Wishes/Fantasmic

PhilosophyMagic

Original Poster
So we finally have a new Magic Kingdom fireworks show... thank god! (Not Michael Eisner) I haven't seen Wishes yet, (I hope it's as good as the hype), but supposedly there are new launching locations, which poses the question- where are the best places to watch for the best overall experiance, including the narration, etc. How long before showtime do you have to arrive to get a good place to stand, ESPECIALLY if you want to be on Main Street. By the way, how long before Fantasmic do you have to arrive to get a seat?!? Thanks, guys!

ToTBellHop

My favorite place to stand for Wishes is on Main Street, about ten feet past Casey's in the direction of the Castle--great viewing location. You have to show up at least 20 minutes early and beware--tall people will stand in front of you or put their kids on their shoulders which drives me CRAZY. I'm sorry your kids can't see, but in putting them on your shoulders, twenty people behind you can't see...REALLY inconsiderate. I generally try to position myself behind a group of shorter people lol. The show is so huge that even a kid in front of you won't block your view entirely, it's just obnoxious when you can't see the effects on the Castle b/c a parent decided to add another two feet onto their height. Ugh...

You need to show up for Fantasmic! (the first showing if there are two) at least an hour early. On nights w/ two showings, you can show up to the 2nd showing 30-45 minutes early and get a good seat.

Chape19714

My favorite spot for Wishes is either on main street or near cinderella's golden carocel. near the carocel you get a suround effect, with fireworks around the castle on the buildings around you and behing the entrance to Ariel's Grotto. FANTASMIC! is a great show and i would highly recommed seeing it. Wishes is a pure firework show, but keep in mind, FANTASMIC is a theatracal preformance. Although it uses firewoks to help tell the story, FANTASMIC is a PURE story, and could belong on a broadway stage (although, it would be hard to do) Arrive to fantasmic 1 hour early. If there is a second show, or the crowd is EXTREMELY low that day, you can get away with getting there 30 min. early.

Coastieboy00

I work on Main Street and my personal favorite is to watch it from the "hub" next to the Walt and Mickey "Partners" statue. Why there? Well, the fireworks are launched from around the castela nd at the "hub", you feel as if the show is going on around you. not just infront of you. Just my personal sugestion. Backstage behind Casey's isn't that bad either. No tall guests to get in your way ;)

brentley2

As said, I agree that the Hub is a great place to watch the fireworks. If you have a chance to view the fireworks twice, then try to see them from the boat dock outside of the MK...they play the music out there, and you get a different (although just as beautiful) perspective of the fireworks.
As said also, get to Fantasmic about a hour early...a little bit of advice here...the better seats are toward the back...it can be hard to see all of the action if you are down in front. Also, you can do what is known as the Fantasmic dinner package where you get a great deal on a dinner, and then you get priority seating at the show....you can call 407-WDW-DINE to get info and make reservations. We always do this...and it works out great and we can show up about 20 minutes before the show and get a good seat.

wolf29

Maybe i am in the minority, but I have never found a child on their parent's shoulders to be a problem with viewing the fireworks. They are so high in the sky, how can your view be blocked? We have watched the show from near Ariel's grotto and been disappointed by the location. The show is obviously designed to be enjoyed from Main Street. I agree that near Casey's is my favorite spot.

barnum42

The general melee that seems to happen when trying to get a good spot to see Wishes - along with the selfish parents who plonk their little darlings on their shoulders thus obstructing everyone's view behind tends to put me off seeing this show. Last time I went was with my mother in her wheelschair and there is no way of getting a good view for her as unlike the parades and Illuminations there is no wheelchair viewing location.

We made it the once and saw it from the town square end of mainstreet, we parked up behind one of the fenced off grass spots to reduce the chances of someone stading in the way of the wheelchair. Whilst this masked some of the show it was the best solution that did not involve staking a spot two hours in advance.

As for Fantasmic, I believe it depends on what time of year you go. On my off-peak solo trips I nip in with five to ten minutes to spare. With the wheelchair, if the limited allocated spots at the back are taken there is a large standing expanse that we have been able to see the show from instead.

kephart1

we went to the magic kingdom last thursday, got there at 7 and got a seat on the main street train station and waited for the parade and fireworks and it stormed and we did not get to see the show. all that waiting for nothing.

Coastieboy00

kephart1 said:
we went to the magic kingdom last thursday, got there at 7 and got a seat on the main street train station and waited for the parade and fireworks and it stormed and we did not get to see the show. all that waiting for nothing.

Sorry about the storm, that was a big one! You'll have to come back sometime an enjoy the park again.

yensidtlaw1969

I've never seen Wishes yet (I was in WDW on opening day of course [I didn't know about it! :hammer: ]) but I heard that the bridge to Tomorrowland is a good spot. No one in front of you if you are against the rails, an open sky, and Tinkerbell flies right above you.

Chape19714

Coastieboy00 said:
Sorry about the storm, that was a big one! You'll have to come back sometime an enjoy the park again.

I'll say that was a big storm! I live near Daytona Beach and there was hail the size of golf balls. Not much but still! Sorry to hear you could not see Wishes kephart1

TnkrBelPixiDust

I saw Wishes in November.. my friend and I stood right in front of the trees in front of the train station on Mainstreet. We had a great view and I have some spectacular pictures! :)

stitchlvr

I found that being too close to the castle/hub wasn't the best viewing spot, as the big fireworks that air directly behind the castle couldn't be seen. The castle blocked the view. I would recommend being further down main street away from the hub for a better view.

Fantasmic is awesome--don't dare miss it! We waited about an hour early on a night with only one viewing. We could have sat just about anywhere getting there that early, but were in the back row because my daughter was in a wheelchair at the time with a broken foot. We waited to have dinner until then, and to occupy our time, one of us saved our spots, and the other one got dinner. It took a few minutes to get through the line at the food place in the theater area, but it was something to do and we didn't spend any of our park time eating.

wannab@dis

We've seen Wishes twice now, once from Main Street and once behind the castle close to Cindy's Carosel. My suggestion is to see it from Main Street first so you get the full impact of the show. I really believe it was meant to be seen from that perspective. Of course, it's a great show from other locations, but the timing and choreography seem perfect from MS.

Here's a couple of pics from MS that I took in Dec. We were standing right across from Casey's Corner. It was a great location and we had a perfect view of the castle and fireworks. You'll love it!!! :)

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

Fantasmic! is also great. We've went with and without the dinner package. Both times we showed up about 30 - 40 minutes prior to the show and the theatre was pretty full. They only had one show and it was during off-peak times, so I would definately give myself more time if it's really crowded.

Enjoy!!

ToTBellHop

I love those fireworks in that third pic...right before they have that dramatic "MAKE A WISH! WISHES!"...sigh...I wanna go to Disney World lol

brkgnews

When we went back in April (spring break -- redonkulously crowded), we staked out a spot on the hub. If you imagine the hub as being a clock, with the castle at 12 o-clock and Main Street at 6 o-clock, we were at 2 o-clock. Since it was so crowded (and we were so tired!), we hopped over to Casey's just before 7PM and grabbed a hot dog and such and brought it with us to the hub and staked out a spot right on the curb. (Since we're all three quite-tall adults, we were nice enough to sit down for the whole thing so we wouldn't block the folks behind us). We caught Spectromagic at 9PM (and just happened to be positioned at the point where Ursula's light shined on us and made us part of the show. That also proved to be a great spot for the fireworks at 10PM, since our position put the main spires of the castle just to the left of all the big fireworks -- and since there were plenty of speakers around. We hung around for the second Spectromagic at 11, and then waddled through Tomorrowland (my favorite land at night) until the crowds died down. I may try a new location when I head back in September -- if so, I'll pass along.

LeahsDad

If all the usually places are taken...

Hey,

I wanted to add this little known alternative to the ususal choice spots. I got this from tourgiudemike.com and plan to use it on our trip in Sept. Here it is:

Check out the Rose Garden! Look on your guide map and you’ll see a winding path that branches off this walkway soon after it branches out from the Castle Hub. You’ll see a topiary of Mickey and Minnie at the branch entrance, a circle planter around a tall tree, and a sidewalk-width path leading down through a rose garden to a small building down by the water and then back up on the other side. Anywhere along this winding path -- on the Tomorrowland side of the small building -- is a BEAUTIFUL view of the fireworks and very few guests realize it’s there. However ... it’s sometimes roped off for special events by Disney, so cross your fingers and have a look. If it’s not available, that’s okay – enjoy the view from the ‘regular’ walkway.

Rose Garden Gazebo Tip: If you go inside the Rose Garden Gazebo that’s at the end of this walkway, know that the only guests who can see the fireworks are those who enter, turn left, and walk to the end of it – the narrow side of the rectangle floor plan facing the castle. Everyone else will have a blocked view. Most guests line up along the ‘pathway side’ and find out too late … ;>)

I hope this helps. :slurp:

Leah's Dad

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom