Wine and Dine after party

CP_alum08

Original Poster
Finally registered for the Wine and Dine half today! But I had a question about the after party - my GF will be with me on the trip but not running and she has an AP, will she need a ticket to get into the after party too or is her AP a 'ticket'? Thanks!

Ariel484

Looks like she needs to purchase a ticket:

http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/event...-half-marathon/index?page=spectator-resources
As a spectator, you play a big role in supporting your runner, cheering them on and motivating them every day to accomplish their goals. Help your runner top off their 13.1-mile main course at the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon by joining their celebration at the Finish Line Party, held at Epcot®. The party features Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival food and beverage locations, access to select attractions along World Showcase and inside Future World, along with live entertainment and character meet & greets all night long!

Purchase your Finish Line Party Tickets Today!

wiigirl

75.gif

Shoot....beat me to it. :p

CP_alum08

Original Poster
Thanks, I figured.

Another question; Since the race doesn't start until 10pm is there any place for spectators to watch the runners if they do not buy this after party ticket?

dreamfinder

Thanks, I figured.

Another question; Since the race doesn't start until 10pm is there any place for spectators to watch the runners if they do not buy this after party ticket?

Based on the course map they should in theory be able to watch/cheer at the finish area since it appears to be in the same spot in the Epcot parking lot as the other half/fulls. Or, they should be able to watch/cheer over at the Yacht/Beach club walkway around mile 11 1/2-12 before the runners enter Epcot.

Watching from near the finish line may be the easiest as they should then be able to hop on the shuttle buses. Watching from the Yacht/Beach club would require a cab, or transfering buses at DTD (unless you are staying at an Epcot resort).

Witchy Chick

Based on the course map they should in theory be able to watch/cheer at the finish area since it appears to be in the same spot in the Epcot parking lot as the other half/fulls. Or, they should be able to watch/cheer over at the Yacht/Beach club walkway around mile 11 1/2-12 before the runners enter Epcot.

Watching from near the finish line may be the easiest as they should then be able to hop on the shuttle buses. Watching from the Yacht/Beach club would require a cab, or transfering buses at DTD (unless you are staying at an Epcot resort).

If the course is the same as the W&D 2011 course, you can see the runners along the path from Yacht/Beach Club to the International Gateway at EPCOT. This was a great spot to hang out -- not very crowded at all.

DH and I went to W&D weekend this past fall. While he was running the half, I was eating/drinking around the World. :D I got to France, and saw some (early) runners running past the International Gateway. I slurped down most of my drink, then exited the park to cheer DH on. After he passed me, I re-entered the park and made my way over to Imagination (where I was to meet him post-race).

Some advice for the OP -- the food/drink kiosks closed from approximately 9pm to 10 or 10:30pm. (I suppose this was to "encourage" regular park-goers to leave the park.) But, since I was staying for the after-party, I was out of luck for food/drink (and rides -- Three Caballeros in Mexico and Maelstrom in Norway also "shut down"; presumably other rides in Future World also closed during this 9-10:30 timeframe) until the after-party started. Knowing this in hindsight, I would have stayed at the resort (Beach Club) for a nap before partying in EPCOT 'til 3am. :D

Witchy

Witchy Chick

Sorry -- I missed the post where OP and GF might not participate in the after-party. So disregard (maybe?) the previous info about rides and food/drink kiosks closing from 9-10:30. I will say this -- I had a lot of fun with about 4 hours (pre-race + race time) to myself to explore the park and do things DH was not interested in (i.e. Turtle Talk which I LOOOOOOVE). :)

Witchy

CP_alum08

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! We decided to get her the after-party ticket anyway, this will be my first 'official' half marathon and she wanted to make sure she was there to cheer me on...how thoughtful :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom