winning at st. jude cmm ( Nashville race report)

imagination30

Original Poster
so whos in for another , st jude race report? ... yes i thought you woukld say that lace up your shoes as we hit the streets of Nashville and help the kids of st . jude!..AS we become heros! ...

Friday April . 25-

this year we got to leave early bc all of my family was off from work.. , so we left about 10ish and we arrived in Nashvagus around 12ish. and we get to the hotel ... and we didnt know we could check in because checkin wasnt unitl 3. , Dad had checked in on line .. so bingo .. the room was ready.. so we went up to the room put our bags down , got all of are papers we needed .. and headed to the expo.. , , i always love the country music marathon expo , prob. one of my favs behind disney. . but we got to the expo.. had to do st. jude hero check in and pick up my pasta party tickets and vip wrist band . , and mom and dads pasta party ticket. so while in line for that i was talking to the st. jude lady about being a first time hero but this was my 3rd year.. and she started telling me about memphis ... which iam looking at doing in decemeber. , and they highly recommend it. so after that we were done with the st. jude process , so we moved on to the packet pickup . so I got my bib and race shirt.. and now it was time to have some fun.. , but i was on a mission... two things.. i had on my mind .. -- Run DIsney, so I was on a search for the booth.. , and i found it ... and as i was waiting to talk to the lady at the booth , the woman in front of me as her something.. , and she said we are taking pre- registers for our Marathon weekend in jan.. and i started smiling .. and she smiled at me and said some one is excited about that.. and i said yes mam!!!... so she went and got the form and told me to go to the table .. and she brought it over to me .. and i filled it out. and she said fill this out and ill be back to help you finish it .. so i did .. and after that she goes well see you in jan.!! .. and you will be geting a confirmation soon. ! so boom!

after that we made our way out of the expo , to find food , bc we were staverd. , we wound up eating at pucketts , again.. , something light bc we had a dinner to go to at 6. so we went back to the room , got ready... about 5ish we headed back to where the expo was . bc that was where the Pasta dinner was for the heros.. we had to take 3 exclators to the 4th floor.. to the grand ballroom c. there were people already lined up ... but we made our way in to the ovation / spirit line of st. jude kids and parents and workers.. it was so awesome and special. , but as we made our way in they usherd us around the room to the buffett of Pata, chicken , vegs, salad and bread. the meal was awesome ... not to mention the entertainment to follow!, so the president of st. jude spoke.. then we had artist in the round. - Jenn schott, who wrote for tim mcgraw , david , i dont remember his last name ,, but he wrote for kenny chesney, and richie mcdonald from lone star!but it was a awesome night friday In prep. for awesome race. on sat. but i want to leave you with a song that jenn shared on friday night its the title of report! ..

Next installment , : a race miricle , and other fun!

imagination30

Original Poster
Sat- april 25, -
it was race day.. the forcast called for rain... to move in at 4am - till 5am , so woke up got ready watched the local news wrkn news channel 5, bc they had race coverage al day.. ( this is a big deal for them up there). so we where watching and praying.. , so we left the room , and head the start.. its nice bc nashville you can just walk to everything , if your staying down town. , but we got the start ... and and it wasnt raining ... like they said it was going to this was a miricle .. some how it missed nashville and went toward home.. but we lined up for our st. jude hero pics. and that ws cool , then it was start time .. , and yes this year.. the corrals where packed , it was like sardens and people trying to jump corrals .. ( this is where they need to enforce the disney rule) , but the gun sounded and we were off. I started off good , keeping up with the 1:45 pacer , until it happened ..... yes it .. and by that i mean we were all in a bunch , and i tried to make a pass to stay behind the pacer.. going though parking garage tunnel at the music city center ... and as i made the pass some steped on the back of my shoe and i ran right out of it.. ughhhh.. -- I was so mad. at my self .. bc i had in mind for a pr.. and i was loosing time , bc i had to go back and get my shoe and put in on and try to catch up...but I knew i wouldmnt make it .. so i just thought to my self to suck it up and have fun ... i was dissapointed , but thats what i did .. I had a blast.. , I hit 5k at 27:22 , so i was like wow . i can still make under two even with the hiccup... , but I was hitting every hydration stop , bc it was so humid .,.bc it didnt rain .. and on mile 6ish ... we all said what is that orange thing ... thats when it started to get get hotter.. by then i was half way home ... but still un barable.. by then we had hit mile 10, and i was like cool i can still make it as we passed the clock.. it was 1:34 , i ws like i can do this ... , but like i said in my early post the last 3 miles where the ones that did me in.. but as we came around the last mile and half .,.. we come up by munsipal aud. and go down by double tree and hit the bridge to the finish .. I did mange to muster up enough to almost sprin to to the finish but it was little biut to late .. , I came in at 2:05:04 , Just short of my pr.. I was so teed at my self .. bc i felt confident i would do it this year! ... but i came up empty.. , but after race i got to chill out , in the st. jude vip lounge that was super cool and they gave us a charity medal .... ( unexpected) but we had chilis ... it was so so good .. I got to meet coach kevin from st. jude ... while i was there.. we chatted for a few mins .. then i grabbed a gatorade and headed back to the hotel .. bc we had the post race concert that night.. , so I took a shower we went and got a late lunch.. and then we had the post race concert.. , all in alll super fun weekend , iam looking at doing st. jude memphis in dec. .

A plus: I guess the cooler weather or it could be that i have logged so many miles this year so far.. but my legs or quads where not trashed! .. like they normally are.. i was little sore but not as bad!... so yeah!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom