Wishes CD error? Debut date for Wishes.

tonypitt

Original Poster
I just purchased the CD Wishes: A Magical Gathering of Disney Dreams. It is the soundtrack of Wishes from Buena Vista Records.

Inside the dust cover, the text begins:
"Wishes" opened on October 9, 2005 and has been thrilling guests nightly ever since.​

But I know that I saw Wishes long before October 2005. WDWMagic indicates that the show premiered October 8, 2003.

So, what's the deal with the CD? Typo? Or was Wishes "retooled" in 2005?

Since Wishes is far and away my favorite part of Disney, I'd love any info anyone can provide.

boo52

Wishes premiered to the press on October 8th, 2003. It premiered to guests on October 9th, 2003. We have always considered the 9th our opening night.

tonypitt

Original Poster
e4ymod said:
Yep.... lookin right at it. It's definitely a 3.

Wow, hopefully Disney never uses that typeface to communicate something important.

After staring at my paper up close for a few minutes, I'm prepared to believe it could either be a 3 or 5, and since the 3 is correct, I guess that is what it says.

On mine you clearly see the top horizontal like and then the reverse 'c' style bottom. The line that would clearly distinguish it as a 3 or a 5 is so tiny it doesn't even seem to be there.

So, mystery solved. Thanks for the info.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom