Wishes Boat Cruise

X12345

I was surprised today to actually be able to book a boat cruise for wishes Jan 3rd at 1030AM. I tried the other day for an illumniations on dec 30, and it sold out at 7am (granted that was during the busy holiday season). Can anyone give me a thumbs up or down on the cruise? We are seeing the show from Main street for the first time on dec 29th, and since I want to hit the park another day after the holiday I thought a boat cruise would be a nice touch and a different view. Am I better off saving my money and watching it from Main st. again? Thoughts?

brich

I'll give it 2 thumbs up, provided the weather is warm. We celebrated my son's 3rd birthday with a Wishes cruise last December. We had a cake on board, a happy birthday banner accross the back of the boat, we toured the lake, cruised along side the Water Pageant and parked amongst other boats facing the MK for the fireworks. The music was played on board via a radio and all was just great. Only drawback was that it was really chilly out there. As vacationers to Florida from New England, yes, it was cold. Jackets and blankets and happy times warmed it all up, not to mention the awe in my son's eyes. He still thinks the fireworks were for his birthday. I'll never deny him that... :D
Have a blast!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

The Wishes cruise definately gets a 2 thumbs up. Our boat captain gave us a complete tour of Bay Lake and Seven Sea's Lagoon along with lots of trivia about the resorts on the lakes and Discovery Island. It was wonderful. We left from the Grand Floridian and went back into the Poly after the fireworks were over. I would do this again. Maybe next year during the MVMCP or MNSSHP for the 360 degree and holiday fireworks celebrations.
I did mention to our boat captain that I was trying to get the Illuminations cruise and he said it is not worth it. Since the Illuminations show is spread out all over the lagoon the boats stay tied up by the international gateway bridge and that is it. The Illuminations cruise costs more and is also much harder to get. I think I would prefer to get a yard of Guinness in the UK and hang out.

You will enjoy the cruise.:wave:

Upvote 0

X12345

Original Poster
Thanks! the entire trip is an x-mas present for my wife and kids. She has been harassing me for 3 years to go. I am not telling her until christmas morning. I can't wait for her to ask when we are going as she unwraps the luggage tags I am going to put in a shirt box.

"Does Thursday work for you?" will be my answer
Her Jaw dropping to China is going to be priceless.

I honestly think I am getting more excited than her if she knew!

~John

Upvote 0

brich

What a great present. I have no idea how anybody can keep a WDW trip a secret. :eek: Try not to tell them about the cruise. Just bring them to the marina. It'll be a great surprise... Good Luck with your little secret!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Tigger1988

We were suppost to do one on our past trip, we got on the boat, got half way to where we needed to go...then boom...lightning, they took us back. We didn't get to see the fireworks at all :cry:

Have fun

Upvote 0

Disney5Mom

a great idea!

We went on the Wishes Boat Cruise 2 years ago and we loved it.A really nice private family time in the midst of a frantic,but fun Disney vacation. And a great view of the Fireworks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom