Winnie the Pooh: Great attraction or classic attraction killer?

Winnie the Pooh: Great attraction or classic attraction killer?

• Classic attraction killer

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Fine attraction

Votes: 44 65.7%
  • neither

Votes: 14 20.9%

• Total voters

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Winnie the Pooh has replaced two classic attractions. At Disneyland Pooh is in the place of the old Country Bear Jamboree and at WDW it took over from Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

How do you view it? Is it superior to what it replaced or do you miss the lost attractions?

star77kc

I really like WTP. I liked Mr. Toads just fine, but Winnie is more geared towards its target audience. As far as Disneylands Country Bear exchange, I wish they would have found room somewhere else for it. I like Country Bears, I just wish they could update it a little. It's in a good spot there, especially with the hungry bear restaurant right there.

stevehousse

I do miss the toad ride in WDW, and wish they could have found room somewhere else for it. Even after viewing all the WTP rides on YouTube, wdw I think is the weakest!

JIMINYCR

It took me a long time before I ever rode it, not looking at it as a ride that would interest me. When I did ride through, I expected more, seeing as how the WTP movies were being pushed out and the characters are in prominent spots in the park. Toads ride, again not too imaginative in design. But they arent geared to be too thrilling now arent they? I guess I'm looking at it as a neither from my perspective.

DimpledDevil18

I just remember being absolutely terrified for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride as a child. I think it had something to do with the fact of him turning into a devil in the end and sent to hell... Yea, I think that pretty much scarred me for life.

That being said I prefer Winnie the Pooh.

acishere

I think Pooh is a great attraction, but Mr. Toad is a sentimental favorite of mine. I did not miss CBJ during my Disneyland trip one bit. WDW killed the wrong attraction. There I said it!

Animaniac93-98

ya get what I'm saying?

Sure do, you said pretty much everything I could have, though I'm not as big a fan of the ride as you are.

It's really hard for me to look at the ride and not think about "what if?". What if Hunny Hunt had been built instead, or Toad remained while Pooh [or the Bears at DLR] went elsewhere? At least the queue and exterior have been improved.

But the loss of Toad was/is great for the simple reason that nothing like it will ever be built again. Same for the original WDW Snow White, 20K and others.

merry68

Kids today have no clue where Mr Toad comes from, but most folks have heard of WTP.... that's the justification that was given a few years back when we had a VIP tour guide.. Pooh sells merchandise and is more relatable than Mr Toad.

I am kinda indifferent to it, but then my youngest is a total Pooh Fantatic so I guess I am partial and prove the Suits decision in the 90s to kill Mr Toad as my daughter has saved her money and bought a lot of Pooh merchandise over the past few years.. but yes, they could've built the ride some place else and let Mr Toad alone for awhile.

And we always glance over to the left portrait showing Mr Toad handing the deed over while riding WTP. My daughter does like Mr Toad for allowing Pooh to move in, so that is a 11yr old perspective.

Animaniac93-98

Kids today have no clue where Mr Toad comes from, but most folks have heard of WTP.... that's the justification that was given a few years back when we had a VIP tour guide.. Pooh sells merchandise and is more relatable than Mr Toad.

Toad and friends are better known in the UK than the US, as the book is more encouraged to be read there.

It's Disney's great self-fulfiling prophecy. The public doesn't care because the studio doesn't care and it's one continuous cycle almost never broken (with the possible exception of The Aristocats).

merry68

Toad and friends are better known in the UK than the US, as the book is more encouraged to be read there.

It's Disney's great self-fulfiling prophecy. The public doesn't care because the studio doesn't care and it's one continuous cycle almost never broken (with the possible exception of The Aristocats).

Very true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom