Windows 8 GAAAAAAAAAHH!!!

Bob Saget

Original Poster
We all hate what we don't understand.:cool:

What issue are you having?
It's not so much that it's hard to figure out...I get about 80% of what I'm doing so far. It's just ANNOYING! I use the built-in mouse attached to the laptop. If I barely tap it or move my finger...it keeps flipping screens to some blank/white page.
Edit: Did it twice just trying to respond to you. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It's not so much that it's hard to figure out...I get about 80% of what I'm doing so far. It's just ANNOYING! I use the built-in mouse attached to the laptop. If I barely tap it or move my finger...it keeps flipping screens to some blank/white page.
Edit: Did it twice just trying to respond to you. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:
That is odd. I have not run into it before. Have you gone into the settings of your track pad? It almost sounds like a "feature" that has no business existing is turned on.

Bob Saget

Original Poster
It'll get better with practice. I was so used to Windows 7. But oh well. Just had to get that initial "What the heck am I doing?" tantrum outta my system.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It'll get better with practice. I was so used to Windows 7. But oh well. Just had to get that initial "What the heck am I doing?" tantrum outta my system.
It happens to the best of us. If you want to turn your Windows 8 machine into a look and act like Windows 7 one, there are a few apps that will do this. You can find them along with a few Windows 8 tips in this article.

http://gizmodo.com/5955139/windows-8-survival-guide-all-the-tips-tricks-and-workarounds

Bob Saget

Original Poster
We've gotten enough rain down here in the past 24-hrs, I'm contemplating the idea of building a giant boat & gathering up 2 of every animal.

KeithVH

h9C7DACCA

acishere

Went to reply to this and I somehow wound up on that start button tile thing. I always say I'm going to adjust the sensitivity, but its been 2 months and I still haven't looked for it.

Though what really annoys me is that Windows 8 just constantly updates. Everytime I turn the thing on its configuring something. Would have the quickest start up ever if it wasn't for that.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Went to reply to this and I somehow wound up on that start button tile thing. I always say I'm going to adjust the sensitivity, but its been 2 months and I still haven't looked for it.

Though what really annoys me is that Windows 8 just constantly updates. Everytime I turn the thing on its configuring something. Would have the quickest start up ever if it wasn't for that.
That is kind of the nature of a brand new OS. Give it a couple more months and the bug fixes will subside. You can also turn off auto update and just do it manually.

Bob Saget

Original Poster
I always say I'm going to adjust the sensitivity,
And I thought @Nemo14 was just making up that sensitivity setting thing just to be funny (like in another thread when she said to look on page 48 of the manual). Goes to show how much (or lack thereof) I know about computers. :oops:

I'm getting a bit better with Windows 8 the more I practice with it. The screen doesn't flip *as* much. I'm just not a creature of change, and was really happy with Windows 7. If it ain't broke...don't fix it. But then again, life's not always like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom