Wishes dessert party

CP_alum08

We have never done it before, lots of people have said its great...but is it really? Is it anything more than eating deserts and watching the parade and fireworks? That might be a stupid question!

We have never done it before, lots of people have said its great...but is it really? Is it anything more than eating deserts and watching the parade and fireworks? That might be a stupid question!

It's fun to try once. We did it on the 5th of this month. You need to be on line by 8:45, but don't worry about where you are in line. The tables are assigned. There is an initial cattle rush to the dessert buffet and, again, don't worry. The staff keeps bringing out fresh desserts for the entire party.

At the end of the evening, they let you know when they will be wheeling away the food so you can go up one more time (not that anyone can handle the amount that is offered). Sadly, what is not eaten from the buffet is thrown out. I realize there isn't anything else Disney can safely do with the desserts, but it seems so wasteful.

Most of the crowd leaves after the fireworks. Three tables, including ours, stayed and had a great view of the projection show on the castle.

All in all, it was pleasant but, not worth doing again for the money.

PS: You cannot really see the parade very well from the terrace.

<3caseyscorner

OMG!!!!!!!!! SO AFTER CHECKING LIKE 5 TIMES A DAY FOR THE OPENING OF OCTOBER......IT IS 345 EASTERN TIME AND...........ITS OPEN!!!! OCTOBER 3RD ME AND THE DESSERT PARTY MEET!!!!!!!!!!!YAH!!!!:sohappy::sohappy:

Myothersn002

The night im looking at, I can't get a table for 2, but can get a table for 3. I don't mind paying the extra. Will they say something if I show up with 2 or they dont care because I paid in advance?

I had a sick member of my party last year, and we had no issues getting our table with one less. You could always say the extra person is sick. :shrug:

The night im looking at, I can't get a table for 2, but can get a table for 3. I don't mind paying the extra. Will they say something if I show up with 2 or they dont care because I paid in advance?

<3caseyscorner

Wow yesterday (mon) was the day of the opening of the first week of oct and i looked today for the 3rd just to be curious if tables were still available and.......its already booked!!!:eek:

Jeffxz

Just say that 1 member of your party is under 2 years old. Since there is no charge for under 2 years old, you will still get a reservation and only pay for the 2 adults.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom