Wine and Dine- who's in?

Erin_Akey

Original Poster
Thanks! We think so too! I've long said it's why I run....to see my girls grow old and to set a good example. Now my 5 year old wants to run in the kid events at next year's marathon weekend.

We have been running as a family too. My 14 year old runs cross country and now the 11 year old is loving it too. They are both going to do the Halloween 5k for the Wine and Dine......

Katherine

I'm in! I'm finishing up school and *fingers crossed* will be down in Orlando for the Disney College Program for the Fall 2011 Program and I want to do the running events! After running the marathon I'm hooked to distance running... I think I might have a problem... haha.

Phonedave

OK

So this gets even better.

Seems my Sister-in-law now has the Disney bug (She went last year with my brother and my niece and nephew and stayed with me and some friends in my DVC unit)

She informed me that they are 95% certain they are going to be going Sep 24 - Oct1

I have to look at dates and vacation time, but I think I will overlap that and go down for the race.

-dave

Erin_Akey

Original Poster
COOL!!! So the group is growing!!! This is going to be a blast! I think we all need WDW Magic shirts to wear too! LOL

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Those changes will fix SO many problems. I can't wait!
Yes, it looks like great news for the second year. The one I like that I saw posted on FB was a start time of 9pm instead of 10. I think I like that too. However, That probably means closing Epcot and DHS an hour early to prepare for the event so I cant see them doing that.... that means losing money.

Phonedave

It looks like my brother and his family is NOT going (their friends fell through, so now they are not going)

However, it can make things easier for me. Now I don't have to feel bad if I only book 3 or 4 days and just go for the race. Vacation days for me are getting sparse.

The new changes they made may be the clincher.

Any news yet on what are offical race resorts (I really don't want to play the transportation shuffle again)

-dave

Phonedave

Yes, it looks like great news for the second year. The one I like that I saw posted on FB was a start time of 9pm instead of 10. I think I like that too. However, That probably means closing Epcot and DHS an hour early to prepare for the event so I cant see them doing that.... that means losing money.

The new finish is in the parking lot.

They can work it like a MK hard ticket event. Racers finish in the parking lot, and then if you have a wristband, you get into EPCOT, if not your don't.

Then once in EPCOT wristbanders can ride the arrtactions.

Not sure how they would handle the food though. I:RoE ends at around 9:20. People could hang around until 10, and then hit the food stands again. That part may take some doing. Maybe they push everyone out of WS as fast as they can.

-dave

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Registration is open, and I'm all signed up! I have that great feeling again that I know I'll race at Disney :)

MCC1

Be forwarned, fees a little steep & tiered this time

# $145 by March 27, 2011
# $155 between March 28 and May 8, 2011
# $165 on or after May 9, 2011
:brick:

AUPr8Hd

I was ready to pull the trigger and register on Monday....then the fees were released :dazzle: What an insane pricing tier!

I've fired off a letter to RunDisney to express my displeasure in the structure. I know it won't change anything.

Hope they're able to "sell out" this year.

JillC LI

Thinking about it. But I did a night 5K and didn't do so well. My body was saying, "It's bed time dummy!" :D

The night time race I ran at Disney was for the fun of it, not to do well. Adrenaline kept me going just fine during the race, but boy did I crash hard afterwards.

Main Street USA

Be forwarned, fees a little steep & tiered this time

# $145 by March 27, 2011
# $155 between March 28 and May 8, 2011
# $165 on or after May 9, 2011
:brick:
I know it seems high, but we asked for more rides and kiosks to be open, and they agreed, now we have to pay for all of the electricity, the employees, and whatever else it takes to run these things until 3 in the morning.

I pay $40 or $50 for local half marathon, or even as little as $30, but do I get to enjoy all that Epcot has to offer afterward, or get on course entertainment, or get to run past and through my favorite places on earth? Unfortunately, not.

At my local one I got cookies and a banana.

Don't get me wrong, $145 is a LOT to pay for a half, but it won't keep me away. If they got much higher, then I'd certainly protest. I guess I'm the guy they're after with these prices. $145 makes me say "wow," but I'll still pay.

Erin_Akey

Original Poster
What were the prices last year? I am so excited! I need to get us registered and get our DVC resort booked! Still a bit nervous about the night run though.....but plenty of time to train for that aspect of it all.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I do a majority of my training at night anyway, as I work 2nd shift and will run a lot after work, so no adjustment here.

My wife is thinking about joining us. She wants to see how the Everest Challenge goes first, and she'll make a decision then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom