Wishes

togasports

My favorite spot is on main street just past the Ice Cream Parlor, to the left of the hat stand, across from the tip board either on the sidewalk, or in the middle of the street.

MadameCheshire

Wishes is amazing. My brother and I watched it from right at the end of the shops before you get to the hub. It was a terrific spot. Basically.. right between the Ice Cream Parlor, and the baseball place accross the street.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I've yet to see Wishes - but really enjoyed Fanstasy In The Sky - can't wait to see it and I'll check out some new viewing spots. Thanks for the tips :)

dcantwell

Wishes is Incredible

Guys,

I just had to post that when we were in WDW back in 2001 I thought illuminations was so much better than what the MK fireworks had to offer.

But now wishes just knocked our socks off.

Feel free to download the video I shot from Main Street USA (apologies for the shaky footage at times, my 2 yr old was in my other arm and decided to fall asleep) http://www.calabayparc.net/wdw04/wishes04.wmv (27.4mb 11 mins 43 secs)

Let me know what you think.

DERWUNDERBARE

I saw WISHES from different spots around the castle, but the best spot still is right in front of the castle, at Main Street.
Each spot has its beauty and special sights, but the most perfect is really that one, as the fireworks go from left to right with the music of Fantasia etc...

Wannabe Walt

I have now seen Wishes from 4 different locations. All of them were great, but the best of all was standing in the street of the hub to the right of Partners (kinda next to the Tomorrowland bridge, but on the street, not sidewalk). This was a wonderful viewing spot. The first location we viewed it from was next to the path to Adventureland from the Hub and it was great also! We also viewed it from the train station on Main Street. We tried to get the center of level 2, but it was too crowded so we stood at the bottom of the steps that come down in the middle of the platform. It was good, but the lights on City Hall, Exposition Hall, and the stuff in town square didn't turn off :(. And it seemed far away (maybe cuz it was... hmmmm :lol: ) We viewed it from the Bridge to Tomorrowland...I'll just say it...it sucked! The best thing was that Tink flew right over us. The fireworks were way outa line of the castle and trees were in the way a lil bit. The first two location I mentioned are the two that I highly recommend. I have like 60 pics that I took of it from the Hub and from the Tomorrowland Bridge. I plan to get a website to load most of my 600 pix (from all over WDW) to, so if I do, then I will make a page just for Wishes! I'll let you all know if I get one or not!

Goofette

Thank you all for posting the videos. I've never been able to see Wishes, and just watching the video brought tears to my eyes. I can't wait to see it!

Can anyone tell me what MIRC is? or is it MRIC? whichever it is, is that someplace to view videos?

Goofy4WDW

I've watched in two different locations, but my favorite was about half-way between Casey's Corner and the Partners statue. Absolutely incredible!!! My wife bought the CD afterwards.

Embraer

If you fancy a rather unique viewpoint and a good meal try the California Grill on top of the Contemporary Resort. Excellent food plus a gransstand view of Wishes. When the display is about to start you are invited out onto the balcony where the musical track is played through their speakers. I'll agree that your position is a little off as the castle/fireworks aspect is all wrong but it's still magical

Stitch_Kingdom

i gotta agree with carlee on this one. standing next to mickey and walt watching wishes is the best. makes you feel like they are a watching it with you lol. I was there for my 18th birthday and then i went to see fantasmic afterwards and i absolutely loved it!!!!

next time i will see that wondrous firework show is april 2007

jeff_in_FL2003

I can't even count how many times and places I've seen Wishes. My favorites are of course, on Main Street USA. If you don't mind being around a LOT of people, watch it from the street, right between Casey's and the Ice Cream Parlor. Another pretty good spot is the pathway of the Rose Garden, although it's likely you will have a tree or 2 in your way. My all time favorite spot is just east of the ice cream parlor, just before the Tomorrowland Noodle Station (used to be Plaza Pavilion). There is a set of yellow umbrellas at yellow tables just outside the Plaza Restaurant. Go just past those and there is VIP seating down on the terrace, but if you watch from the top of those stairs (you'll be in front of some restrooms). Tink will fly close-by and you will have an unobstructed view of the fireworks.

Jeff °o°

wdwishes2005

JackSkellington said:
I saw Wishes and I love it. Saw it three times from different sides. Now here to post about them. On Tues the 3rd we sat on the outside of Casey's on Main Street on the left. And it was OK but there were trees and many many people in the way. On Thurs the 5th we spent one hour in MK from 8-9 and took the ferry back to the TTC. On the way we realized Wishes was about to start. So we stayed on the boat and went up to the top deck and watched the fireworks from the top deck. It was beautiful and quiet. It was the second best seat, the first was found on May 7. That Friday was our last day and we finished EPCOT and decided to finish off with MK. We rode Peter Pan and tried to hit Winnie the Pooh last but we barely missed closing and found ourselves without rideage of Pooh. So we sat down in the deserted Fantasyland at Mrs. Pott's Cuboard and watched Wishes. And boy it was the best seat in the park. That is where I HIGHLY recommend. However the fireworks shot off the castle are somewhat loud. But if you don't mind it is great to sit down and enjoy the magic.:)

best place, period, is TTA, if you learn how to time it right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom