will they .................

The_CEO

Lights... Camera..... REPORTED!

dtd2 said:
will they do anything special on July 17 since that is when disneyland opened up .

Did they last year?... Plus don't you think the 50th celebration would cover this?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
2005 minus 1955 = 50

50 years this July 17th.

Celebration starts 5/5/05.

If you can't figure that out, then seek help.

dtd2

Original Poster
allright I'm sorry I didn't know if they did do anything last year and that was the only thing I was confused about

CSUFSteve

I am told that they *will* be doing something on 7/17 but obviously the real hype is for the media event. They are still finalizing *what* will be done on 7/17 but don't expect it to be anything big. I imagine, among other things, they'll probably announce Nemo and Monsters then.

Although I get the whole 05/05/05 thing, I couldn't imagine *not* being there on 7/17. And judging by the fact that *all* DLR hotels are completely sold out that week, apparently others agree :) I'm just happy I got a room at Grand Calif!

CaliSurfer182

I was lucky enough to get my wife to agree to a trip cross-country for DL's official birthday. I also happened to get a room from the 18th-20th on property (DLH), for the 17th I will have to stay out in town, but at least I will be in the parks on that magical day. So I am feeling pretty good right now.

It is funny I grew up next to DL always wanting to go to WDW, and now I am leaving WDW to go to DL. :)

Tim G

The_CEO said:
I think you would be able to contribute in a better manner if you completed your sentences with proper grammar.

Just my 2 cents.
The guy is new here... give him some slack... :D

CSUFSteve

CaliSurfer182 said:
I was lucky enough to get my wife to agree to a trip cross-country for DL's official birthday. I was lucky enough to get a room from the 18th on property for the 17th I will have to stay out in town, but at least I will be in the parks on that magical day. It is funny I grew up next to DL always wanting to go to WDW, and now I am leaving WDW to go to DL. :)

Hey, that's great, congratulations! I'm sure you'll have a great time. As one born and raised in SoCal, growing up on Disneyland, Disneyland is my home. I love WDW and go every chance I get, and I've been lucky to be able to see the other Disney parks as well, but Disneyland will always be special to me. Don't expect Disney World, it isn't. There's no way we can compete with the space. But Disneyland has charms inherent in being smaller. Look at it in terms of how much we've learned since Disneyland opened, look at it in terms of some of the greatest attractions in the Disney empire started at Disneyland, obviously look at the historical context. Unfortunately, you won't be able to fully appreciate the frustration Walt felt over Anaheim that spurred his interest in creating Disney World as the "Commercial Recreation Area" is SO much more visually appealing after the expansion than it used to be.

We'll be curious to hear your thoughts. Make sure you take time to explore the Resort's (and Disneyland's) nooks and crannies and really try to get a sense of the history. There's a lot of stories in those orange groves!

Oh yes, and PLEASE judge DCA for yourself. We all know the rep it gets on most Disney sites, but again, try to be objective. Is it everything the Imagineers could have dreamed up, no. Is it of the caliber of DisneySea, no. But I do think DCA has some great theming, more attractions than people give it credit for (especially considering the masses probably haven't been to both WDW and DLR), and a lot of potential for growth. Disney-MGM's prospects concern me. And Walt Disney Studios Paris.... don't get me started.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom