Will there be a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party this year?

thomas998

I could fork over the $115 for 10/20 so I would be out for that much right now but it might still hold me a spot. They say they are suspending "all ticket sales" for now. So either one of two things would happen: the party is still back on for anyone who purchased a ticket (or managed to have one in the shopping cart, like me) before suspension of sales or the ticket will be refunded if the party doesn't happen. I say just hold on to it. The worst case is you'll get a refund for a party you can't go to.
And the best part is you might be able to resell it for a profit. In the past there has been a growing secondary market for the Halloween tickets. I was tempted after seeing the prices they were going for the Halloween show to buy some and use the proceeds to finance my own tickets... although Disneyland tends to have the highest premiums, I think last year October 31st tickets were going for 500 a pop once they were sold out.. WDW was close to 200 to 250 a ticket.

JohnD

And the best part is you might be able to resell it for a profit. In the past there has been a growing secondary market for the Halloween tickets. I was tempted after seeing the prices they were going for the Halloween show to buy some and use the proceeds to finance my own tickets... although Disneyland tends to have the highest premiums, I think last year October 31st tickets were going for 500 a pop once they were sold out.. WDW was close to 200 to 250 a ticket.

Sounds nice but I don't think you can do that any more. They're purchased electronically through MDE accounts. But why would anyone want to purchase them for more than Disney's cost of the 10/31 ticket which is high enough already?

thomas998

Sounds nice but I don't think you can do that any more. They're purchased electronically through MDE accounts. But why would anyone want to purchase them for more than Disney's cost of the 10/31 ticket which is high enough already?
Last time we got them for WDW I ordered them straight from the internet and they sent the codes that I had to enter onto the MDE accounts. So I think it would still be possible to buy them and sell them to someone else as long as you never used the codes. I would require a bit more trust than the DL versions where they just send you a plastic ticket... but I don't think they've completely closed the loop. I think part of it depends on whether you're buying them along with a vacation packager or tickets.

As for why people do it, who knows. Why do people pay more than a thousand for a Super Bowl game where you know the seats will probably give you a worse view than you could get watching from home. People do stupid things.

MissViv

I am planning on going in October (Halloween week) and have not purchased a ticket yet. If I decide to not buy a ticket or cannot buy a ticket, I will rethink my reservation at Contemporary because that is why I reserved this resort to be close to MK for Halloween.

I can see there not being a parade, fireworks, meet n' greets, or candy given out, so the party would be a moot point if that is what will be happening. They would not want in congregating or waiting in lines. Will just have to wait and see what Disney does.

Disney Crazed

Original Poster
I am planning on going in October (Halloween week) and have not purchased a ticket yet. If I decide to not buy a ticket or cannot buy a ticket, I will rethink my reservation at Contemporary because that is why I reserved this resort to be close to MK for Halloween.

I can see there not being a parade, fireworks, meet n' greets, or candy given out, so the party would be a moot point if that is what will be happening. They would not want in congregating or waiting in lines. Will just have to wait and see what Disney does.
I hope it all works out for you cuz the Halloween party is so much fun.

aliceismad

although Disneyland tends to have the highest premiums, I think last year October 31st tickets were going for 500 a pop once they were sold out.. WDW was close to 200 to 250 a ticket.
That's horrible. It's a shame that places have to put measures in place to avoid ticket brokers and bots from buying up tickets.

Disney Crazed

Original Poster
That's horrible. It's a shame that places have to put measures in place to avoid ticket brokers and bots from buying up tickets.
That is why it is so hard for the regular people to go to a music concert. I wanted to see Taylor Swift really bad and see sold out really quickly in my area mostly b/c ticket scalpers bought them and started selling them at outrageous prices. Mom and Dad then couldn't afford them anymore and I a regular kid couldn't go.

thomas998

What is horrible is that there is never anything done to stop it any in many cases the ones behind it are the artists and promoters that hold back tickets or hold back premium tickets and then resell them on places like Stub Hub... It's a con job that has been going on for a very long time. Think about it how could a venue really sell out 80,000 tickets to something in less than 5 minutes.

Red Wench

If the Halloween party is scheduled and Disney announces that due to the Covid19 virus situation there will be no parade and fireworks can guests who already purchased tickets for this special event get a refund? Since technically the event is not being fully cancelled I am not sure of the answer so I wanted that to be clarified if anyone knows the answer.

thomas998

If the Halloween party is scheduled and Disney announces that due to the Covid19 virus situation there will be no parade and fireworks can guests who already purchased tickets for this special event get a refund? Since technically the event is not being fully cancelled I am not sure of the answer so I wanted that to be clarified if anyone knows the answer.
Technically they wouldn't have to refund any money if they had the event but didn't have the parade or fireworks since those things are always subject to cancellation. I know there have been times when they cancel fireworks because of weather and they don't give refunds, I've also have them on several time do the parade without the headless horseman which is the best part of it...

Now they might give refunds simply to avoid a PR disaster but whether they do will not be known until you are closer to the event. If you wanted to cancel and get your money back you probably will have a better shot now than if you wait until the day of the event.

Red Wench

Technically they wouldn't have to refund any money if they had the event but didn't have the parade or fireworks since those things are always subject to cancellation. I know there have been times when they cancel fireworks because of weather and they don't give refunds, I've also have them on several time do the parade without the headless horseman which is the best part of it...

Now they might give refunds simply to avoid a PR disaster but whether they do will not be known until you are closer to the event. If you wanted to cancel and get your money back you probably will have a better shot now than if you wait until the day of the event.
This thought just popped into my brain. I won't be vacationing during this time so it doesn't effect me, but it is good information anyway. The parade and firework show what makes the MNSSHP so if those are scrapped then I imagine many people will want a refund.

Herdman

I'd be surprised if the event was held that they would give a total refund, but I think a partial refund for a reduction in price due to reduced attractions and events is possible. IMO, Disney has gone above and beyond what they were required to do in offering refunds, ticket extensions, etc. throughout this whole pandemic. I don't know why they wouldn't at least consider a reduction in the party ticket price if everything is not available.

drizgirl

Disney didn't have to but typically offered refunds on nights that weather required them to cancel shows or parades. I'd be shocked if they don't offer an opportunity for a refund if they can't offer the full slate of entertainment.

thomas998

I'd be surprised if the event was held that they would give a total refund, but I think a partial refund for a reduction in price due to reduced attractions and events is possible. IMO, Disney has gone above and beyond what they were required to do in offering refunds, ticket extensions, etc. throughout this whole pandemic. I don't know why they wouldn't at least consider a reduction in the party ticket price if everything is not available.
All I can say is that we've gone to special events, from Halloween and Christmas to the old Pirates and Princess parties they had years ago and during that time the weather has been so nasty that there were zero fireworks at parties on more than one occasion and there was no refund or anything provide to guests. So don't expect them to do what you think is the right thing, their track record of giving guests special treats when they have cancelled things in the past doesn't indicate to that that is what you should expect. It is also the reason that when we do go on a trip where we plan on one of the special events that we always buy tickets for two different days just in case the weather screws one day up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom