Wishes

JackSkellington

Original Poster
I saw Wishes and I love it. Saw it three times from different sides. Now here to post about them. On Tues the 3rd we sat on the outside of Casey's on Main Street on the left. And it was OK but there were trees and many many people in the way. On Thurs the 5th we spent one hour in MK from 8-9 and took the ferry back to the TTC. On the way we realized Wishes was about to start. So we stayed on the boat and went up to the top deck and watched the fireworks from the top deck. It was beautiful and quiet. It was the second best seat, the first was found on May 7. That Friday was our last day and we finished EPCOT and decided to finish off with MK. We rode Peter Pan and tried to hit Winnie the Pooh last but we barely missed closing and found ourselves without rideage of Pooh. So we sat down in the deserted Fantasyland at Mrs. Pott's Cuboard and watched Wishes. And boy it was the best seat in the park. That is where I HIGHLY recommend. However the fireworks shot off the castle are somewhat loud. But if you don't mind it is great to sit down and enjoy the magic.:)

mellie882

I think you have to watch it from Main Street. The castle is a part of the show, so it has to be in your line of view. The fireworks look best behind the castle. I watched it from Frontierland once, and the fireworks were to the left side of the castle. It just looked funny. There is just a magic surrounding the castle, and I won't watch it from any other place than main street. I like to stand in the middle of the street, in the trolley tracks.

JackSkellington

Original Poster
Casey's Corner is one of the best places to view the show. As long as you have seats and no trees in the way it is great. But so is the Fantasyland side. They were all great personally. I do understand the fact the castle has magic surrounding it. But seeing the other side of the show is cool. The guys setting off the fireworks were awesome.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I watched it from the bridge going to TomorrowLand, but that view made everything a bit skewed. I still got a huge portion of the full effect, but when they're shooting off the white streams going straight up, it looked like they were going to hit us!

Pigtails

I think if you're only going to see it once, to watch from Main Street, or from next to the flagpole, but if you've already seen the castle effects, from Fantasyland is very cool. I did this the other night. It felt like there were fireworks everywhere, and the ones around the castle went right over us. If you stand in the right spot, you can still see Tink at the top of her flight.

MrPodar

The many views of Wishes

Pigtails said:
I think if you're only going to see it once, to watch from Main Street, or from next to the flagpole, but if you've already seen the castle effects, from Fantasyland is very cool. I did this the other night. It felt like there were fireworks everywhere, and the ones around the castle went right over us. If you stand in the right spot, you can still see Tink at the top of her flight.
Two places that I'm going to view it next time, from Main Street, and then from the top of the Contemporary Resort.

Here are two videos I shot of Wishes.

1. From the bridge leading to AdventureLand (near the Crystal Palace)

http://www.skippypodar.net/Movies/WDW-Movies/wishes-4-21-2004.wmv (12. MB, 7 minutes - middle)

2. From the old Swan Dock on the south eastern side of Cinderella's Castle:

http://www.skippypodar.net/Movies/WDW-Movies/wishes-beginning-swandock-5-8-2004.wmv (6.0 MB, 4 minutes - beginning)

http://www.skippypodar.net/Movies/WDW-Movies/wishes-ending-swandock-5-8-2004.wmv (6.0 MB, 3 minutes, 17 seconds - ending)

- Skip :)

dxwwf3

Well I've seen a Wishes about 5 times from all over the park. I must say taht my favorite place to see it is in front of the Main Street Railroad Station. Even sitting on the benches in the top level of the station is great. The best part about this area is that you've got a great view and you will be able to exit the park MUCH faster than those that crowd Main Street. IMO you can see the show just as good from back there as you can all the way at the top of Main Street.

Now I also have another hint. If you want the best place to see the fireworks themselves, you should go to the top of the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad exit. You know near the geysers. This is where you can see the fireworks the best, IMO. Now I certainly wouldn't advise see the show for the first time here because you cannot see the side fireworks or the projections on the castle. But if you want to see the main fireworks close up, this is a very nice, quiet, and uncrowded place to go.

Kwit35

There is just something magical about standing in the middle of Main Street, elbow to elbow with the crowd, sharing this special Disney moment. *tear* :)

JackSkellington

Original Poster
Kwit35 said:
There is just something magical about standing in the middle of Main Street, elbow to elbow with the crowd, sharing this special Disney moment. *tear* :)
kwit does have a very valid point. There is a specil magic about Main Street.

signerdreams

I don't care for wishes. I love all the fireworks but i feel that they talk too much. I would rather have a much shorter story at the begining and then play music.

WDWScottieBoy

I have seen Wishes from right in front of the castle, where I actually had debris falling on me I was that close. And then when I saw it last Saturday night I was just to the right of the Partner's statue close to the popcorn stand there. I loved that spot and got great video of it from there, too! I highly recommend this spot as the castle is on the left and the fireworks go right over it and just to the right of it.

Journey

MrPodar said:
Two places that I'm going to view it next time, from Main Street, and then from the top of the Contemporary Resort.

Here are two videos I shot of Wishes.

1. From the bridge leading to AdventureLand (near the Crystal Palace)

http://www.skippypodar.net/Movies/WDW-Movies/wishes-4-21-2004.wmv (12. MB, 7 minutes - middle)

2. From the old Swan Dock on the south eastern side of Cinderella's Castle:

http://www.skippypodar.net/Movies/WDW-Movies/wishes-beginning-swandock-5-8-2004.wmv (6.0 MB, 4 minutes - beginning)

http://www.skippypodar.net/Movies/WDW-Movies/wishes-ending-swandock-5-8-2004.wmv (6.0 MB, 3 minutes, 17 seconds - ending)

- Skip :)

Thank you for the video!!

rainfully

after spectromagic, i went to run over to main street to watch wishes. however, as we crossed in front of the crystal palace, there was NO one over there, so i decided to just stay there... the fireworks were just a tad to the left of the castle... but over all it was absolutely perfect there... good view of tink, no trees in the way, and also the reflection in the water really added to the atmosphere! i recommend this spot if you don't want to mess with the crowd on main street! (although main street has THE best view, hands down!)

bigfatdonna

Mainstreet U.S.A. definitely gets my vote! The symmetry of the fireworks from this perspective is the way Wishes was meant to be viewed. I agree, if it it your first time, you really should see it from the front of the castle.
Oh, and thanks so very much, Journey, for the video. Everytime that song starts up I feel as if I'm going to choke to death from the humongous lump in my throat. :cry: Won't somebody STOP me???!!!!

i saw it from the left benches around the partners statue...that was just awesome because ..well i cant explain but theres just something abt that statue next to you and the castle in front of you that just made it more..yanno.."disney"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom