got it...good luck with the proposal, I used the same spot.

Also if you have the $$ and you want to come up with an elaborate idea that can conclude at the wishing well see www.giftsofalifetime.com , they are great.

WDI 1998

This is a great place to propose. I proposed to my now wife at the wishing well on Halloween 2005 at the MNSSHP. I planned it for months. It went off well but not what I would say was with out a hitch. The most important part was that she said yes. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Master__Gracey

Original Poster
Thanks All!! I had never went that way before, or at least that I remember.

@New2WDW: Great, add more anxiousness.:eek:
Nah, I got a laugh out of that. But I will think about taking half a step back first.:lookaroun

Green Lantern

I proposed to my wife here as well during the 2001 MNSSHP, right at sunset before the party began. I told this story about magic and fantasy and fairies and how because people stopped believing in them, they were fading away. I took out this pouc, and inside was the ring filled with 4 different colors of glitter, which represented fairy dust. So, I told my story, told her to close her eyes, open her hands, and make a wish. I then poured the fairy dust into her hand and told her to open her eyes and blow the dust away. When she did, the ring was resting in her hands.

A year later we were married and honeymooned in WDW. We visit the wishing well every year and make wish. 2 years ago we made a wish and our first daughter was born.

Master__Gracey

Original Poster
I proposed to my wife here as well during the 2001 MNSSHP, right at sunset before the party began. I told this story about magic and fantasy and fairies and how because people stopped believing in them, they were fading away. I took out this pouc, and inside was the ring filled with 4 different colors of glitter, which represented fairy dust. So, I told my story, told her to close her eyes, open her hands, and make a wish. I then poured the fairy dust into her hand and told her to open her eyes and blow the dust away. When she did, the ring was resting in her hands.

A year later we were married and honeymooned in WDW. We visit the wishing well every year and make wish. 2 years ago we made a wish and our first daughter was born.

Wow! That took some planning and thought. I love it! But I'm worried enough about her finding a ring box in my pocket not to mention anything like a pocket full of glitter! I keep having this image of getting my bag searched at the airport or at the MK gate and her seeing it or having her question me about something in my pocket when we go in the park. :eek:

Green Lantern

Wow! That took some planning and thought. I love it! But I'm worried enough about her finding a ring box in my pocket not to mention anything like a pocket full of glitter! I keep having this image of getting my bag searched at the airport or at the MK gate and her seeing it or having her question me about something in my pocket when we go in the park. :eek:

I had the same fears, though when I proposed it was right after 9/11, so we drove down, so there was no bag check. However, I sort of did feel like Frodo from Lord of the Rings, carrying the ring on me at all times and not letting her see it!

What I did was keep the ring in this little jweelry or ring pouch my mother had, it was like a coin purse basically, and I kept that in my pocket at all times. The glitter was tucked away in my suit case, and when we were getting ready to go to the park that night, while she was in the bathroom showering, I filled a special pouch I had for this with the glitter and ring, and had that in my pocket.

I understand your worries, but don't worry, it will work out fine. It'll be worth the effort to keep the ring hidden until the day you propose and you will have a great story to tell, and join the club of couples who got engaged in Disney World at the wishing well.

KajunWDWFan

I proposed to my wife at the RR station on Main Street looking towards the Castle at sunset. I had the ring in my left pocket all day and when we rode rides she was always on my right, not to mention that we were forteen other people that had no idea what I was up to. When I asked her to be my wife, she started crying and was so excited that she never gave me and answer until we were on the monotrail with the sunsetting ( while we still at the train station the people behind us started clapping and cheering). I could not ask for a better way of doing it and a better out come.
So now when we go to Magic Kingdom we always go to the train station first and remember at special moment in our life.
This was the last place that I went on vacation with my mom before she past and the first place that wife (before she was my wife) and I went on vacation. We are going on the Jan. 12 -19 and I can't wait.

Just relax and be yourself and everything will fall in place. It will be something the two of you will always remember. I hope that you an your future wife have a happy life together. Good luck.:p

Master__Gracey

Original Poster
So now when we go to Magic Kingdom we always go to the train station first and remember at special moment in our life.
That's exactly why I was sure to choose a spot I thought would be around for a while. After I heard the people who got engaged at the "ring" at HM I knew it would probably be nice to have a spot that will stay in the park and you could come back to visit. Assuming all goes according to plan! (there's no crossing fingers emoticon)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom