Wish us luck

bUU

Original Poster
This is the week (we hope). Through some creative accounting (okay, yes, we are lying to ourselves a little, but just a little) we determined that we can retire now with a 99.9% chance of our money outlasting us (though just barely). We've decided that we don't want to live out our years in a two storey townhouse nor in Atlanta. We have no family here and nothing really holding us here except jobs. So our plan is to move to Kissimmee, into a one storey sfh in an hoa with a clubhouse and activities. The hope is that the budget still works when we finally sit down and talk real money instead of just the estimates and quotes we have been working with. If it does, it'll be about a 5 mile drive from our home to the Animal Kingdom Park tollbooths.

<fingers crossed>

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
This is the week (we hope). Through some creative accounting (okay, yes, we are lying to ourselves a little, but just a little) we determined that we can retire now with a 99.9% chance of our money outlasting us (though just barely). We've decided that we don't want to live out our years in a two storey townhouse nor in Atlanta. We have no family here and nothing really holding us here except jobs. So our plan is to move to Kissimmee, into a one storey sfh in an hoa with a clubhouse and activities. The hope is that the budget still works when we finally sit down and talk real money instead of just the estimates and quotes we have been working with. If it does, it'll be about a 5 mile drive from our home to the Animal Kingdom Park tollbooths.

<fingers crossed>
Make sure you research the peripheral expenses... car and home insurance, groceries, water and electricity bills, even garbage collection.

macefamily

You're living my dream ! It has been our (wife and me) plan for 20 years. We have another 10-12 years to go. I wish you guys health, happiness, and love. Same plan, and probably going to grab a part time gig for extra cash (hopefully at Disney).

bUU

Original Poster
Update: We had a whirlwind trip over the weekend: 8 hour of driving on Sunday, then an overnight at an Airbnb, then an hour-long walkthrough of our new home under construction, followed by an 8 hour drive home. At this point, it looks like we begin our 10,000 day off-site visit to WDW in mid- or late-October.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom