Windows theme contest ?

WDWspider

Original Poster
I think an Icons contest would be aweome, then we can add them to our Wallpapers already out there? Obviously, you would make the My Computer and Recycle Bin, but plenty of extras for other shortcuts and options on our desktops.

Maybe even better would be a contest for complete Windows theme entries, they could include sound clips for start up, shut down, etc... possibly a simple screen saver, a wallpaper, and icons? Obviously, you would have to download this from the person, but the contest entry could show the Wallpaper and icons with a link for the package or something.

We should give this some serious thought, but make it a challenge to keep the entries down since a lot more will be involved and lots of entries would clog it up, maybe only allow so many to sign up per theme contest? Like 6 competitors per new contest with the first six asking to try. Give this some thought, I think it's a worthy idea that needs a little more organization.

Main Street USA

Sadly, this idea isn't entirely new. The icons idea is a real possibility, and has been in the works for about 3 - 4 weeks.

As far as the rest of the sounds and Windows desktop contests, they probably won't happen, only because there is too much involved. Right now the only requirement for a wallpaper contest is size, and even then, we have entries that are too big or too small. I can imagine it would be quite a mess with so many requirements and quidelines.

www.disneyworld.com has a set of desktop icons that you can download. Not sure if it's a new thing or not since they just revamped the entire site, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

I've personally made a couple of Icons for my own desktop by downloading a free program, and then just making a little picture in Photoshop. I've got a tiny pic of Cinderella Castle for the "My Computer" icon. It's really pretty cool.

Also, a quick heads up on where the next weeks of the contests are going for those of you who are wondering:

Next Contest: Attraction Poster

Also, after the next wallpaper contest is complete, there will be a poll set up that involves the first place winner from each of the past wall contests. This poll will decide which wallpaper is everyone's favorite overall from all of the contests combined!

:)

WDWspider

Original Poster
Great news on the icons!

About my theme package idea, this would be like a long term thing for serious people to organize... maybe as teams. It would have like a two month due date or something. I mean really, the members will be the winners. I use to download lots of Windows Plus themes. Many were Disney. Perhaps, rather than have it a contest, just have a Project: Such and Such, and everyone can submit their creations by whatever date (teams or individuals) and then people will have a chance to download them to their computers. I dunno... I just get ideas and want to pass them on... if it's too hard I can easily understand why. :)

SirNim

Originally posted by Main Street USA
I've personally made a couple of Icons for my own desktop by downloading a free program, and then just making a little picture in Photoshop. I've got a tiny pic of Cinderella Castle for the "My Computer" icon. It's really pretty cool.
Zac, what program is this? :D I'd like to make custom icons myself! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom