Wishes Dessert Party resumes at the Magic Kingdom in late March 2010

nngrendel

Which, by the way, doesn't necessarily mean that you can't cancel. I'm pretty sure that when I made ressies for the party last year, we could have canceled and gotten our money back for some period of time after booking.

Its not the canceling part that I am worried about. Its the being able to afford a party of 7 right now. :(
Need to save a few coins for this one.

tecowdw

I did the dessert party on July 4 last year (when the price was still low). I found it well worth it at the time considering the crowds on that holiday. It was a wonderful retreat from the crowds and very special. The view wasn't dead-on in front of the castle but it was still very good. At the new prices, I think I would only do the party on very high crowd level days such as on a holiday (as I've seen Wishes plenty of times).

I hope they have it again this July 4. Sadly, sounds like this round of availability is only through May.

Nothing beats the view of fireworks from the beach at the Polynesian though! That's my plans for July 3 again this year!

Fractal514

I'm sorry...maybe it's just me, or maybe it's something you gotta experience BUT I can't justify spending an hour and a half of my park time (and 22 bucks a person) to just sit and eat while watching Wishes (and not from the best spot).:shrug:
I feel like I could buy desserts on Main St. and watch from there with no extra fee. I just don't see the greatness in it. Perhaps its something one must see to believe.

It is just you. Nothing wrong with having different tastes, but if you are a foodie, this is definitely worth it.

Festivus

Tried to book today for late July and was told it's not available in the system yet, told to call back in a few days...

magic2me

Which, by the way, doesn't necessarily mean that you can't cancel. I'm pretty sure that when I made ressies for the party last year, we could have canceled and gotten our money back for some period of time after booking.

The party goes on rain or shine. You can cancel up to 24 hours to get a full refund.

DrummerAlly

I just called and tried to book for July 11th and was told that they are currently booking through the end of May, and that it is likely that they will add more dates - but not yet.

Todd L

Ill be there The 2nd week in July and Im really hoping to be able to experience this party......btw, I sat in this area December of 08 and saw Wishes from this very spot. Its a Good view and even then I had a seat and a table..............It was a really nice break from the crowds and Im sure itll be that much nicer with a Big piece of cheescake and a cup of coffee.........yum!!!!!!

nngrendel

They have availability for the date I wanted. Price tag of $153 for all of us. For Dessert!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:
Still debating........... :brick:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
They have availability for the date I wanted. Price tag of $153 for all of us. For Dessert!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:
Still debating........... :brick:
The thing to realize is that you are not just paying for dessert. You are also paying to be free form the aggravation of trying to watch Wishes in the crowd on Main St. At the dessert party you won't have to put up with that 6' tall guy with a kid on his shoulders that stands right in front of you 2 minutes before show time after you have been waiting in your perfect spot for an hour. If you are traveling with kids you will not have to endure their wining while waiting for the fire works.

"Whyyyyyyy do we have to wait here?.....Can weeeee go on Pirates again? ................I neeeeeeeeed to go to the bathroom!"

That alone is worth $150.

nngrendel

The thing to realize is that you are not just paying for dessert. You are also paying to be free form the aggravation of trying to watch Wishes in the crowd on Main St. At the dessert party you won't have to put up with that 6' tall guy with a kid on his shoulders that stands right in front of you 2 minutes before show time after you have been waiting in your perfect spot for an hour. If you are traveling with kids you will not have to endure their wining while waiting for the fire works.

"Whyyyyyyy do we have to wait here?.....Can weeeee go on Pirates again? ................I neeeeeeeeed to go to the bathroom!"

That alone is worth $150.

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:
Your sooooooooo right. From the schedule this is a night where the EMH are until 2am. I was hoping to get some rest that day and then show up for the parade and Wishes then hit the rides until 2am. Hopefully this will help with crowds.
Its also going to be a bear to keep up with 5 kids ages 16 to 8 after the show is over. Masses of people heading toward exits makes it hard to keep everyone together with crowds like that.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:
Your sooooooooo right. From the schedule this is a night where the EMH are until 2am. I was hoping to get some rest that day and then show up for the parade and Wishes then hit the rides until 2am. Hopefully this will help with crowds.
Its also going to be a bear to keep up with 5 kids ages 16 to 8 after the show is over. Masses of people heading toward exits makes it hard to keep everyone together with crowds like that.
I have 3 kids ranging from 8-18 and I can tell you from experience that stuff like this is well worth it when it comes to lowering the aggravation factor.

nngrendel

I have 3 kids ranging from 8-18 and I can tell you from experience that stuff like this is well worth it when it comes to lowering the aggravation factor.

So true. Master Yoda you should be a sales person for the Dessert Party. Im telling the ADR rep that you deserve a percentage of this sale when I make my reservations.
Think Im going to cancel one ADR to help pay for this one. We have 5 of them now. Always hate having to schedule my Disney vacation around ADR's.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So true. Master Yoda you should be a sales person for the Dessert Party. Im telling the ADR rep that you deserve a percentage of this sale when I make my reservations.
Think Im going to cancel one ADR to help pay for this one. We have 5 of them now. Always hate having to schedule my Disney vacation around ADR's.
I appreciate the compliment. As a travel agent with Kingdom Konsultants it actually is my job to sell such such things but they make it pretty easy. Selling stuff you love and use yourself is a pretty simple gig. I feel your pain on the ADR thing. I don't like it anymore than anyone else but it is a fact of Disney life now. Either you do it or eat quick service.

Edisto Pluto

It is just you. Nothing wrong with having different tastes, but if you are a foodie, this is definitely worth it.
We did it last year and we felt it was one of the best special events we have experienced. The food was great and plentiful. It was restful and and there were many good viewing spots. I set up the tripod and we got a lot of good shots. They keep the size manageble and the folks that we attended with were all polite and well mannered. I don't know that there are many "bargains" left at WDW but this one came close.

cda4114

I've searched for this and couldn't really find an answer-hopefully someone can help me.

Do they offer sugar free deserts other than fruit, one of our party can't have sugar and before I call to try and book I would like to know this. Thanks :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom