Wishes Dessert Party; Is it still being offered?

FLYbyNITE

Original Poster
It's time to start planning our next trip to Disney and I was wondering if the Wishes Dessert Party was still being done. It was our hardest reservation to make last year and I want to get an early start on this. While I wasn't blown away by it, it was still an enjoyable event. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
The guaranteed seating is worth the price alone. They are still offering but it is selling out fairly quick as opening become available. I will be attending on the 15th and made reservations about six weeks ago.

phllymouse

No it is not. You just have to keep checking every week or a couple of days. There is no real pattern to when they start to offer it, or even how often they have the dessert party.
I have been looking every couple of days for my dates in mid-January since I booked in August. It kept coming back that nothing is available. I knew they just have not scheduled, because in January which is a little bit smaller crowds the party would not sell out in August (not enough people know about it). So after waiting for months and checking every weekend and sometimes in between--- My dates became available!!!
That was last week. A month and a half before my trip. I think they make a decision on the dessert party based on crowds.
Oh, last thing. We did the dessert party last June. It was wonderful. After all the pushing through crowds. Standing, in lines. Pushing into buses. This was wonderrfully relaxing. I did not feel it was over booked, where we would be elbow to elbow. To watch the fireworks (though not the best angle) without claiming a spot and fighting for a view, this was well worth it. The desserts by the way were not to shabby. My wife said it was the best night of our trip. So be persistent, keep checking you will be glad you did. If your trip is in the busy crowd times they may put it up earlier.

ArtieJim

We're doing it Christmas night, can't wait. We would actually call once a week and we finally booked it on October 4, about ten weeks out. All I know is that I will definitely be eating both our money's worth of those desserts.

MSaboCLBR

I was able to get reservations for our group of 30 on December 30th. Just keep checking. I have always wanted to do this and the dates we were there around New Years were always blocked out online when I kept looking. One day it was open and I made it right away. I was about 6 weeks out that it became available.

Magical.Animal

I recently booked for 1/28 but it was not available for 1/29... I had been checking for weeks and it was not available and then one day, last week, it magically was :)

PhilharMagician

I am not sure why this is not bookable at the 180 mark, but it always seems to be extended. It is very popular and we enjoy it. On our last trip I noticed that they had added ice cream which was a nice touch and it wasn't some soft serve machine. It was good vanilla hard ice cream and it was pretty good. I must say that I felt really sorry for the guy that had the job of scooping the hard ice cream out of the tub. He struggled for every single scoop he scooped. Even with the reserved area you need to get up by the railing about 20 minutes prior for the best spots.

Keep checking daily online to see if it opens up, because it can sell out quily once it does. Hopefully in the near future this will be bookable at the 180 day mark.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am not sure why this is not bookable at the 180 mark, but it always seems to be extended. It is very popular and we enjoy it. On our last trip I noticed that they had added ice cream which was a nice touch and it wasn't some soft serve machine. It was good vanilla hard ice cream and it was pretty good. I must say that I felt really sorry for the guy that had the job of scooping the hard ice cream out of the tub. He struggled for every single scoop he scooped. Even with the reserved area you need to get up by the railing about 20 minutes prior for the best spots.

Keep checking daily online to see if it opens up, because it can sell out quily once it does. Hopefully in the near future this will be bookable at the 180 day mark.
It is a mystery to me as well. It is frustrating enough trying to book your own reservation but it becomes almost maddening when you have clients that want it.

PhilharMagician

It is a mystery to me as well. It is frustrating enough trying to book your own reservation but it becomes almost maddening when you have clients that want it.

Yeah I can imagine it is. I checked nearly every day for about 3 months prior to our last trip and was beginning to think that it was not going to be exteneded. It must almost be part of a daily proceedure to check to see if you can make a reservation. :hammer:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Is it a computer that releases it for sale, or is there literally some person in a Tampa cubicle that decides, "Let's sell some dessert party tickets today!"? :shrug:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Is it a computer that releases it for sale, or is there literally some person in a Tampa cubicle that decides, "Let's sell some dessert party tickets today!"? :shrug:
No idea but it would not surprise me if it was the second one. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that special events department holds the reigns to this particular horse. If the desert party is not booked up by them by a particular date it gets released to the general public. I would think the special events has a wealth of data relating to "if not booked by X it won't book" for each day of the year, hence the erratic release dates.

FLYbyNITE

Original Poster
Thanks to all for the info. My guess is that, it will still be offered in August when I return, and the hassle of getting a reservation will be also be the same. Thanks again!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom