Wishes on Thurs 11/13 fallout

tinkerbell2

Well, I am not planning a trip to WDW in the near future, but I will find a way to get there within the next 12 months. So while I am hearing about being hit by fireworks, I might as well ask what is the best place to stand to watch the fireworks? Or, where is the best view with the least chance of having to worry about anything coming down on you?

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Nick
Actually, They close off the castle and the ramps up to it, any walkways that lead up to FL around the castle, and they rope off Snow White and Philharmagic. You can stand anywhere behind the Carousel to the Phil gift shop and the Snow White "mini" gift shop.

Really? hm. Before when I saw it, they had the entire area closed off. But that was opening night so they prolly didnt want to take a chance.

Hm, I've got an idea for tonight dealing with Wishes, and FL...

Well, if I dont post anything after tonight, you all can fight over the jacket I suppose..

disneydata

Original Poster
Yep, during testing and the first show, all of FL was roped off and backstage access was limited. I had to wait 5 mins after the show to be able to get downstairs to go home!

mkepcotmgmak

i remember reading that fireworks were being tested shot off the roof of main street buildings, the castle, and the railroad tracks... any of this true?

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
The only time they used the tracks was during the holloween party for the 360 effect. They might use this at other times but...

And no, they dont shoot them, ever from main street. One, theyd have to shut off the street, two, BIG BIG safety hazard on like four different levels.

mledieff

Wishes

when beileve opened in DL there was a ot of fallour everywhere. We were asked by DFD and AFD to start using ropes to block off moat areas effected around the castle. You can see get hit with fallout on some nights. But after a couple years the pyro techs realy got good and learned how to shoot the show with the least amount of fallout hiting the ground. Honestly is will be a trial and error situation for at least the first season........

- I need to go back to WDW...... I have been once this summer and I don't go one day without wanting to go back!!!!

Mikey:wave:

AndyP

The chance of being hit by fallout is so small, that just watch the show and if you get it, then thats a little bit of the magic you can call your own!

sillyspook13

Three times I've been hit by fallout from fireworks at Disney. (Pleas note: I'm there almost daily....)

*during IllumiNations, when a perimeter shell misfired, no wind, right eye

*after IllumiNations, walking about 20 feet from the Italy island, moderate-high wind, right eye

*after Wishes, walking through Adventureland, no wind, right eye

Yet I stood at the hub on the first night of Wishes and saw/felt none of the reported fallout.:veryconfu

BwanaBob

Originally posted by sillyspook13
Three times I've been hit by fallout from fireworks at Disney. (Pleas note: I'm there almost daily....)

*during IllumiNations, when a perimeter shell misfired, no wind, right eye

*after IllumiNations, walking about 20 feet from the Italy island, moderate-high wind, right eye

*after Wishes, walking through Adventureland, no wind, right eye

Yet I stood at the hub on the first night of Wishes and saw/felt none of the reported fallout.:veryconfu

I would suggest you get rid of that right eye.

:lol:

xfkirsten

Haven't seen Wishes yet, but I do have a few sizeable souvenir chunks of fallout after a year straight of watching Illuminations. ;)

And Believe DOES get cancelled for wind. I was there this past Saturday night, and it was delayed for about 20-25 min because of wind concerns. They launch from right next to the big I-5 freeway, behind Toontown.

-Kirsten

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom