News Win a one-of-a-kind Walt Disney World experience - Glamping in Pandora

dizneeboy

I must be missing it but the details say the winners must travel over 4 specific days in July but only one night of glamping in pandora. Does anyone else see where the other two nights of accommodations are? Where do they usually stick you for these contests...value resorts?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
How do they make sure you don't go to other areas of the parks? Certainly there must be people around to keep an eye on things. Kinda creepy when all the focus is on you and you don't have a room to lock if it truly is this tent:
dcamp42041.jpg

And you have to stumble around in the dark to the toilet....😁

21stamps

what the heck is "glamping"? :cautious:
Luxury yurts etc..

Did you ever go to Coachella in the early 2ks when we roughed it?.. then I think around 2006 or so, they brought in ‘glamping’ It was great!.. but unfortunately near the end of my Coachella years, I think I only went twice after that.
Kids today have it so much better. Spoiled brats. ;)

raven

How do they make sure you don't go to other areas of the parks? Certainly there must be people around to keep an eye on things. Kinda creepy when all the focus is on you and you don't have a room to lock if it truly is this tent:
dcamp42041.jpg
The winners will be confined to their accommodations.

And here’s the thing, all the parks are deep cleaned and outdoor maintenance is done in the parks all night. The winners will be kept awake with the sounds of utility vehicles, pressure washers, gas powered pargos driving everywhere and 3rd shift workers singing (yes). Even do the you were to skip this area for the night you can still hear the noise from other areas of the park and backstage quite loudly. Perhaps they will just place an RV in the land for the guests and be done with it.

KBLovedDisney

Luxury yurts etc..
Did you ever go to Coachella in the early 2ks when we roughed it?.. then I think around 2006 or so, they brought in ‘glamping’ It was great!.. but unfortunately near the end of my Coachella years, I think I only went twice after that.
Kids today have it so much better. Spoiled brats. ;)
I didn't know Coachella was a thing of existence until this year. Didn't go but saw pictures.

Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

The winners will be confined to their accommodations.

And here’s the thing, all the parks are deep cleaned and outdoor maintenance is done in the parks all night. The winners will be kept awake with the sounds of utility vehicles, pressure washers, gas powered pargos driving everywhere and 3rd shift workers singing (yes). Even do the you were to skip this area for the night you can still hear the noise from other areas of the park and backstage quite loudly. Perhaps they will just place an RV in the land for the guests and be done with it.
This was what I was wondering as soon as I saw this promotion: wouldn't it be kind of noisy? It's one thing to lock people in the castle for the night, but it would be quite another to have them try and sleep in a tent in the hub.

Prototype82

What makes me want to win this even more is that the D-Camp website states that winners get to experience Pandora with "No Light" - And if anyone remembers what Pandora looked like before they added all the silly walkway lighting, you'd remember it was one of the most intoxicatingly beautiful things Disney's ever done...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom