Wishes or HalloWishes?

mickeysaver

Original Poster
I am looking to see if anyone knows what the actual display will be tonight. Being that last year they showed HalloWishes instead of Wishes on non-party nights after the 15th, I am dying to know if it's going to be Wishes or HalloWishes this year. My hope is that it's Wishes! Anyone know? TIA Maggie

ccmuffin2

Last Year I was there the last 2 weeks of Oct. They had a sign posted outside the MK entrance saying "the next presentation of Wishes will be on Wed Oct 17 " We along with others were upset to find that the real wishes was not being done again til Nov 1 ..I along with many others were misled to believe that they were making it a extra effort to go to the MK on those nights only to see the trimmed down Halowishes show. I asked why does'nt the sign state the correct date of Nov 1 as the next show of Wishes to stop misleading people ?.. I hope they don't do that to guests again !!!

wdwfan22

Last Year I was there the last 2 weeks of Oct. They had a sign posted outside the MK entrance saying "the next presentation of Wishes will be on Wed Oct 17 " We along with others were upset to find that the real wishes was not being done again til Nov 1 ..I along with many others were misled to believe that they were making it a extra effort to go to the MK on those nights only to see the trimmed down Halowishes show. I asked why does'nt the sign state the correct date of Nov 1 as the next show of Wishes to stop misleading people ?.. I hope they don't do that to guests again !!!

HalloWishes is not a trimmed down show.

devoy1701

I was there this past saturday and it was the regular Wishes show.

And what's this about Hallowishes being a trimmed down show? I haven't seen it yet but I'll be there this Sunday night to see it! I thought Hallowishes was supposed to be a GREAT show!?!?!? Like better than normal with it's 180* Perimeter fireworks!!!! Or being that it has perimeter fireworks have they shortened it from the 15 minute Wishes runtime?

rangerbob

HalloWishes in my opion is much better than Wishes. It deffinately isn't trimmed down from Wishes. I believe it has just as much if not more shells than the Wishes show. The only thing that they are trimming off if they show it during a non party night is the perimeter shots.

tiggerlover55

I was at MNSSHP last night and viewed HalloWishes for the 1st time. I was personally not impressed by the music selection, the fireworks on the other hand were AMAZING! I loved the 180 degree views. All in all the party was great, I got my $$ in candy for sure!

blackerbys17

HalloWishes is AWESOME! Trsut me, I LOVE Wishes, it is great, but HalloWishe is AMAZING!!! Then again, my favorite holiday is Halloween so I guess I am biased.

As for the music, first time I heard it (for the first HalloWishes in 2005) I was not impressed either. And yet, it has REALLY grown on me! I find myself humming that tune all the time now, "grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize..."

CAN'T WAIT for this year's party, I am going this Tuesday on Oct. 23 and I can not wait!!!

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

TTATraveler

HalloWishes is not trimmed down in the amount of fireworks. I don't care for the music and feel that the music does not tell the story of the fireworks. The Christmas version is much better. If you don't care about the music so much, then you won't be disappointed by the amount of fireworks in Hallowishes.

devoy1701

HalloWishes is AWESOME! Trsut me, I LOVE Wishes, it is great, but HalloWishe is AMAZING!!! Then again, my favorite holiday is Halloween so I guess I am biased.

As for the music, first time I heard it (for the first HalloWishes in 2005) I was not impressed either. And yet, it has REALLY grown on me! I find myself humming that tune all the time now, "grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize..."

CAN'T WAIT for this year's party, I am going this Tuesday on Oct. 23 and I can not wait!!!

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Grim Grinning Ghosts is one of my favorite songs! I don't think I"ll have a problem getting into the show!

Lhriangel

Hallowishes is terrific! We enjoyed it so much. I didn't feel like it was trimmed down at all.

As far as has been released to the cast it is going to be the regular Wishes on non event nights. I appologize if I am wrong but nothing has been told to give us reason to think otherwise :).

culturenthrills

I love Hallowishes. It is my favorite fireworks show. I love the music. I have a cd with it and listen to it all the time. I will admit I was disappointed with Holiday Wishes the first time I saw it, really didn't like the music at all but it has grown on me after multiple times. It was nice last year when they did show the perimeter less version of Hallowishes last year.

coasterphil

Plain old Wishes on non party nights, which kinda bummed me out as I'm not going to spend the money to go to MNSSHP but would still like to see Hallowishes in the park.

njblackberry

Just joining in to say Hallowishes is NOT trimmed down. At least it wasn't last Thursday night. The perimeter fireworks were outstanding. And I like the music, too!

jajt6106

I agree that Hallowishes is awesome! We really enjoyed it at the party and didn't feel that it was trimmed down at all. Even my husband (who most times could care less) commented on how it seemed to have more blasts than the regular show.

AEfx

I asked why does'nt the sign state the correct date of Nov 1 as the next show of Wishes to stop misleading people ?.. I hope they don't do that to guests again !!!

Because 99.999% of people aren't crazy Disney freaks like us who know the difference, and to most people "Wishes" is whatever fireworks show is shown that night, regardless of theme.

The amount of people who would whine about the SPECIAL version of Wishes (Hallo-wishes) being shown would be far, far less than the number of people who would storm city hall if the sign said, "Wishes will not be shown until November". It's a technicality that wouldn't mean a lot to most people.

It doesn't seem as if they will have this problem this year, though, if reports are accurate.

AEfx

mickeysaver

Original Poster
Wow, talk about your thread drift......

So, um, did I miss it? Did anyone actually see which display went off last night? Just curious. Maggie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom