Windows on Main Street

careship

Original Poster
About halfway down Main Street, there is a corner building bearing Frank Well's name on the top window. This is the highest point of any name within the Magic Kingdom. It was put there shortly after his death as a tribute, for he once told Eisner his goal was to climb the highest mountain (He was an avid mountain climber)

careship

Original Poster
While walking down Main Street, the Realty company building (M.T. Lott Realty). This name was one of Walt's fake names under which he purchased land in the Orlando area. If you read it fast it reads "Empty Lot". A reporter from Miami investigated the company and found out that the owner of M.T. Lott Realty was Mrs. Minnie Mouse. He did this so that when he bought the property the owners wouldn't jack up the prices on him knowing who he was. Walt bought his first acre of land for $80 and his last for $80,000.

careship

Original Poster
Just a funny little interesting note. ( Maybe only interesting to us.) The name Bob Phelps is on one of the windows. That is my dads name. We were talking about it one day while taking pictures of the window and a CM was gabbing with us and asked what we found so interesting about that window in particular and we told her. She was like yeah right. (As Phelps is not a common name.) We showed her his drivers license and she just thought that was the coolest thing. She told a couple other CM's while we stood there and they were all playing with my dad asking him for his autograph. That was in 1979, we were there for my 10th birthday. I thought my dad was king of Disney that trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom